Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Adele - 30 (11/19/21)

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Adele - 30 (11/19/21)

Old 12-07-21, 10:26 AM

Received 3,245 Likes on 2,205 Posts
Re: Adele - 30 (11/19/21)

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
My Aunt got selected for a 10am time slot. Can buy up to four tickets but is going to the show alone.
She should just buy up to 4 and then sell the others (if resale is permitted).
Old 12-07-21, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 405 Likes on 286 Posts

Yeah, she's not really into that and doesn't need the money. Plus she should be able to get an amazing single seat versus trying to buy a block of four. I considered using her account to buy one and then trying to go back in and buying another three but I don't want to mess up her account status with TM. There's a reason she got selected versus all the other millions of entries that got waitlisted.
Old 01-20-22, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 2,150 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Adele is postponing her Las Vegas shows indefinitely due to her production crew being sick with COVID. Her show isn't ready. She's pretty upset.

Old 01-20-22, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 3,786 Likes on 2,550 Posts

Bummer. Looks like buyers on the secondary market will soon have $2000-$3000 in Stub Hub credits to use.
Old 01-29-22, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 389 Likes on 330 Posts

Her new video

Old 08-11-22, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by Decker View Post
Both my co-worker and I got “Waitlisted “ for the Adele show. No tickets for me.
Adele rescheduled and added 8 more shows. I got waitlisted again, but my co-worker got an Access code for Feb 17. She got us tickets! $375 each (plus fees), way over on the side, but second level of seating. Not too bad, I prefer to be over and low than up high and far away -- and I didn't want to spend much more than that. Pretty excited for the show!
One week before my Springsteen show in Portland. February is an expensive month for me.
The following users liked this post:
PerryD (08-11-22)
Old 11-22-22, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 405 Likes on 286 Posts

Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
My Aunt got selected for a 10am time slot. Can buy up to four tickets but is going to the show alone.
So almost a year later, here's how this played out. She's an amateur at buying tickets on Ticketmaster and got shut out of the original presale, despite having the VF code. She took too long looking through the available seats, and analyzing the price ranges before finally deciding where she'd want to sit. By the time she did that, all those tickets were gone. Then she tried some other seats and those were gone too. If memory serves me right, she finally carted a single "really good" ticket but had a hard time justifying how expensive it was. She let that one go and was never able to pull another ticket. She immediately regretted not buying the one she carted and it kind of sank in..."what's $600-800 to be 15-20 rows from Adele?". Especially after all the news stories about secondary prices after they sold out.

A few months later they released some of the production holds but only for people with leftover codes from the original Verified Fan presale. I immediately let her know and asked if she still had the code. She had to go through months worth of text messages, but bingo, she found it. I told her if she sent me the code, email, and password, I would log in and buy her a ticket. She sent that over so I logged in started going through all the shows to see what the best seats were. I narrowed it down to a few different ones and gave her the options. They were basically a few different front orchestra seats, just a matter of how much she wanted to spend....or a front row aisle rear orchestra. I suggested that one since she wouldn't have to worry about people standing in front of her if she wanted to sit, or giant people like me even if she was standing. She went along and I bought her the ticket and all was good.

Then came the delays that we're all familiar with. She had to wait another six months for her show but it finally happened this weekend. Turns out Adele did a short set from the audience during the show, and it was in the aisle that my aunt's seat was on. She said she was 2' from Adele and that she was basically right in front of her singing the whole time. Needless to say she had a great time and was happy with how everything turned out.
The following 2 users liked this post by John Galt:
[email protected] (11-23-22), Decker (11-22-22)
Old 11-22-22, 04:16 PM

Cool. I am looking forward to my February show. Glad to hear that it was so good.