Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Need ideas for wife's 50th birthday!

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-12-04, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm looking to harness the immense power of the Otter for ideas/pranks to use for my wife's 50th birthday coming up in a couple of weeks. Really need some creative ideas to pay back for some of the things she's pulled on me.

Like sending an over 200 pound belly dancer to my office during working hours while I had an inspector in my office. (I was in the Air Force at the time.)

Let's not get vicious, OK? I'd just like to come up with some novel ways to celebrate the passing of a half century.

God! Has it been that long already? My 50th comes up in October, so I'm sure she'll pay me back then.
Old 08-12-04, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sorry to hear about the belly dancer

As for ideas...I can't really help...sorry
Old 08-12-04, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Your wife is cool.
Old 08-12-04, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
An elegant party, no jokes, but with 50 all over the place and all her friends invited.

That way, it is still embarrassing, but you show class, and if she tries to "get even", she'll only embarrass herself further.
Old 08-13-04, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Your wife is turning 50? Here's an idea, get a 25 year old mistress.
Old 08-13-04, 12:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by Mongo

Why not get two to equal 50 years old?
Old 08-13-04, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 08-13-04, 01:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

She'll laugh and laugh and laugh.
Old 08-13-04, 04:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
If you really want to make it memorable, get all of your guys' friends at the party, then get her in front of everyone by telling her you've got a special surprise for her. When everyone is watching, announce that you don't love her anymore and you want a divorce. Then, after she starts sobbing uncontrollably, say, "Ha ha, just kidding, happy 50th birthday!"

Old 08-13-04, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was gonna say just make her a DVD or something but Breakfast's idea was a lot better
Old 08-13-04, 10:03 AM

Wrong forum to ask this question in. Most people here don't even have grandmothers who have hit fifty.

Spoiler:
Exception: classicman, who has several great-grandkids over fifty.
Old 08-14-04, 11:27 AM

Originally posted by Giantrobo
Your wife is cool.
Thanks! She has her moments.

Originally posted by Seeker
An elegant party, no jokes, but with 50 all over the place and all her friends invited.

That way, it is still embarrassing, but you show class, and if she tries to "get even", she'll only embarrass herself further.
Well, that's gonna happen anyway, but there's got to be some pranks in there somewhere beforehand.

Originally posted by Mongo
YEAH!! But, somehow she'd find a way to object to it. Wives are funny like that.

I'd hate to be on your bad side!

Originally posted by Groucho
Wrong forum to ask this question in. Most people here don't even have grandmothers who have hit fifty.
Just wait! Your turn will come.

Last edited by Carlos Villa 3; 08-14-04 at 11:29 AM.
Old 08-14-04, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Well, that's gonna happen anyway, but there's got to be some pranks in there somewhere beforehand.
-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, one I liked that someone did, but it takes some work: replace tons of things around her with their 50 year old equivalents:

a 50 year old "microwave", borrow a junker 1954 car, 50 year old magazines, 50 year old dog (yeah, in human years, yuck), and decorate everything like it were 1954. (pinks greens, etc.)

That can be pretty eye opening, funny, and a decent prank, if there are enough examples that you put together.
Old 08-14-04, 07:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This would actually be for both of you

Old 08-14-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

To test her sense of humor (and the strength of your relationship), get her a gym membership

As far as pranks go, I dunno...

I did a pretty cruel one to my girlfriend a while back. Her dad was a doctor so he got me an "official" hospital blank sheet of paper (with the official header and whatnot). I typed on that blank sheet, in a very professional manner, that I was diagnosed with cancer of the rectum, it was inoperable thus my rectum would rot within the next 2 months etc...

I left the paper underneath some other papers and bills on my kitchen table, knowing that she would eventually find it. And when she did I really felt bad because she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag

A couple of minutes into it I told her the joke and boy was she pissed! Soon after she was ok though, she was a good sport.
Old 08-15-04, 01:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Darkfriend
she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag
I would have lost it right there, even if she was crying.
Old 08-15-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

My girlfriend makes me poop in a plastic bag and I didn't play any prank on her.
Old 08-15-04, 03:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2019 TOTY Winner

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Buford T Pusser
Old 08-15-04, 03:56 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Darkfriend
To test her sense of humor (and the strength of your relationship), get her a gym membership

As far as pranks go, I dunno...

I did a pretty cruel one to my girlfriend a while back. Her dad was a doctor so he got me an "official" hospital blank sheet of paper (with the official header and whatnot). I typed on that blank sheet, in a very professional manner, that I was diagnosed with cancer of the rectum, it was inoperable thus my rectum would rot within the next 2 months etc...

I left the paper underneath some other papers and bills on my kitchen table, knowing that she would eventually find it. And when she did I really felt bad because she started crying and asking if I would have to poop in a plastic bag

A couple of minutes into it I told her the joke and boy was she pissed! Soon after she was ok though, she was a good sport.
you should have made the diagnosis excessive pressure build up in your penis which is best relieved through intercourse (but not mastsurbation due to more gentle nature of intercourse)...