Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lindsey Buckingham Heart problems

Old 02-08-19, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Lindsey Buckingham Heart problems

Just read an FB post that Lindsey Buckingham had emergency open heart surgery last week. He is recovering, but has suffered vocal cord damage! Yikes!

Rolling Stone article
Old 02-08-19, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Lindsey Buckingham Heart problems

Oh, man, terrible news. My guess is, the vocal-chord damage is from the intubation and won't be permanent, but he might decide to hang up his guitar regardless. That would be a great loss to music. He's one of only a small handful of musicians whose albums I still automatically buy.
Old 02-08-19, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume View Post
Oh, man, terrible news. My guess is, the vocal-chord damage is from the intubation and won't be permanent, but he might decide to hang up his guitar regardless. That would be a great loss to music. He's one of only a small handful of musicians whose albums I still automatically buy.
same here. Well even if he canít sing he could still write some mean songs for McVie to sing ...

sounds like a family history of heart problems though, so hopefully this surgery takes care of it
Old 02-08-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post
same here. Well even if he canít sing he could still write some mean songs for McVie to sing ...

Are they still on speaking terms after the whole F.M. fiasco? Plus, though I'm not enormously fond of his reedy voice, I'd rather he sing his own songs. He's unique. There's only one Lindsey Buckingham.
sounds like a family history of heart problems though, so hopefully this surgery takes care of it
Medicine can do so much more these days than was possible even 20 years ago, so, yeah, I'm with you in crossing my fingers that the surgery will help Lindsey live normally.
My mom had congestive heart failure about 6 years ago. She had mitral valve surgery and, knock on wood, her heart has been fine since.
Old 02-08-19, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Donít know if theyíre on good terms but I doubt she was a big part of the ouster.

I like his voice too. Irreplaceable

Glad to hear your mom is well!
Old 02-09-19, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lindsey has said that Chris was the only one who reached out afterwards. He didn't give the impression that they are on bad terms.
Old 02-09-19, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Yeah, considering they just released a great album a little while ago, Iíd assume theyíre copacetic!
Old 02-09-19, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kurt D View Post
Glad to hear your mom is well!
Thank you.