Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Sirius XM streaming

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Sirius XM streaming

Old 12-18-23, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 192 Likes on 142 Posts
Re: Sirius XM streaming

Originally Posted by stingermck
This hit my phone app, noticed it when I plugged into my car today. Ugh.
Same here. They are really pushing this "Discovery" shit (probably to promote artists/shows they have a financial link with and mine user preferences) I don't want to find new stuff. I'm old..
Old 12-18-23, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 433 Likes on 294 Posts

Same, I'm just trying to relax and listen to Yacht Rock on the way to work.
Old 12-18-23, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

Originally Posted by emanon
They took the 15 second forward/back skip away.
"Restart show" also gone from web version

My Favorites--now in Library--are also very mixed up. I had them arranged in a specific order, but that's gone.
Old 12-18-23, 06:01 PM

I know some people have better deals ($99 for 3 years/ $120 for five) but I've never been able to get those. I did get this one though. After 30 minutes on the phone, I cut to the chase and told the very nice Rep that I wanted to cancel so that I could resubscribe for the new plan. He offered a $5 for 12 months. I gave him the program code - MLTMCP24FOR4 (it's in the URL) and he went back and got it approved without having to cancel. I had the $8.00 Music Advantage plan and this doubles the content. I did it for the discount.

https://slickdeals.net/f/17173822-si...commentsHeader

Originally Posted by GuessWho
"Restart show" also gone from web version

My Favorites--now in Library--are also very mixed up. I had them arranged in a specific order, but that's gone.
Thought that too but then I realized they are linear instead of 3 x whatever. Still hate it.
Old 12-18-23, 07:45 PM
X
Administrator

Received 169 Likes on 132 Posts

Theyíre constantly bugging me to sign up for this deal: $4/MO. FOR 1 YEAR + FREE Upgrade to the Platinum Plan. Also the $99 for 3 years. I donít drive that much right now so itís of marginal value to me. Iíll have to see what the Platinum Plan is.
Old 12-19-23, 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kdogg

Thought that too but then I realized they are linear instead of 3 x whatever. Still hate it.
I stand corrected. The library updates to the last played channel. This entire update is FOBAR.
Old 12-19-23, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,203 Likes on 737 Posts

Okay, my big use of SiriusXM is the countdown shows. I listen to the 60's stuff all the way up to now (don't get me started on why they don't have a 70's countdown show).

Guess what...the new app no longer saves your place on the show. I could listen to several shows at varying times, and it always saved my place. Now it just starts over at the beginning of the show if you go back to it, which makes it useless for me. Hopefully this is just a temporary fuck up but if it stays like this, I will just drop SiriusXM and go back to Spotify for all my music listening. They have plenty of playlists I can utilize.

Plus, the motherfucking list still removes saved shows or channels as I scroll down the damn thing. Almost every time. And there is no "UNDO" function so whatever got deleted is gone. And it happens so fast that I don't even know what show or channel it was because the new app jumbles them all together.

Fuck this shit.
Old 12-19-23, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 511 Likes on 356 Posts

They are getting hammered on their socials... every post SiriusXM makes immediately turns to the new app sucks and restore Deep Tracks to the lower channels.

I turned off automatic app updates on my Apple TVs as the old app still works... just like before. Favorites and all.
Old 12-19-23, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by X
Theyíre constantly bugging me to sign up for this deal: $4/MO. FOR 1 YEAR + FREE Upgrade to the Platinum Plan. Also the $99 for 3 years. I donít drive that much right now so itís of marginal value to me. Iíll have to see what the Platinum Plan is.
THANK YOU for the heads up on this. Wife has been asking to reinstate our subscription and after negotiating for an hour, was able to secure this deal.

$58 total with taxes for the year! Huzzah!
Old 12-20-23, 10:45 AM

Received 112 Likes on 91 Posts

Thankfully this app wasn't deployed to my phone yet so I was able to turn off automatic updates in time. Sounds like the new app is a disaster. The current/old one is far from perfect but it meets my needs -- which is basically just toggling between Hair Nation and Ozzy's Boneyard.
Old 12-21-23, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 278 Likes on 207 Posts

I see version 7.0.5 of the app was released today. Any significant improvements? I'm still using the old app until I hear most of the issues are fixed
Old 12-21-23, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by windom
I see version 7.0.5 of the app was released today. Any significant improvements? I'm still using the old app until I hear most of the issues are fixed
Just some UI tweaks. All the shitty stuff is still there. If the just made the new Library like the old favorites it would solve a bunch of complaints.
Old 12-22-23, 04:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah no changes that show SiriusXM is listening to customers.
Old 12-22-23, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 941 Likes on 575 Posts

Originally Posted by Meathead
Yeah no changes that show SiriusXM is listening to customers.
They can listen to the part where I cancel my 11-years-and-running subscription next month if things don't change.

(not that they'll care. DTV didn't, either)
Old 12-28-23, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even more of a cluster-fck today... Website keeps going down, you get logged out and then can't log back in. App has been glitchy too. Called in and all the customer care systems are also down and they can't even take your name and number (or they just don't care).
Old 01-08-24, 07:22 AM

Received 4,731 Likes on 3,207 Posts

I’ve been hearing about the new app, but haven’t used it until today since Stern is back. Not having the ability to skip back or forward 15 seconds is fucking annoying.
Old 01-09-24, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 284 Likes on 180 Posts

I'm still happily using the old app on phone and tablet, but using the website at work suuuuuuuuuucks.
Old 01-09-24, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 262 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Iíve been hearing about the new app, but havenít used it until today since Stern is back. Not having the ability to skip back or forward 15 seconds is fucking annoying.
That's why I am making sure to never update it. That 15 second skip comes in clutch anytime Mariann from Brooklyn calls in.
Old 01-09-24, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,496 Likes on 4,442 Posts

I was driving in my rental car the other day and they played a Springsteen concert that I attended in 1988. To think that a concert I was enjoying as a college student could come through the car radio, via my mobile phone, some 35 years later as I drove home after work is just crazy when you think about it.

The following users liked this post:
emanon (01-09-24)
Old 01-10-24, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am a longtime subscriber and just cancelled. Their crippling of the app has completely made me not want to use them to listen to anything since they made the changes they did, and it does not appear they are going to fix them.

In the meantime, I have been using Spotify radio options and various playlists there and have found that Spotify is giving me enough to help me not miss Sirius. No reason in spending the extra money on a service that now pains me to use so I dumped them.

The new app jumbled everything up, deletes my favorite channels and shows constantly just by scrolling down, doesn't save my place on programs anymore, doesn't show what prior artists or songs played (they used to show at the bottom the last 4 songs played which was helpful in finding new artists to listen to), made it more difficult to find various "moods" of music channels, and several other issues.

Fuck 'em.
Old 01-10-24, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 941 Likes on 575 Posts

Did they make any efforts at retention? Or just a "sorry to see you go!" kinda thing?
Old 01-10-24, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SiriusXM does not care. It's not like they don't know the vast majority of subscribers hate the changes. They are deleting the one star reviews on the app store within days to keep their rating artificially high.
Old 01-10-24, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by emanon
Did they make any efforts at retention? Or just a "sorry to see you go!" kinda thing?
haha. Yeah. They are kind of a pain in the ass to cancel with because you can't just hit a cancel button. You have to chat with a live rep to cancel the service. He offered me a chance to stay with them for a discounted plan that cost more than my current plan costs. I said no thanks. I assume he didn't even look at what I was currently paying.

I only pay 6 bucks a month but if I am not going to use the service at all, then that is $6 back in my pocket each month. Plus, I was going up for renewal in a couple of months and would have to do the whole haggling thing for that deal again and just didn't want to worry with it.

And I did tell him the app changes were what was causing me to cancel, for what it's worth.
Old 01-10-24, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meathead
SiriusXM does not care. It's not like they don't know the vast majority of subscribers hate the changes. They are deleting the one star reviews on the app store within days to keep their rating artificially high.
Yeah, I did some digging before I cancelled and read about that on reddit. It appears Sirius is saying love it or leave it so I decided to leave it.
Old 01-10-24, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
haha. Yeah. They are kind of a pain in the ass to cancel with because you can't just hit a cancel button. You have to chat with a live rep to cancel the service. He offered me a chance to stay with them for a discounted plan that cost more than my current plan costs. I said no thanks. I assume he didn't even look at what I was currently paying.
New York just filed suit against them for their cancellation practices.

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
Yeah, I did some digging before I cancelled and read about that on reddit. It appears Sirius is saying love it or leave it so I decided to leave it.
I was able to force them to call me by filing an unresolved complaint. Listening between the lines, that's exactly their policy. If you don't like it... leave.
The following users liked this post:
Spiderbite (01-10-24)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.