Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Megadeth / Lamb of God tour announced

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 02-10-20, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 228 Likes on 144 Posts

Pretty good tour for Dave to return to the US from his cancer scare. Opening bands on their own draw 1000 a show, so this lineup should do well.

Old 02-10-20, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Megadeth / Lamb of God tour announced

Of course this comes through Raleigh while I'm on deployment haha. Trivium and In Flames are hot garbage to me but not bad for the folks that will come to this. Lamb of God is consistently one of the best live acts I've seen (up to 6 times now) and Megadeth put on a good (albeit scaled down) show. I think Mustaine said maybe 10 words outside the songs the whole show back when I saw them with Slayer and Testament. I would def go to this.
Old 02-10-20, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Seeing as how the Irvine venue is 10 min from my place, and seeing shows there on a warm summer night is a treat, I'll likely go if the price is right.
Old 02-11-20, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hesistating, I was all set to pull the trigger for the Megadeth Meet & Greet, then saw the final price tag of $391 with all of the fees and taxes. There were a sprinkle of regular seats in the first couple rows, they started at $79, then I added it at $99, my order timed out, then I added it again and it was $119 which was $155 with fees which is close to the same price as the Trivium VIP ticket. Strange to see regular tickets with dynamic pricing in the first 15 minutes or so.
Old 02-11-20, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws View Post
Seeing as how the Irvine venue is 10 min from my place, and seeing shows there on a warm summer night is a treat, I'll likely go if the price is right.
Damn U! I'm like 1 hour away and it's on a fucking weekday. I'll see on Friday on what my brother decides if we go. I've never been to that venue, he has. I've been to Irvine Meadows (R.I.P.), but that was a long time ago.
Old 02-12-20, 12:49 AM

Received 556 Likes on 337 Posts

Oh! Lamb of God! Sounds right up my alley. Is this about the resurrection that overcomes the Megadeth? I'd better go!
Old 02-12-20, 04:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 186 Likes on 130 Posts

No Vancouver or Seattle, but Spokane WA?!? Come on Dave!!
Old 02-12-20, 08:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by story View Post
Oh! Lamb of God! Sounds right up my alley. Is this about the resurrection that overcomes the Megadeth? I'd better go!
You should definitely check out Testament too.
The following users liked this post:
story (02-14-20)
Old 02-14-20, 11:44 PM

I will! Sounds quite wholesome!
Old 02-15-20, 12:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 356 Likes on 261 Posts

Lamb of God's name used to be Burn the Priest, until their record label suggested they change it. I'm sure you'd love them!

Old 02-15-20, 08:04 PM

Huh, must be Burn for Bernie. Well, I think I'll start by ordering some t-shirts for work!
Old 02-15-20, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
Damn U! I'm like 1 hour away and it's on a fucking weekday. I'll see on Friday on what my brother decides if we go. I've never been to that venue, he has. I've been to Irvine Meadows (R.I.P.), but that was a long time ago.
It's no Irvine Meadows, that's for sure, but as a temporary (or is it?) venue it does the job well enough, there's tons of free parking, good food options, lots of bathrooms, plenty of open space to hang/eat/drink, and the views of the stage are great from almost anywhere.
Old 02-15-20, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 815 Likes on 597 Posts

Last time I saw Megadeth was when they opened for Iron Maiden in 2013. They didn't sound very good and looked bored. Don't know if I'd go out of my way to see them again. (Saw them twice in the early 90s, and they kicked ass both times, though.)

I've seen Lamb of God four or five times and I think that's probably enough for now; also kind of shitty how they fired Chris, so I'm kind of sketchy on them at the moment.
Old 02-16-20, 01:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by islandclaws View Post
It's no Irvine Meadows, that's for sure, but as a temporary (or is it?) venue it does the job well enough, there's tons of free parking, good food options, lots of bathrooms, plenty of open space to hang/eat/drink, and the views of the stage are great from almost anywhere.
He got tickets...
Old 08-04-20, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I figure I'll post the updated tour dates, moved to 2021.

Many tickets have been refunded, so previously sold out Meet & Greet options are available again in case you missed the first time around.

Old 08-05-20, 08:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Well thanks to Covid it looks like I will be able to attend this after all (assuming Covid doesn't kill 2021 music). Still not pumped about the two opening acts but Lamb of God is always a good time live and I've been wanting to see Megadeth a second time.
Old 08-05-20, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by beavis69 View Post
Still not pumped about the two opening acts
If it was old school melodeath In Flames, I'd be interested, but I never really cared for the direction they took after that.
Old 08-05-20, 07:43 PM

Awesome, this Lamb of God is really going to be a powerful way for me to deepen my faith! I love that they use papyrus font, it's so fresh!
Old 08-06-20, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
If it was old school melodeath In Flames, I'd be interested, but I never really cared for the direction they took after that.
I really dislike their newer stuff, but I should probably give their older stuff another chance. I will say, I recently listened to Lunar Strain on Spotify and was blown away by it. Kinda wish they had kept that sound cause from what I've read, nothing else they have done has sounded like that.
Old 08-06-20, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by beavis69 View Post
I really dislike their newer stuff, but I should probably give their older stuff another chance. I will say, I recently listened to Lunar Strain on Spotify and was blown away by it. Kinda wish they had kept that sound cause from what I've read, nothing else they have done has sounded like that.
Yeah, Lunar Strain is a good album unlike their more recent stuff. I really like the Swedish melodic death metal that was coming out of the Gothenburg scene in the early 90's (At the Gates, In Flames, Arch Enemy, etc.) but unfortunately a lot of the bands like In Flames moved away from that over the years (in the case of In Flames, rather quickly), I'm not a fan of their alternative metal output.

Last edited by cultshock; 08-06-20 at 05:33 PM.
Old 05-05-21, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Tour postponed again (only by 6 weeks) and some cities were dropped. Tickets go back on sale on Friday on https://www.metaltouroftheyear.com/

Old 05-13-21, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Wonder if Ellefson will still be with the band after being caught wanking on camera with a 19 year-old girl ? The official comment from Megadeth (which I would imagine is just Mustaine) seemed awfully terse.
Old 05-13-21, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Phodg View Post
Wonder if Ellefson will still be with the band after being caught wanking on camera with a 19 year-old girl ? The official comment from Megadeth (which I would imagine is just Mustaine) seemed awfully terse.
Yeah, that's bad timing with the tour coming up, and awful for the girl to share that video with friends.

Old 05-13-21, 01:47 PM

All right! Six extra weeks to organize the youth group together to see Lamb of God! #blessed
emanon (05-15-21)
Old 05-13-21, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All right! Six extra weeks to organize the youth group together to see Lamb of God! #blessed
Exodus and Testament seem to tour together a lot. I'll let you know the next time they come through town.
story (05-13-21)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.