Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

When will you be comfortable going back to see live shows?

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 04-18-21, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 154 Likes on 110 Posts

I have both of my shots now and am still holding tickets for Buddy Guy for this July, both shows are pre-pandemic full audience bookings. Not 100% sure these shows will happen but I have noticed a spat of local shows starting to sell for national acts for this summer. John Hiatt is booking some small theaters and Foreigner seems to be selling tickets for shed shows for this summer as well.

What will it take to get you back into a theater to see live shows? I would likely be willing to see a band I cared about in a reduced audience-sized crowd with masks required but not sure I am ready for full-size shows. How about you?
Old 04-18-21, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Re: When will you be comfortable going back to see live shows?

6/19/21 - I have tickets to Ween that have been rescheduled since April 2020. They've changed the venue from one of those sardine-can warehouses to a much larger (and nicer) venue so I'm thinking it will be appropriately socially distanced. I'll be a couple of months into being fully vaccinated by then, but it's still going to feel a bit weird. It will be bliss to hear live music in person again though.
Old 04-18-21, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Received 240 Likes on 170 Posts

I'm ready now. I'll be at Kings Island opening day, been to baseball games, I'm ready for music!
Old 04-18-21, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 512 Likes on 358 Posts

No masks. If that means verify everyone to have been vacinated, so be it.
Old 04-18-21, 06:37 PM

Received 2,048 Likes on 1,413 Posts

I'm ready.

I have tickets in September for a festival on the beach with Pearl Jam headlining... we'll see if it happens.
Rage moved to 2022... I also have PJ tickets for their North American tour, but no updates on that at all.

Regardless, I'd go to anything if they are requiring everyone to be vaccinated.
Old 04-18-21, 10:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 91 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm comfortable now, as I'm fully vaccinated. But I don't want to go until I can really enjoy it, which means no masks, no distancing, no limited capacity, no cashless/contactless sales only. So probably next year sometime.
Old 04-18-21, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 257 Likes on 158 Posts

I have tickets to several shows starting around August. I just picked up VIP tickets for Jinjer. I was seeing 3 to 4 shows a month before the pandemic, it's been a rough year for me. I'm ready.
Old 04-19-21, 12:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Getting first shot this Tuesday and 2nd dose in May. Personally love live shows and every year looked forward to the Summer concert line up to get out and enjoy some music. I have July tickets for the rescheduled Green Day tour and waiting for more shows to be scheduled before I start making more decisions. I feel good getting myself ready, just worry about others who haven't been vaccinated and not wearing masks.
Old 04-19-21, 07:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 202 Likes on 144 Posts

Id be comfortable now. Went to baseball games during spring training and Ive been to a couple bars with live music as well as a couple bands doing super under the radar type shows. As more and more people get vaccinated it will only get easier. I think Live Nation is really looking at end of summer to get back to full capacity, just basing off of new shows on sale and their latest round of postponements.
Old 04-19-21, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd be good now ... I have been vaccinated. I have not seen any shows go on sale that I am overly interested in. Waiting for someone I want to see. I 'm not going to go, just to go
Old 04-19-21, 03:34 PM

Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

I'm fully vaccinated now, but I really don't think I could do a full crowd indoor show for quite awhile. I have tickets to Jimmy Buffett at Red Rocks for Sept 9 that were deferred from last year. I am cautiously optimistic that it will happen and that case numbers will be much lower by then to make the wife and I more comfortable going. Being outside definitely helps. I used to love seeing up-and-comers at The Fillmore in Detroit. I can't see myself at any shows like that until maybe next year. That many people in an indoor space gives me the shivers just thinking about it...
Old 04-19-21, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 63 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm ready now. We're all fully vaxed. I want to go to minor league baseball this Summer, and any music concerts that pop up. Plus we got our daughter tix to see Billy Joel for Christmas in 2019.....and that show is now April 2022.
Old 04-20-21, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 243 Likes on 143 Posts

I’m already there, and went to a concert on the 10th. It was outdoors and divided into pods, though. Masks not required while in the pods, but necessary if you go to get a drink or whatever.
Old 04-20-21, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

~1-2 months after they start up again.

Let other people be the guinea pigs. If shows are happening again, without Covid outbreaks occurring (and given a good few weeks of incubation period), then I'll start going.
Old 04-21-21, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 81 Likes on 67 Posts

I have tickets for the Ministry show in... October I think. Maybe September, I can't remember. Anyway, with my wife and I having both shots now, unless concerts are found to be hotspots among vaccinated people, we'll be attending.
Old 04-23-21, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If any of the shows I have tix for happen, I will almost certainly go but I'm not sure what it will take for me to get tix to see an indoor show at say the Boston Garden, but honestly after the last Bob Seger show there I sort of swore that venue off. I was seeing 4 or so shows a year at concert venues and smaller club shows were even more common for me and I miss the hell out of the vibe of live music...
Old 04-23-21, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,394 Likes on 1,555 Posts

Just bought tickets for Dave Chappelle for me my wife and daughter on 7/2/21 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena. Full capacity. We are all vaccinated. I feel very comfortable with it.
Old 04-23-21, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 305 Likes on 241 Posts

At a glance, I thought the thread title was "When will you be comfortable going back to see live sex shows?"

Old 04-23-21, 06:52 PM

Received 202 Likes on 144 Posts

Yeah, but that would imply we stopped.
Old 04-23-21, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Have tickets to see Hall & Oates/Squeeze/KT Tunstall this September (postponed from last year) at Merriweather Post (an outdoor venue) and am ready. All four people in our group are vaccinated and we're on the lawn so we'll stake our area and have a great time. That said, I'm still not sure if I'm ready for an indoor venue. Not sure why, though.
Old 04-26-21, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

FML Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs just rescheduled their tour for March 2022.
Old 04-26-21, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 66 Posts

I saw a show in February. It was seated, socially distanced, and you needed to wear a mask if you got up from your table.

Old 05-04-21, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

I'm fully vaccinated and ready now, even if it meant wearing a mask the whole time. It's been way too long.
Old 05-10-21, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 106 Likes on 79 Posts

Will get my second dose tomorrow and one of my favorite concert series here in Seattle area, Zootunes, just announced a few local groups starting in July. Concept is selling "Pods" with walking space in between so will be tempted.
Old 05-11-21, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 125 Likes on 85 Posts

I think I'm perfectly fine watching/interacting with artists on twitch (live) which has blown up in a big way since all of this started.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.