Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Who do you think Al Qaeda wants to win the US Presidential Election?

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Who do you think Al Qaeda wants to win the US Presidential Election?

Old 08-10-04, 09:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by dick_grayson
with the terror alert level at orange, the world in a panic, and Osama bin Laden still out there, I wouldn't exactly say we're winning the war on terror.
Wouldn't, huh? Well, at least we have an alert level, I don't see mayhem in the streets, and we've ousted two terrorist-supporting governments, since the last 'terrorist attack', so I'd say we're well on the way to 'winning the war on terror'.

But, I'm kind of a glass half full kinda guy, which is more than I can say for most liberals.

AAAAAAAAND, even Batman said that Tim Drake was a much better Robin, so there!!!
Old 08-10-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by chess
But do you believe that sentiment? Your statement that you will therefore be voting for Bush implies that you must.

do you recall saying..."rejoice because "their guy" won the US Presidential Election."

their guy?
I meant it as "their choice" (as opposed to Bush). I meant nothing more by that statement and if you believe I did, well, that's just something your going to have to deal with because I've told you the honest truth and I'm not going to spend any more time trying to convince you of it.
I'm sure that after reading the whole thread and specifically after reading the post about Al Qaeda and the Kerry campaign (not your post), I was probably a bit miffed and it came out as if it was all directed at you. That was not my intention, but I do stand by my statement that this is a stupid thread (not posted by a stupid person) by which I meant that it is needlessly inflammatory.
Inflammatory to you and whoever feels it's inflammatory. That's your choice. I would presume that others (like me) actually understand what I was saying and see it differently.
By all means, vote for Bush if you think things have never been better, but find a better reason than trying to get in the heads of obviously twisted people.
"Find a better reason than trying to get into the heads of twisted people?" I just created a thread for Pete's sake!

I heard the question, thought it was interesting, and created a thread about it.

OH, I GIVE UP!!! &

Today, I am the Best I've ever been (apart from some minor health issues), and I don't give any credit to Bush or any President for that. The credit for that belongs to my God. To clarify, as I wrote previously in this thread:

"For the record, I don't give any ONE man ALL the credit. It's a colletive force that's keeping the enemies at bay. And I'm not saying that he's just sitting around doing nothing either, but GWB has become the mascot of what the terrorist world* hates.

They see him as a threat against them, and to me that's great!

And like him, I for one want to be a Threat to my enemy!"

*Euphemism. (We all know there is no actual physical "Terrorist World". )

Nothin but love for ya.
Same to you, chess! &

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-10-04 at 09:43 PM.
Old 08-10-04, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

theek,

I understand what you meant...just wanted to help you see how I got the impression that you might think Kerry would be some kind of hero to Al Qaeda if he were to win the election.

Financially, I'm in pretty good shape too, although a trip to Iraq may be in my very near future. I don't credit or blame Bush or God for either.

I am where I choose to be, but many folks cannot say the same.
Old 08-10-04, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

theek,

I understand what you meant...just wanted to help you see how I got the impression that you might think Kerry would be some kind of hero to Al Qaeda if he were to win the election.

Financially, I'm in pretty good shape too, although a trip to Iraq may be in my very near future. I don't credit or blame Bush or God for either.
I understand.
I am where I choose to be, but many folks cannot say the same.
Whatever we can do to help others, no matter how small, makes the world a better place!

I don't know you all that well, but I believe in my heart, that's what you want to do.

THEEK!

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-10-04 at 09:54 PM.
Old 08-10-04, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I JUST saw this one:

I didn't mean to hurt your feelings.

Now I feel really bad, really...

Bad Llama.
Oh, I'm okay, really!

But now your the one feeling bad, AND NOW I'VE GOT BAD KARMA.

Forget the rest!

Vote for the Best!

THEEK IN '04!

Last edited by The Edit King; 08-11-04 at 12:31 PM.
Old 08-10-04, 09:54 PM
Admin-MemeCat

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm guessing Al-Quesidilla wants Bush to win, simply because he is a much more polarizing figure in the world community. I assume that they believe that by keeping the strained international relationships between the US and the rest of the world, it will isolate us and force us to spend more of our capital in the fight to stop Al-Quesidilla.

In all honesty though, it won't matter a damn, they're still going to come after us even if Dennis Kucinich was elected.