DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Other Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk-9/)
-   -   Driver pulls over cops, "Im drunk" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/other-talk/379661-driver-pulls-over-cops-i%92m-drunk.html)

Bacon 08-12-04 04:11 AM

Driver pulls over cops, "Im drunk"

I didn't see this posted, if it's a repost then give me the link

BOSTON -In this story, it was the drunk driver who pulled over the police officer.

advertisement

He pulled up behind me, rolled down the passenger side window and said he was looking for a police officer to arrest him, Ian McCollin, chief of police in Vernon, Vt., said in an interview Wednesday. When I asked him why, he replied, Im drunk.

To make matters worse, the drunk driver was operating on a suspended license, which was taken away after a previous drunk driving charge, McCollin said.

Bryan Condo, 28, was driving on a quiet Vermont road at night when he asked McCollin to take him in. Since drivers rarely pull over police cruisers, a cautious McCollin called a colleague for backup with an amused, You wont believe this one.

I was a little concerned, but I also wanted him to hear the story, too, he said. I was afraid theyd think I was senile or losing my mind.

Police discovered Condo, a resident of North Pownal in western Vermont, was four times over the legal limit and charged him with driving under the influence as well as driving without a license.

Condo was released hours after his arrest and will be arraigned on Aug. 17. He could not be reached for comment.

This guy was hilarious, McCollin said. And he was very cooperative and polite, unlike your average drunk driver.

rotfl

damn_skippy 08-12-04 04:20 AM

in the morning after the hangover

"i did what???"

or

"damn I must have been f-ed up"

Otto 08-12-04 11:02 AM

How drunk do you have to be...

It says that he was "4 times over the legal limit". In Boston, that would be 0.08 * 4 = 0.32. If he truly had .32, he should have been unconcious. Not many people can stay awake with a 0.32.

adamblast 08-12-04 11:18 AM

Clearly he'd just come from a screening of The Passion, and felt the need to give himself up.

conscience 08-12-04 12:56 PM

Originally posted by Otto
How drunk do you have to be...

It says that he was "4 times over the legal limit". In Boston, that would be 0.08 * 4 = 0.32. If he truly had .32, he should have been unconcious. Not many people can stay awake with a 0.32.

Not always true. My uncle (a true alcoholic) was at work with a BAL of .31 at 8:45 AM, left work in his truck and ran a guy off the road and then ran off the road himself.

Went to the hospital and somehow left without being arrested. The cops have not been to his house to pick him up yet.

Yep. My family is so cool.

Th0r S1mpson 08-12-04 12:58 PM

I hate it when that happens.

Abob Teff 08-12-04 02:11 PM

To still be a .32 in Boston, damn, I wonder how drunk he was when the convention ended?

Fok 08-12-04 02:29 PM

A happy ending, glad he didn't kill anyone.

raven56706 08-12-04 02:54 PM

"Were going streaking..."

Maxwell Smart 08-12-04 04:39 PM

Wonder if KFC is still open?

girlnextdoor 08-12-04 04:53 PM

This man will be talked about for years.

D.Pham4GLTE (>60GB) 08-13-04 01:54 AM

well, at least he *stopped* driving while drunk.