Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Queen guitarist Brian May injured in bizarre gardening accident

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 05-08-20, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Queen guitarist Brian May injured in bizarre gardening accident. (Spinal Tap, anyone?)

Brian May landed in the hospital this week, but not because of anything coronavirus-related.

On Wednesday, the Queen guitarist and astrophysicist shared an Instagram post from the hospital wearing a face mask revealing that he tore his butt muscles "to shreds" while gardening.

"The Virus didn’t get me yet - thank God," May, 72, wrote in the caption. "I managed to rip my Gluteus Maximus to shreds in a moment of over-enthusiastic gardening. So suddenly I find myself in a hospital getting scanned to find out exactly how much I’ve actually damaged myself. Turns out I did a thorough job - this is a couple of days ago - and I won’t be able to walk for a while ... or sleep, without a lot of assistance, because the pain is relentless."

May says that he needs "to go dark for a while, getting some complete rest, at home" due to his injury. "Please, please don’t send me sympathy - I just need some healing silence for a while," he says. "I’ll be back - but I need the complete break."

https://ew.com/music/queen-brian-may...-butt-muscles/

Last edited by sportsfan64; 05-08-20 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-25-20, 08:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts
Re: Queen guitarist Brian May injured in bizarre gardening accident

Now May says he had a compressed sciatic nerve, not a butt problem, as he was still in severe pain. Shortly after that, he had chest pains, which turned out to be a heart attack and had to get 3 stents put in his heart. Gettin' old sucks, I tell ya!
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/enterta...-arts-52796964

Old 05-25-20, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 751 Likes on 456 Posts
Re: Queen guitarist Brian May injured in bizarre gardening accident

And he's not even a drummer!