Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

When all else has been done and said, along comes Mr. Oysterhead

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-18-19, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Iím stoked for this. Oysterhead is reuniting to do a tour and possibly another album!

Oysterhead was formed in 2000 and is composed of Trey Anastasio (Phish), Les Claypool (Primus, Claypool Lennon Delierium, and multiple other side projects), and Stewart Copeland (The Police).

They toured from 2000-2001, released the excellent album Grand Pecking Order, and that was it except for a one time reunion in 2006 at the Bonnaroo music festival.

But now theyíve reunited for another tour starting in February of 2020. So far only 2 nights in CO are confirmed, but more dates will almost definitely get added soon. Sweetwater 420Fest in Atlanta is a big rumor right now.

My fingers are crossed that theyíll actually record a new album and hopefully do a vinyl repressing of Grand Pecking Order, which is long out of print and selling for crazy high prices.

I already plan of getting a ticket for 420 Fest either way. Even if they donít play there, the line-up is always full of great bands.

https://www.jambase.com/article/oysterhead-tour-2020