Manly man stabs alligator...to free his dog

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-28-04, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.local10.com/news/3685615/detail.html

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- A man stabbed a 6-foot alligator with a pocketknife after the reptile grabbed his dog by the head, and managed to scare off the reptile.

Matthew Goff used a pocketknife to fight off a gator that grabbed hold of his dog Sugar.

Matthew Goff, 29, said he was walking his dog Sugar, a tan-colored bloodhound, shar-pei mix, Wednesday evening at Kanapaha Park near Gainesville when the attack occurred.

Goff, an air conditioner repairman, said the unleashed dog had wandered to the edge of a pond when the gator grabbed its head.

Goff jumped in the water and stabbed the gator with his pocketknife, hoping it would release Sugar.

"It happened so quickly," Goff said. "I couldn't stand by and watch it happen, and I had the pocketknife so I decided to try and save her."

The gator released the dog when Goff stabbed it in the right eye. Sugar then ran home, he said.

Goff said he dragged the gator closer to shore, shoved it as far as he could and then ran away -- the pocketknife still lodged in the gator's eye.

Sugar escaped with three noticeable teeth marks on her left shoulder, one on her head and another on her right ear. Goff, who had a few scratches from his brawl with the gator, said he was relieved to save the dog.

"A lot of people walk their dogs at this park and let them swim in the water, but I don't think I'll ever walk her again without a leash," he said.

An alligator trapper with the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission planned to try to kill the gator Friday.

---
Old 08-28-04, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
search for gatordeb in the title and you will see a repost about to bite you.
Old 08-28-04, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Manly poster creates a repost.
Old 08-28-04, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey! Welcome to last week!
Old 08-28-04, 06:29 PM
Admin Emeritus

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread....light=gatordeb