Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

What famous(or long lasting) group or artist that haven't produced a large box set?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

What famous(or long lasting) group or artist that haven't produced a large box set?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-21, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: What famous(or long lasting) group or artist that haven't produced a large box set?

I don't think Ozzy Osbourne ever released a box set of all his complete solo work.

The same could be said for Prince.
Old 03-09-21, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts
Re: What famous(or long lasting) group or artist that haven't produced a large box set?

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
I don't think Ozzy Osbourne ever released a box set of all his complete solo work.

Doesn't include "Speak of the Devil" or "Ordinary Man." The latter was released after this set came out.

I have it. Nice set.

The following users liked this post:
PerryD (03-09-21)
Old 03-10-21, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 393 Likes on 281 Posts

would you consider the multi-disc deluxe sets for Prince albums like 1999 as box sets or are you thinking career retrospective type box sets as the standard?
Old 03-10-21, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,204 Likes on 1,507 Posts

Originally Posted by mndtrp
Agreed. He's supposedly contracted to do a greatest hits album with one of his old labels. If it ever came to fruition, I could see it being a reinterpreted kind of greatest hits album like Billy Idol's Vital Idol.
If he were forced to release a greatest hits album, I could see him using the drastically reworked versions of songs from releases like Fixed or Further Down the Spiral.
Old 03-10-21, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by jpcamb
would you consider the multi-disc deluxe sets for Prince albums like 1999 as box sets or are you thinking career retrospective type box sets as the standard?

The later
Old 03-10-21, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man

Doesn't include "Speak of the Devil" or "Ordinary Man." The latter was released after this set came out.

I have it. Nice set.

When did that came out and was it a UK release?

I never heard of it until today.
Old 03-10-21, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,736 Likes on 1,888 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
When did that came out and was it a UK release?

I never heard of it until today.
It came out late 2019/early 2020.

$500, which isn't bad considering you got sixteen albums, assorted goodies, and an autograph from the Prince of Darkness himself.

It was only available from the official Ozzy website; I think it was an international release.

I always piss and moan about these expensive sets, but end up getting them anyway. I figure that if I don't get one, I end up regretting missing out on it, but if I buy and regret the purchase I can always sell it and at least recoup my costs or even make money on it.

I also have the Black Sabbath "Ten Year War" boxed LP set, from 2017. All eight Ozzy Black Sabbath albums. This was a UK set, and I picked it up for around $400, I think.

Both of these sets sell for over $1000 each on the aftermarket, so I can't say I regret my purchases.
The following users liked this post:
JeffTheAlpaca (03-11-21)
Old 03-11-21, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 91 Likes on 64 Posts

The Red Hot Chili Peppers have not released one despite having a plethora of b-sides and unreleased songs (and it's rumored there are even unreleased full albums) since joining Warner in the late 80s.

Pearl Jam is another one, though they did release a two-disc b-sides set, Lost Dogs.
Old 03-11-21, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That is a nice set I wish I got it when it came out

I saw some people at ebay selling it for 1K+ and people were buying them.
Old 03-11-21, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe it would be a lot less expensive if you bought all of your favorite band or artists work indivually since most CDs cost around $9.99 or less.