Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Other Talk
Reload this Page >

Video of convoy getting attacked in Iraq.

Other Talk "Otterville" plus Religion/Politics

Old 08-09-04, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here

The black SUV's look like Blackwater vehicles or another security forces.
Old 08-09-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

whoa
Old 08-09-04, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THe Volkswagen did it.
Old 08-09-04, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Da-amn. Anybody want to guess at the pulse rate of the driver after those shells exploded?
Old 08-09-04, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
where are the shots coming from?
Old 08-09-04, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Why do all soldiers have a Southern accent?
Old 08-09-04, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

We need to have a hidden special "insurgent" force that lags about a mile behind the real convoy, and when something like this happens, surround the f**uckers and blow the shit outta them.
Old 08-09-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow, that video was intense!!

I think the shots are coming from on top of that humvee, I can't tell for sure though.
Old 08-09-04, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say that that was a lame convoy attack. It looked like smoke bombs were going off, not blow-up-the-convoy bombs. Luckily for the troops, the people who planned that attack are apparently incompetent.

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 08-09-04 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-09-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Numanoid
according to that one thread its because we are more patriotic

...or because the military seems to have a greater portion of lower income people and the south still has many poor areas
Old 08-09-04, 10:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deftones, Esq
where are the shots coming from?
I'm not sure what the explosions are, mortar maybe?

The automatic weapon fire sounds like return fire because it is in 3-round bursts which the auto setting of the M-16.
Old 08-09-04, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Numanoid
That's the accent they have in alot of midwestern areas where there aren't alot of jobs and poverty is common and education takes a back seat - and these are the people that the military goes out to try and recruit.

Originally posted by DVD Polizei
We need to have a hidden special "insurgent" force that lags about a mile behind the real convoy, and when something like this happens, surround the f**uckers and blow the shit outta them.
Instead, how about we just pull out of iraq. They don't want us there. If that video was of some city in the US and the voices we heard from inside the trucks were in a language you didn't recognize, you would change your tune. I'm not saying "hurrah for ambush attacks on US troops" - I'm glad they were apparently unharmed, I'm just suggesting you think about things from other peoples perspectives. No offense, but I find your "kill 'em all" hunger for bloodshed distasteful. It's like you're still trying to get your taste of revenge for 9/11 and you don't really care where it comes from. I don't know... *shrug*
Old 08-09-04, 10:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Trigger
Instead, how about we just pull out of iraq. They don't want us there.
I don't think that's going to be happening any time soon..
Old 08-09-04, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think so either... doesn't hurt to keep mentioning it though.
Old 08-09-04, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Wow.....scary piece of video.
Old 08-09-04, 10:34 PM

Instead, how about we just pull out of iraq.
You do realize the shitstorm that would likely be caused by this action will most likely be multitudes of times worse than our staying there right? I mean look at the reaction/how emboldened these people were when we pulled out of Somalia (which wasn't ever really our operation to begin w/).

doesn't hurt to keep mentioning it though.
If you don't mine sounding like a broken record that is
Old 08-09-04, 10:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by Trigger
Instead, how about we just pull out of iraq. They don't want us there. If that video was of some city in the US and the voices we heard from inside the trucks were in a language you didn't recognize, you would change your tune.
So if foreigners driving SUVs were attacked by mortal shells and small arms fire while driving down an expressway in a U.S. city...wait, what are you suggesting again?

I'm not saying "hurrah for ambush attacks on US troops" - I'm glad they were apparently unharmed, I'm just suggesting you think about things from other peoples perspectives. No offense, but I find your "kill 'em all" hunger for bloodshed distasteful. It's like you're still trying to get your taste of revenge for 9/11 and you don't really care where it comes from. I don't know... *shrug*
So you think his wishing harm on those who actively attempt to kill U.S. troops (by launching mortars, etc.) somehow equates with a non-specific bloodlust on his part?

*shrug* is right.
Old 08-09-04, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

It wasn't just that comment it was a history of comments... but nevermind anyway.

If you don't get the other comment, then explaining it wouldn't do much good, so nevermind on that one as well.
Old 08-09-04, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
I guess I'll be the lone voice of dissent and say that that was a lame convoy attack. It looked like smoke bombs were going off, not blow-up-the-convoy bombs. Luckily for the troops, the people who planned that attack are apparently incompetent.
I'm not so sure. They certainly looked like break through the roof or windshield and blow up the people in the convoy bombs to me, I sure as hell wouldn't want one of those shells blow up in my lap, that's for sure.
Old 08-10-04, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Trigger makes an interesting point....imagine a similar video, only they are on Broadway or any other American thoroughfare and the voices are arabic, or chinese, or korean....

things that make you go hmmmmm.....
Old 08-10-04, 03:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by brizz
Trigger makes an interesting point....imagine a similar video, only they are on Broadway or any other American thoroughfare and the voices are arabic, or chinese, or korean....
I'm no terrorist-loving nutjob, but if roles were reversed and I was a poor unemployed Iraqi, I wouldn't mind firing off some rounds at the American occupiers if someone handed my a few greenbacks.

Anyway, does anyone else have any links to other videos like that? Ones that never made the nightly newes.

Last edited by funkyryno; 08-10-04 at 04:01 AM.
Old 08-10-04, 05:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

ill never get that one minute of my life back.
Old 08-10-04, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

watch it again in reverse - it's the Ferris Beuller solution.
Old 08-10-04, 06:27 AM

Originally posted by brizz

things that make you go hmmmmm.....
As long as you are insistant on carrying through w/ this "analogy" why don't you continue it back and imagine that you have been living under a brutal dictator for the past 30 years that the world has pretty much ignored/given a pass too but now finally someone has stepped up and helped removed him. Now all the occupying arrmy seems to want to do is stabilize/rebuild the country and help you set up a Gov't so you can run it yourself. However there are some who have their own agenda and are trying to spoil the process. hmmmmmmm....... indeed.
Old 08-10-04, 06:48 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Trigger,

Huh? If you've read my posts at all or even comprehended about 10% of what I have said in the past, you will see I have:

1) Proposed we actually do leave Iraq.

2) Commented about the naive soldiers over there in harm's way.

3) How the Bush Administration and prior administrations lack key knowledge of terrorism--which is--the culture factor.

4) Harshly criticized the situation on many fronts.

5) And finally in this thread, I have never condoned mass murder.

However, aside from this, I find it interesting you do claim I am somehow on a bloodlust hunt for anyone who is in Iraq.

Did you not read my post, or did you automatically assume a few important little things on your own end?

I'm very confused by your statements and I think in your mind, anyone who says anything "Pro-US", is, in your mind, escalated to the level of something that is quite innapropriate.

All Iraqi arguments and occupational discussions set aside and we know they cannot be changed so let's drop that for a moment; a convoy travelling through a part of town which is attacked by an RPG, has a right NOT to be attacked, just like any other civilian or military personnel in the area.

If the convoy was blatantly targeting civilians and killing them at random from their vehicles, then hey, I'll bring out my Insurgent Pom-Poms, and cheer for your side.

However, I'm pretty sure the convoy did not do this, and the only "kill 'em all" mentality is in your internal capacity.

In other words, I do believe you are wrong about my statements. If you want, I can translate some of my political and terrorist posts for you, so that it is clear what I am saying.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.