Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

DPD detectives overcome by marijuana fumes

Old 08-26-04, 01:09 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DPD detectives overcome by marijuana fumes

http://www.9news.com/acm_news.aspx?O...7-c589c01ca7bf
DENVER- The Denver Fire Department's hazadous materials team helped decontaminate three Denver Police Detectives Wednesday who were exposed to moldy marijuana fumes.

The three officers were attempting to destroy the marijuana in the evidence locker room when they were overcome by the vapors.

"Over time, a fungus can develop on marijuana that can be hazardous," said DPD spokesperson John White.

As a precaution, the detectives were taken to Denver Health Medical Center to be evaluated. White says all three are expected to be fine.

While the haz-mat team was on scene, one level of the DPD parking garage was evacuated.

Evidence - such as marijuana - is often kept in the DPD locker room while a case is under investigation in the prosecution process.

White says that the Denver District Attorney often comes over to the DPD evidence room to view confiscated materials, such as the marijuana in this case.

After the case is completed, the evidence is destroyed.

The detectives who were overcome by fumes from the moldy marijuana in this case were attempting to destroy such evidence.
A fire department's spokesman indicated that the problem was compounded by the fact that the detectives refused to leave the evidence room.
Old 08-26-04, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Riiight, "overtaken" by the fumes, dude.
Old 08-26-04, 02:26 PM
Banned

I've been overcome by marijuana fumes many times in my life. The main effect on me was weight gain.
Old 08-26-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What a waste.
Old 08-26-04, 03:15 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Reminds me of one of my uncles who fell into a vat of whiskey. 3 men jumped in and tried to save him but he fought them off and drowned instead.