Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sirius XM streaming

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Sirius XM streaming

Old 04-17-24, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 165 Likes on 110 Posts
Re: Sirius XM streaming

$3/month for 36 months for eligible radios and accounts, cancel any time:

https://siriusxm.com/my3years
Old 04-17-24, 09:34 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts

^ Nice deal. Looks to be limited to car+app subscriptions. I'm app only and couldn't get it to work.
Old 04-17-24, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

Yeah it is a good deal but only works on inactive radios that receive the email (the fine print).
Old 04-17-24, 11:21 AM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
Yeah it is a good deal but only works on inactive radios that receive the email (the fine print).
I had an email-only deal that offered $4/month and a $25 prepaid CC after 2 month of service, cancel anytime. They look kind of desperate.
Old 04-17-24, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,271 Likes on 782 Posts

Originally Posted by X
I had an email-only deal that offered $4/month and a $25 prepaid CC after 2 month of service, cancel anytime. They look kind of desperate.
Not being a smartass but has there ever been a time when they haven't seemed desperate since they started the business? Hell, they seemed desperate back in the days when they were two different companies.

I like the service but after adapting Spotify to meet my XM needs after their disastrous app update, I find I am totally good without them now. And I have been a long-time subscriber since back when they were two different companies.

I miss "IT" from the old XM days when "IT" would take over all the pop channels and play every damn popular pop/rock/R&B song from the 1950's to the current time. I can't imagine the undertaking that programming took to do at the time.
Old 04-17-24, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 559 Likes on 391 Posts

I haven't paid full price on my yearly renewal for as long as I can remember. I just call the day before my subscription expires, tell them to cancel, and I get a new deal. It seems they'd rather have some money than none.

Hopefully NY going after them for their cancellation procedures doesn't screw that up.
Old 04-17-24, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 200 Likes on 149 Posts

They are probably at the point where every marginal dollar is highly profitable. The royalty fee is added as a percentage of the base rate and covers the part that goes to artists and record companies. The fixed costs donít scale with more subscribers on the car front. Itís not like they have to launch more satellites. Itís the same whether they have 1000 subs or 100,000. So if someone signs up for $3 thatís probably mostly profit.