Kerry's Recent Voting Record

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-22-04, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.congressmerge.com/onlined...r=&fullvotes=1

The surprising thing is how many 'not voting' there are. Especially on confirmations.
Old 08-22-04, 06:33 AM

Come on... he's got a campaign to run, you can't expect him to actually do the job he was hired for at the same time can you This is one of the reasons why I think any politician should have to give up their current job when making a bid for a new one. Since his state allows it though more power to him.
Old 08-22-04, 06:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Nemein,

I saw the wink.

I did also want to note this record does go back before the campaign. Also, there are missing votes on days he voted for other stuff.

In general this was not meant to be controversial anyway. Just a post to the actual record for people to see and decide for themselves..
Old 08-22-04, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Capitol of the Empire! Center of all Commerce and Culture! Crossroads of Civilization! NEW ROME!!!...aka New York City
If theres anyone in here yet to make a decision...I'd like to meet him.

I firmly believe, and its reinforced by a story linked on Drudge today. that amoung internet users, the undecided voter is non-existant.
Old 08-22-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
don't forget all the committee meatings he's missed, I think they were intelligence committee but might be wrong
what's funny is I know a few of the votes he actually has come back for washington for have been anti-gun, yet he's trying to tell gun owners he's one of them

Last edited by mikehunt; 08-22-04 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-22-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tommy Ceez
If theres anyone in here yet to make a decision...I'd like to meet him.

I firmly believe, and its reinforced by a story linked on Drudge today. that amoung internet users, the undecided voter is non-existant.
I agree.

I can't wait to see the turnout for this election though. I just wonder if it will be higher than usual or if it will still be pretty low.
Old 08-22-04, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Applejack
I agree.

I can't wait to see the turnout for this election though. I just wonder if it will be higher than usual or if it will still be pretty low.
I'll bet pretty low. While internet users have made up their mind, I'll bet they are also no more likely to bote than before.
Old 08-22-04, 12:49 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

What is that magical thing known as a "bote"? Is it a cross between a sea-faring vessel and a bag used to carry things in?
Remember, talking about Kerry's voting record is a personal attack.
Old 08-22-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

but John Kerry is a saint

why would he refrain from voting?

this must be a Bush conspiracy
Old 08-22-04, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
wouldn't want him to vote for something before he didn't vote for it, or vice versa

Originally posted by Iron Chef
why would he refrain from voting?
Old 08-22-04, 06:10 PM
Banned

How's about we look at the voting records of some of the Republican senators, especially those who were running for president at the time. You think you'll see a big difference? I doubt it.
Old 08-22-04, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Captain Pike
How's about we look at the voting records of some of the Republican senators, especially those who were running for president at the time. You think you'll see a big difference? I doubt it.
I say we do!
Old 08-22-04, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Captain Pike
Let's return to the last Republican Senator who ran for the Presidency - Bob Dole. What did he do?

I can assure you there's not a sitting Republican Senator who has missed anywhere near as many votes as John Kerry has.

However, it's not the last year's voting record that I believe Kerry will ultimately have to defend - with the exception of his flip-flop on Iraq.
Old 08-22-04, 07:55 PM
Banned

Originally posted by classicman2
Let's return to the last Republican Senator who ran for the Presidency - Bob Dole. What did he do?

I can assure you there's not a sitting Republican Senator who has missed anywhere near as many votes as John Kerry has.

However, it's not the last year's voting record that I believe Kerry will ultimately have to defend - with the exception of his flip-flop on Iraq.
Let's look at those records. Your being sure doesn't really count for anything. I'm not saying that Dole didn't vote more, just that talk is cheap when the records exist.

As far as Kerry's Iraq vote, he didn't flip flop at all. It was the president who broke the terms of the resolution.
Old 08-22-04, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk God

You're obviously unaware of the action Bob Dole took; therefore, there's little need to discuss it with you.

Come back when you've done a little research on the action Dole took.
Old 08-22-04, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk God

As far as Kerry's Iraq vote, he didn't flip flop at all. It was the president who broke the terms of the resolution.

What utter nonsense!!!!
Old 08-22-04, 08:25 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I suppose requiring a simple test to be passed before you can vote is unconstitutional?
Old 08-22-04, 08:53 PM
Banned

If the vote is not close, why is his vote needed? I understand some complaint if his vote would have affected the outcome of a congressional decision, but if his vote would have not affected it either way, what is the point?

Were any of the votes he missed that close where his vote may have changed the decision of congress?
Old 08-22-04, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

So, none of the Senators need to show up to vote? Since the vote usually isn't close, no single Senator's vote is really important, so they might as well (each deciding one at a time) all stay home, or do whatever?

I would say that each need to contribute to having a quorum occasionally. If they were all slackers like Kerry, nobody would be there.
Old 08-22-04, 09:06 PM

Originally posted by joshd2012
If the vote is not close, why is his vote needed? I understand some complaint if his vote would have affected the outcome of a congressional decision, but if his vote would have not affected it either way, what is the point?

Were any of the votes he missed that close where his vote may have changed the decision of congress?

Yes, many.
Old 08-22-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess he spent a lot of time "on vacation".
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by joshd2012
To put your name on the record.
DVD Talk God

I recall only one vote (I can't remember what vote it was - I think it may have been a procedural vote) where Kerry's vote would have mattered. However, I believe a couple of Republicans voted with the Democrats, knowing that it was a free vote. If Kerry & Edwards would have cast their votes, most probably one of the Republicans would have changed his mind to demonstrate party loyalty.
Old 08-22-04, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Nazgul
To put your name on the record.
Kerry doesn't need a record, 'cause we're not allowed to talk about it, 'cause he's a war hero.
Old 08-22-04, 10:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by OldDude
Kerry doesn't need a record, 'cause we're not allowed to talk about it, 'cause he's a war hero.
Out of curiosity, who exactly is saying we can't talk about Kerry's record?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.