Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (4/19/24)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (4/19/24)

Old 05-24-24, 08:38 PM
RIP

Received 61 Likes on 44 Posts
Re: Pearl Jam - Dark Matter (4/19/24)

Originally Posted by Kdogg
Did you happen to ask if they use QR codes? Also what happens if you scan the QR with another phone? What does it read?
If I scan the QR code, it directs to the Ticketmaster listing for that specific show.

I did not specifically ask about the QR code, but
based on her feedback from her manager, sounds like itís a thing. We shall see.
Old 05-26-24, 06:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 968 Likes on 595 Posts

Listening to Vegas 1 this morning. Somehow, I must've overlooked Hard To Imagine on the setlist earlier - always loved this one, especially live.
Old 05-26-24, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,694 Likes on 4,568 Posts

Originally Posted by emanon
Listening to Vegas 1 this morning. Somehow, I must've overlooked Hard To Imagine on the setlist earlier - always loved this one, especially live.
Listening to it from a download or is it playing on XM?

What do you think of my show? I really did enjoy it.

Think I'm going to wear the tour shirt to the Dead & Co show tonight. It's trippy enough.

Old 05-26-24, 10:09 AM

Received 2,148 Likes on 1,254 Posts

One nice thing about owning a vehicle that was once a fleet rental vehicle, it has Sirius XM (maybe that's standard now, I dunno) and while I'd never subscribe, I get to listen to Pearl Jam on Station 22 right now during their free Memorial Day Weekend preview. Always a fun annual tradition.
Old 05-26-24, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 204 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by story
One nice thing about owning a vehicle that was once a fleet rental vehicle, it has Sirius XM (maybe that's standard now, I dunno) and while I'd never subscribe, I get to listen to Pearl Jam on Station 22 right now during their free Memorial Day Weekend preview. Always a fun annual tradition.
Just FYI you can get pretty cheap subscriptions. I'm at $5.50 a month and that's not the cheapest.
Old 05-26-24, 11:56 AM

Received 2,148 Likes on 1,254 Posts

I know. It's just tough to say "yas" to Y.A.S.

Yet Another Subscription.
Old 05-26-24, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
Listening to it from a download or is it playing on XM?

What do you think of my show? I really did enjoy it.
Download

Great show! Sometimes, Hard To Imagine, and Hail, Hail all within the first handful of songs won me over. Got a kick out of the $500 for the fan to gamble, and how it came out of Stone's backpack. I think I skipped the second half of Corduroy, just because I can't stand the call & response bit.

I've grown quite fond of the new album - with the exception of Something Special - and am glad to see them playing the hell out of it live. They could show more love to Got To Give, though. Setting Sun as a regular closer is cool, but predictable. (They did change things up a bit at last night's show though - even opening with Lukin!)

Ed sounds better to me this tour than he has in a bit, maybe his backing off of some guitar duties has allowed him to focus on the vocals more. I know there's some debate as to whether this is because Josh is in the band, potential Ed medical issues, or what...
Old 05-26-24, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oh - for those interested, SiriusXM will be livestreaming the Seattle show this coming Thursday @ 9pm PT.