Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Need ideas for wife's 50th birthday!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Need ideas for wife's 50th birthday!

Old 08-12-04, 10:18 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ideas for wife's 50th birthday!

I'm looking to harness the immense power of the Otter for ideas/pranks to use for my wife's 50th birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. Really need some creative ideas to pay back for some of the things she's pulled on me.

Like sending an over 200 pound belly dancer to my office during working hours while I had an inspector in my office. (I was in the Air Force at the time.)

Let's not get vicious, OK? I'd just like to come up with some novel ways to celebrate the passing of a half century.

God! Has it been that long already? My 50th comes up in October, so I'm sure she'll pay me back then.
Old 08-12-04, 10:24 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 10,614
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about the belly dancer

As for ideas...I can't really help...sorry
Old 08-12-04, 10:25 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Giantrobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: South Bay
Posts: 57,585
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Your wife is cool.
Old 08-12-04, 10:46 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Posts: 14,804
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An elegant party, no jokes, but with 50 all over the place and all her friends invited.

That way, it is still embarrassing, but you show class, and if she tries to "get even", she'll only embarrass herself further.
Old 08-13-04, 12:06 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Back home in Maine!
Posts: 1,611
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your wife is turning 50? Here's an idea, get a 25 year old mistress.
Old 08-13-04, 12:43 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 4,278
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Mongo
Your wife is turning 50? Here's an idea, get a 25 year old mistress.

Why not get two to equal 50 years old?
Old 08-13-04, 01:15 AM
  #7  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Lighten up, Francis! (Funland)
Posts: 26,856
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 08-13-04, 01:20 AM
  #8  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

She'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
Old 08-13-04, 04:26 AM
  #9  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Portland, Oregon
Posts: 2,847
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

She'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
Old 08-13-04, 09:58 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: NYC
Posts: 8,790
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

She'll laugh and laugh and laugh.


I was gonna say just make her a DVD or something but Breakfast's idea was a lot better
Old 08-13-04, 10:03 AM
  #11  
Moderator
 
Groucho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Posts: 70,865
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrong forum to ask this question in. Most people here don't even have grandmothers who have hit fifty.

Spoiler:
Exception: classicman, who has several great-grandkids over fifty.
Old 08-14-04, 11:27 AM
  #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Shreveport, LA
Posts: 137
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need ideas for wife's 50th birthday!

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Your wife is cool.
Thanks! She has her moments.

Originally posted by Seeker
An elegant party, no jokes, but with 50 all over the place and all her friends invited.

That way, it is still embarrassing, but you show class, and if she tries to "get even", she'll only embarrass herself further.
Well, that's gonna happen anyway, but there's got to be some pranks in there somewhere beforehand.

Originally posted by Mongo
Your wife is turning 50? Here's an idea, get a 25 year old mistress.
YEAH!! But, somehow she'd find a way to object to it. Wives are funny like that.

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

She'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
I'd hate to be on your bad side!

Originally posted by Groucho
Wrong forum to ask this question in. Most people here don't even have grandmothers who have hit fifty.
Just wait! Your turn will come.

Last edited by Carlos Villa 3; 08-14-04 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-14-04, 11:47 AM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Posts: 14,804
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, that's gonna happen anyway, but there's got to be some pranks in there somewhere beforehand.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, one I liked that someone did, but it takes some work: replace tons of things around her with their 50 year old equivalents:

a 50 year old "microwave", borrow a junker 1954 car, 50 year old magazines, 50 year old dog (yeah, in human years, yuck), and decorate everything like it were 1954. (pinks greens, etc.)

That can be pretty eye opening, funny, and a decent prank, if there are enough examples that you put together.
Old 08-14-04, 07:43 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Legend
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Location: Rochester, NY. USA
Posts: 18,008
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This would actually be for both of you

Old 08-14-04, 08:47 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 1,722
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To test her sense of humor (and the strength of your relationship), get her a gym membership

As far as pranks go, I dunno...

I did a pretty cruel one to my girlfriend a while back. Her dad was a doctor so he got me an "official" hospital blank sheet of paper (with the official header and whatnot). I typed on that blank sheet, in a very professional manner, that I was diagnosed with cancer of the rectum, it was inoperable thus my rectum would rot within the next 2 months etc...

I left the paper underneath some other papers and bills on my kitchen table, knowing that she would eventually find it. And when she did I really felt bad because she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag

A couple of minutes into it I told her the joke and boy was she pissed! Soon after she was ok though, she was a good sport.
Old 08-15-04, 01:01 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: NYC
Posts: 17,018
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Darkfriend
she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag
I would have lost it right there, even if she was crying.
Old 08-15-04, 01:39 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Posts: 11,747
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My girlfriend makes me poop in a plastic bag and I didn't play any prank on her.
Old 08-15-04, 03:31 AM
  #18  
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner
 
Bacon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: the 870
Posts: 21,260
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Old 08-15-04, 03:56 AM
  #19  
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 57
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Darkfriend
To test her sense of humor (and the strength of your relationship), get her a gym membership

As far as pranks go, I dunno...

I did a pretty cruel one to my girlfriend a while back. Her dad was a doctor so he got me an "official" hospital blank sheet of paper (with the official header and whatnot). I typed on that blank sheet, in a very professional manner, that I was diagnosed with cancer of the rectum, it was inoperable thus my rectum would rot within the next 2 months etc...

I left the paper underneath some other papers and bills on my kitchen table, knowing that she would eventually find it. And when she did I really felt bad because she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag

A couple of minutes into it I told her the joke and boy was she pissed! Soon after she was ok though, she was a good sport.
you should have made the diagnosis excessive pressure build up in your penis which is best relieved through intercourse (but not mastsurbation due to more gentle nature of intercourse)...

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.