Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Worst (least enjoyable) concert experiences?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Worst (least enjoyable) concert experiences?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-21, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts
Re: Worst (least enjoyable) concert experiences?

Saw Metallica years ago on that tour with Kid Rock and some other bands. The shows were good but this was at the LA Coliseum and tickets on the floor which was GA and open. So for several hour we were packed in on the floor so tight one couldn't even bend down to tie one's shoes or stretch one's back. It was also creating it's own heat even though the day was mild. The floor areas had to be 75+ Degrees.

The Grateful Dead...Also at the LA Coliseum but I was working the show this time:
1. We were warned to be cautious when accepting anything from the fans including their tickets at the gate because some liked to "dose" things with LSD to share the high with unsuspecting folks. That was kinds freaky..
2. Show started out ok but then they got the "Psychedelic portion" were they just jammed and played weird sounds. We figured most of the crowd was sufficiently high by then and didn't care that the show was shit.
3. The sound system was garbage. But no one seemed to care but me.
*Did see a Young Neo Hippy Chick wearing overalls with no shirt or bra so there was plenty or sideboob to enjoy.
Old 01-18-21, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
The Grateful Dead...Also at the LA Coliseum but I was working the show this time:
1. We were warned to be cautious when accepting anything from the fans including their tickets at the gate because some liked to "dose" things with LSD to share the high with unsuspecting folks. That was kinds freaky..
2. Show started out ok but then they got the "Psychedelic portion" were they just jammed and played weird sounds. We figured most of the crowd was sufficiently high by then and didn't care that the show was shit.
3. The sound system was garbage. But no one seemed to care but me.
*Did see a Young Neo Hippy Chick wearing overalls with no shirt or bra so there was plenty or sideboob to enjoy.
Q: What did the Deadhead say when he ran out of drugs at a concert?
A:
Spoiler:
"Hey, this music sucks!"

The following 2 users liked this post by Paff:
Decker (01-18-21), Giantrobo (01-18-21)
Old 01-18-21, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Old 01-26-21, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 66 Likes on 55 Posts

I haven't had too many unpleasant concert experiences.

I saw Joan Jett in 1994 at Slim's in SF. it was standing show (no seating) and I had a decent spot a couple rows from the stage, but then some a-hole was jumping up and down in front of me for almost half of the concert. Back then, you could still smoke in the clubs. I got tired of him blocking my view with all his dance moves and shit, so I flicked my lit cig butt on the back of the white sweater he was wearing, and it ended up almost catching a slight flame - but luckily he felt it and put it out! He stopped jumping around after that and stayed still the rest of the show!

I saw Dwight Yoakam in concert at The Fillmore (San Francisco) in 2004. That was a standing show also and I was lucky enough to get there when the doors opened and got a nice spot, center, right in front of the stage. Dwight was only two feet from me...and so was his ass! All he did was wiggle his ass to the audience thru-out every song he was doing (except the slow ones), much to the excitement of the group of 40-something year old women behind me, screaming as if they were at a fucking Beatles concert. A wiggling ass in front of me, and deafening screaming gang of women behind me...fun times.