Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The Cure - 2023 North American Tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The Cure - 2023 North American Tour

Old 03-17-23, 09:26 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts
Re: The Cure - 2023 North American Tour

Originally Posted by rexinnih
Registered for verified fan and got my code the night before. Was in the waiting room 10 minutes before and then to the queue. Logged in and then tried to jump on floor seats. Every time I chose one, spinning, going to a frozen blank checkout page. Kicked out and then had to get back in queue a couple of times. Finally got back in and seats were popping up and disappearing, was a real-tine whack a mole.
When they recommend a seat in response to one that you selected getting taken, all they have to do is hold that recommended seat for even just 5 seconds to give you time to add it to your cart to reserve it, instead you click immediately and you get denied with another recommendation, then click and get denied over and over. They finally let you in to get tickets, then you have to deal with their crappy selection process.
Old 03-17-23, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

It's a terrible system. I gave taken to selecting a seat at the bottom of the selection page and have found It's much more likely to be available at check out than the ones towards the top.
Old 03-17-23, 10:42 AM

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,120 Posts

I nabbed a pair of tickets. We aren't huge The Cure fans, but we like them well enough this should be fun. Plus, at that $21 price, it's hard to pass up! The Sucketmaster fees are a JOKE. It ended up at $12.52 each for us, which I guess is reasonable, but if it had remained the twice the price fee before Robert Smith advocated for fans, we'd probably not go.

I cant remember the last time I got in the cue for tickets right when it opened, so this was new to me. General admission tickets opened for our local show at 10:00am. I watched seats fade from blue to gray in real time. I'd select a pair of seats, only to be told "another fan" beat me to them. At one point, I pushed the back button one too many times and had to re-enter the cue. Everything where I'd been looking was sold out and now new sections were open. I got a pair there. Upper deck, yeah, and one of those sections parallel to the stage on the side, sure, but also much closer to the action than the original seats, so I'll take 'em.

This will be a fun surprise for my spouse and it's affordable, looking forward to it.
The following users liked this post:
Decker (03-17-23)
Old 03-17-23, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Waited, was 781 in que for Dallas, and it was sold out. About to try Albuquerque.
Old 03-20-23, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Also, these policies put in place aren't stopping anyone from scalping. I just way overpaid for 2 lawn seats on vivid seats, but it's for my baby girl.
Old 03-20-23, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt
But you've been selected for other shows, have you not? I don't know which shows Obi has been applying for and if they're all at the top of the demand pyramid, then it's possible. But if a couple of those are middle of the road shows and he's not getting selected, his account score is too low and he's not going to get selected for anything. At no point in the process is it "random" as Ticketmaster wants you to believe, and there’s zero transparency into the process for people to know any better.
The three shows that I've tried were Taylor Swift, Beyonce, and this one.

Verified Fan is really only in place for high demand shows though. I've never had to do one for a "middle of the road" act.
Old 03-20-23, 12:23 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

Originally Posted by Obi-Wanma
Also, these policies put in place aren't stopping anyone from scalping. I just way overpaid for 2 lawn seats on vivid seats, but it's for my baby girl.
Were you sent the tickets? Not counting a few select markets, they aren't supposed to be transferable.

Old 03-20-23, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by dex14
Were you sent the tickets? Not counting a few select markets, they aren't supposed to be transferable.

https://twitter.com/thecure/status/1...911962113?s=20
There are ways around everything. Supposedly you can transfer them if you sell them to another fan at face value. I don't know how you prove that you're selling them at face value though. It says that I won't get the transfer until 2 days before the show. I'll let you know how it works out. I trust that vivid will cover me if they don't deliver
Old 03-20-23, 12:52 PM

There are ways around everything. Supposedly you can transfer them if you sell them to another fan at face value. I don't know how you prove that you're selling them at face value though. It says that I won't get the transfer until 2 days before the show. I'll let you know how it works out. I trust that vivid will cover me if they don't deliver
The face value exchange is something done through Ticketmaster.
Old 03-20-23, 12:55 PM

Like I said, if I don't get them, I don't get them. Vivid will cover me. Usually there is some way that you can pass tickets to your friends so they don't have to wait for you for admittance to the venue though. There are lots of seats posted on Vivid. I do notice that there is nothing on Stub Hub or Seat Geek though, so we'll see.

My daughter is a huge fan though and this was all that she wanted for her birthday. She may not get another chance to see them.
Old 03-21-23, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

It took a bit, but I got tickets for Merriweather Post Pavilion during the verified fan sale. I would've gotten really good seats, but got a black error screen when it was processing my seats. Went back, jumped around a bunch of suggested seats that weren't available until I snagged a couple. I've only seen the Cure live once, 30 years ago when they were touring to support Wish. I see that the other day they put out a t-shirt using some artwork from the "High" single, leading me to think the setlist might lean on a lot of tracks from that album. I really, really wish covid didn't kill their plan to play Disintegration in full. I would've paid top dollar for that.

I just got this email from TM:

You're getting a partial refundFor your recent order for The Cure, you will receive a partial refund of $5.00 per ticket.

This is all thanks to Robert Smith.

No action is needed on your part. Your tickets are still valid, and your seats have not changed. You will automatically receive this partial refund which is already in process. It's common for this to take 7-10 business days to show up in your bank account

The Cure
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Sunday, June 25, 2023 at 7PM

Ticketmaster Fan Support
It's kinda weird that they gave acknowledgment to Robert Smith in the midst of a standard refund notice. It's like them saying, "Yeah, *usually* we have you bend over and force our full service fee on you, but this time that guy helped you out a bit."
Old 03-24-23, 10:02 AM

Like I said, if I don't get them, I don't get them. Vivid will cover me. Usually there is some way that you can pass tickets to your friends so they don't have to wait for you for admittance to the venue though. There are lots of seats posted on Vivid. I do notice that there is nothing on Stub Hub or Seat Geek though, so we'll see.

My daughter is a huge fan though and this was all that she wanted for her birthday. She may not get another chance to see them.
Update, not sure how this works, but I got the tickets and they are valid ticketmaster verified fan tickets. All they did was send me links to add them to my mobile wallet, and I have them now.

So yes, people are successfully scalping tickets for these shows.
Old 03-24-23, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

Update, not sure how this works, but I got the tickets and they are valid ticketmaster verified fan tickets. All they did was send me links to add them to my mobile wallet, and I have them now.
I figured that's what you would get. I'm not tech savvy enough to explain this properly, but the workaround is to replicate the NFC code from the original tickets and send them as a weblink for you to add to your Apple Wallet. So the tickets in your wallet will send out the exact same code to the scanners as the original purchaser's would.

So yes, people are successfully scalping tickets for these shows.
Yup, but prices are much higher than they would have been without the transfer restrictions.
Old 03-24-23, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by John Galt

Yup, but prices are much higher than they would have been without the transfer restrictions.
Yep, so all this fiasco did was lock fans out from even having the chance to buy tickets legitimately and force us to pay insane markups if we wanted to go.
Old 03-24-23, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Got my 20 dollar refund for two tickets in Austin.
Old 03-27-23, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

After missing the presale, waiting on the wait-list, getting in que and missing the public sale, and once resales started with refreshing the site for 2 days and making 2 purchases, I was finally able to get 3 lawn seats in Dallas. Not the section I was hoping for, but I will finally get to see my all time favorite band so I am happy with that.
The following 2 users liked this post by Cusm:
Decker (03-27-23), story (03-27-23)
Old 03-31-23, 05:59 PM

Old 03-31-23, 06:09 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,173 Likes on 4,202 Posts

Ouch. Doesn't sound good for Obi-Wanma
Old 03-31-23, 06:17 PM

I didn't get any account login details. We'll see. If my tickets are cancelled, I will find out I suppose. I still trust Vivid to refund me if that's the case.
Old 03-31-23, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 702 Likes on 455 Posts

From what I heard, they were only canceling good seats. Lawns really shouldn’t be at risk. But you can also keep an eye out for when these canceled tickets get re released.
The following 2 users liked this post by John Galt:
Cusm (04-03-23), Obi-Wanma (03-31-23)
Old 05-16-23, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Dallas show was amazing. I wish I would have been able to get good seats instead of the lawn, but it was still amazing. The merch tent ran out of a ton of stuff including the poster I really wanted, the Dallas poster is beautiful. I hate this is the first time I have seen my favorite band, too many excuses in the past.
Old 06-05-23, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts

Forgot to mention I got a ticket through diligent refreshing. Thank you Robert Smith for those low prices. Including the merch. Can’t wait for the show.
The following users liked this post:
Cusm (06-06-23)
Old 06-06-23, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,723 Likes on 1,879 Posts

Looks like it's going to rain for the Denver concert.

Are they doing unique posters for each show? I don't think I'll be able to get one because the rain will ruin it.
Old 06-06-23, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Looks like it's going to rain for the Denver concert.

Are they doing unique posters for each show? I don't think I'll be able to get one because the rain will ruin it.
They are doing limited numbered of 1500 poster for each show - at Dallas they had no limit and I saw people buy 6 and 8 each so they were sold out by the time I got to the front. They have been releasing second editions on the online store that are a different color and not limited/numbered; they also have a card with the art and setlist for the show on the back at the store.

https://shop.thecure.com/dept/live-c...=105516_107541
Old 06-06-23, 09:42 AM

Received 1,897 Likes on 1,120 Posts

Is the opener worth it? We're trying to decide if we need to be on time or can get there when we get there. How long between "show time" and The Cure taking the stage?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.