Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

This is why i love being able to fill up myself...down there!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

This is why i love being able to fill up myself...down there!

Old 08-24-04, 01:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is why i love being able to fill up myself!

"Someone from somewhere"]aight...

so...it was near 9 pm, and the group was on the way to PAR .after a few minutes of argument hammer1.8t reluctantly decided to drive his mk4 instead of letting my brother a2jettafreak drive his mk2 beater . So we were on our way and My boy jay had just picked up a 84 gti with a 2.0 bottom and 1.8 head a day before. So the 6 cars went down rt 22....and

Jay decided to stop for gas at a local hess station. So we all parked and waited for him. He pulled up to the pump, opened his hood to top his fluids real quick told the guy fill it up regular and walked inside to get a drink. Then he went outside and walked up to his car to see that he had pulled up to the side of diesel!!

and the freaking retarted "foreign" gas attendant had started to fill the car up with diesel!!

after a few minutes of screaming at him and basically freaking out, we all realized the seriousness of what had just happened.

to be honest jay panicked, so we pulled the car to the side and started to figure out what we could do to fix the problem. My friend IAN, started to go crazy and he wanted to bash the guys head in...

hey the way i saw it he should have, but we calmed him down and instead people started to suggest ways to fix it. someone suggested that we jack the car up and drain the gas tank as much as we can. So we jacked the car but we didnt have a flashlight and in all the comotion....jay pulled the wrong hose and ripped a brake line instead

So the night went from bad to worst, a car with diesel in the tank and no brakes. We called the cops to file a report but obviously they couldnt do anything but recoment that jay a civil suit against HESS and the employee in case damage was done to the engine.

To make things worst hammer1.8t acciidently locked his keys in his car while reaching in his trunk to get tools.( so he had to call his folks for an extra)

So....after about an hour & half we finally managed to drain enough of the diesel out and filled the tank with a few gallons of gasoline. we left the car....at a local restaurant parking lot and went off to drink the problemms and headaches away at applebees.

WHAT A CRAZY NIGHT!!!

Just neede to get it off my chest
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1551184

glad i don't have that problem here. just fill up myself and get it over with. don't have to worry about some idiot putting in gas (or diesel) that i didn't ask for.
Old 08-24-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

OMG!!!!!11
Old 08-24-04, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I thought the diesel pump nozzles were a different size (bigger) so you can't do this on normal gas cars.
Old 08-24-04, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'd say that both the attendant and the driver are complete morons.
Old 08-24-04, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
I thought the diesel pump nozzles were a different size (bigger) so you can't do this on normal gas cars.
They are, must've been quite an effort to make that screw up. Unless possibly the car had a regular gas (IE, with lead) type of fill spout, but I'm not sure if a diesel nozzle would fit in one of those or not.

Not that big a deal though. Drain as much as you can, fill up with premium gas and drive it out. My step-brother screwed up and put 5 gallons (from a can) of diesel in his truck. Filled it with 92 octane and never had a problem.
Old 08-24-04, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Heh, what are you expecting from someone who gets paid so little?
Old 08-24-04, 05:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Think they'll ever be able to earn more when they can't even handle that job?

I'm really curious how they got the diesel nozzle in the fill spout though.
Old 08-24-04, 05:31 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
This is why i love being able to fill up myself!
It's not like there are any ladies that want to feel you up either. So being able to feel up yourself must be something you love to do.

Wait.. why did you misspell feel?
Old 08-24-04, 05:50 AM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Old 08-24-04, 05:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Say what you want. I will take my full serve any day. One of the few perks of living in this state. [and prices are usually toward the lower end too]
Old 08-24-04, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Agreed.
Old 08-24-04, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Humm. As metioned the diesel nozzle is intentionally made slighty larger than the a regular gas nozzle, and the filler hole in the gas tank is also the correct size on the car.

Unless this car is a really old car that has a giant filler hole for leaded gas, I doubt the authenticity.
Old 08-24-04, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

looks like hammer1.8t should have let a2jettafreak drive that night.
Old 08-24-04, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Working in the "evil" pharmaceutical industry booga booga
Originally posted by jasonr114
Unless this car is a really old car that has a giant filler hole for leaded gas, I doubt the authenticity.
Never underestimate the power of the idiot.
Old 08-24-04, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ths story needs more violent midgets.
Old 08-24-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by DonnachaOne
Ths story needs more violent midgets.
And a spellchecker...
Old 08-24-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I can personally guarrentee that a given enough coaxing, a diesel nozzle will fit far enough into a modern vehicle (Acura TL) to fill the tank with fuel. And no, I was not the one who actually performed the act. I did however laugh for a long time afterward.
Old 08-24-04, 11:50 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

the car is an 84 VW Gti so pre unleaded if I remember correct, or at least in the very early stages
Old 08-24-04, 12:00 PM
Banned

Putting diesel in a regular tank won't hurt it at all as long as they didn't fill it all the way up. In other words, a few gallons of diesel is no big deal, just fill it the rest of the way with unleaded and it'll be fine. A mix of diesel and unleaded won't hurt it, but running it *solely* off diesel would be bad. Could cause the exhaust system to blow off the car, for one.

What you do when you accidently put some diesel in an unleaded tank is to just fill it the rest of the way with unleaded, and then don't let it run down to empty for a while, to keep cutting the mix with more unleaded. Fill it at the halfway point instead, sort of thing. If you *fill* the tank with diesel, then you have to drain the sucker.

If you put unleaded in a diesel tank, then you drain the tank. It won't hurt the engine, but it won't run either.
Old 08-24-04, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Are you gonna do it, DPham? Just do it. Fill me up.
Old 08-24-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Otto

If you put unleaded in a diesel tank, then you drain the tank. It won't hurt the engine, but it won't run either.
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WRONG!

Sorry for the caps, but, just in case someone remembers this post and decides it's ok to start a diesel filled with unleaded...WRONG!

Diesel engines run at a much higher compression. Gasoline will cause the engine to explode.
Old 08-24-04, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally posted by Mongo
ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY WRONG!

Sorry for the caps, but, just in case someone remembers this post and decides it's ok to start a diesel filled with unleaded...WRONG!

Diesel engines run at a much higher compression. Gasoline will cause the engine to explode.
What part of "drain the tank" did you not understand?

Furthermore, you're dead frickin' wrong. The engine will not explode, but it will not run either. It will ruin the injection system before it'll put enough in there to explode. Unleaded doesn't easily explode from compression, it explodes from a spark plug. Diesel spontaneously explodes under high compression. The engine won't explode even if the injectors did work. It simply will not run, that is all. It might be a costly repair, but it won't be fatal.

Last edited by Otto; 08-24-04 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-24-04, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by El Scorcho
Don't forget the person who wrote up the story.

Old 08-24-04, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Jackskeleton
It's not like there are any ladies that want to feel you up either. So being able to feel up yourself must be something you love to do.

Old 08-24-04, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Whoever yanked a brake line loose instead of a fuel line is also a moron.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.