Reload this Page >

Anyone here disliked high school?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-25-04, 02:46 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ever realize you just can't stand the people you went to high school with, even if you don't see them anymore? I don't mean you brood on it all the time, but, have any of you ever had one of those random moments wherwhen something reminds you of the festering little turds and you think "I'm glad that's over!".
Old 08-25-04, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Dislike? That is much too kind of a word.

I despised high school. I abhorred it.
Old 08-25-04, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Freshman year kind of really sucked, but then after that I found my niche and started having a grand ole time. I definitely wasn't in the popular clique or anything, but everyone seemed to like me
Old 08-25-04, 03:01 AM

The only good thing I got out of high school was I found a group of friends that I've still got 16 years later. That group of friends hated high school as much as I did (a few hated it so much, didn't even bother to show up for the graduation ceremony).

My wife is trying to talk me into going to a HS reunion. Why?? The only people I'd be interested in seeing again, I talk to on a daily basis (either via phone or e-mail).
Old 08-25-04, 03:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't like it, but it was better than middle school. Senior year of high school is usually a cakewalk unless you're stressed about colleges.
Old 08-25-04, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I had the same exact feelings as Muggins.

The only time I enjoyed school was Middle School after that it was all shite.
Old 08-25-04, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I don't waste time looking back at something I may have disliked. I remember the good times but that's about it. I couldn't care less about the other times. Over with no point in thinking about it.
Old 08-25-04, 03:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I don't waste time looking back at something I may have disliked. I remember the good times but that's about it. I couldn't care less about the other times. Over with no point in thinking about it.
Old 08-25-04, 04:23 AM
Video Gamer Reviewers

No. I sort of miss it... no responsibility... my academics were a joke... I got lots of sleep... but, yes there are several aspects that I really didn't (and still don't) care for. As well as the several individuals who seem to act like they're still in high school (5+ years later).
Old 08-25-04, 05:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

The main thing I miss is Audio Video club. I was the shit back then.
Old 08-25-04, 07:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

High school sucked... and compared to my college days it sucked even more.
Old 08-25-04, 07:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was pretty much a progression for me: grade school was the worse, high school better, and college the best of the three.
Old 08-25-04, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't really care for it. I went to a prep school - it was a more competitive environment than college and even law school. I haven't talked to anyone from high school in at least 6 years.
Old 08-25-04, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i liked the experience but in time...... my best best friends were all back stabbers

but the High school experience was one i will never forget
Old 08-25-04, 11:44 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I didn't really care for it. I went to a prep school - it was a more competitive environment than college and even law school. I haven't talked to anyone from high school in at least 6 years.

Similar situation, but I liked it. A very good time of my life.
Old 08-25-04, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by raven56706
i liked the experience but in time...... my best best friends were all back stabbers

but the High school experience was one i will never forget
Same here...When I first graduated, all I could think about was how much I hated it. Now, I look back fondly, and remember the good times I had. I dont talk to anyone though from highschool, and havent in a long time. Not that I dont want to, just its been so long since I have even known anyone from back then.
Old 08-25-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I had a weird dream that I was at a highschool reunion or lacrosse reunion and I saw some of the guys I hated in school. They shook my hand, and all I wanted to do was deck them.

For me, middle school was hellish. HS was much different. I ascended into the "cool" group by soph year....which were all of the people who picked on me in middle school. I didn't mean to get into the crowd, but I was one of a few sophs who made varisty (football and lacrosse), which was a big deal. I stuck with my group of friends and could care less about the 'cool' people.

I want to go back and see what happened to ppl.

A freakin' WICKED storm is happening right now, off to watch.

-pedagogue
Old 08-25-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by pedagogue
I had a weird dream that I was at a highschool reunion or lacrosse reunion and I saw some of the guys I hated in school. They shook my hand, and all I wanted to do was deck them.

For me, middle school was hellish. HS was much different. I ascended into the "cool" group by soph year....which were all of the people who picked on me in middle school. I didn't mean to get into the crowd, but I was one of a few sophs who made varisty (football and lacrosse), which was a big deal. I stuck with my group of friends and could care less about the 'cool' people.

I want to go back and see what happened to ppl.

A freakin' WICKED storm is happening right now, off to watch.

-pedagogue

While I'm sure you were different, one of the reasons I didn't like HS was that the lacrosse players were a-holes for the most part.
Old 08-25-04, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by muggins
Dislike? That is much too kind of a word.

I despised high school. I abhorred it.
My thoughts exactly. It was a nightmare because I was both smart and a misfit. Not a good combo in HS.

Last edited by datagirl7; 08-25-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-25-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

High school was attrocious. The ironic thing is I've dealt with high school antics whereever I've worked. The gossip and the niches and the stupid politics are always there.

If I meet someone on the street who was in my highschool class, I'll say hi, but I don't really want anything else to do with them. If I did, I'd have continued my friendship since leaving school.
Old 08-25-04, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Ahh, so double posts are how your post count is so high

To answer the OP, I loved high school (well other than the insane competition amongst Asian kids). Some of my best friends to this day I met in hs.
Old 08-25-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Red Dog
While I'm sure you were different, one of the reasons I didn't like HS was that the lacrosse players were a-holes for the most part.
Yeah....at least you didn't have to PLAY with them!! Most of the guys were good guys, but there was a faction that were real a-holes. Thankfully most of those guys got weeded out, but there were still a few that lasted 4 years.

-pedagogue

ps. The only fights I got in during HS were with a couple lax players and once in football....all were teammates, and a-holes.
Old 08-25-04, 02:58 PM

High school sucked.

Freshman through junior years I had a few friends. Grades were ok. The rich brats were insufferable. I kept to myself, mostly.

I moved to a new school between my junior and senior years. I spent most of my senior year skipping, sleeping, and basically ignoring school. I barely graduated and couldn't name one other person who was in my class.

Good riddance.
Old 08-25-04, 03:37 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

high school sucked. loving college though
Old 08-25-04, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

If I had gone, I would have said it sucked for me.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.