Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Kiss Announce Final ‘End of the Road’ World Tour

Old 11-01-18, 02:03 PM

Re: Kiss Announce Final ‘End of the Road’ World Tour

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
I think Europe is next summer into fall.
Looks like May-July.
Old 11-01-18, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just did an inventory...since 1984 I believe I have seen them about 15-16 times. Memory is a bit foggy; so + or -1.

They probably will squeeze in some additional venues depending on how the tour is going.

I though they originally said it would be about 3 years?

Anyway Motley Crue came through here twice on their farewell tour so I am good either way.
Old 11-01-18, 10:20 PM

Old 11-13-18, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 11-13-18, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Old 11-13-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If Ace does participate, it would be cool if they did “Into the Night” and/or “Rock Soldiers.”
Old 11-13-18, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post

Eddie needs to scale it back a bit. He's talked about this and a few other things but he's obviously sore that Gene and Paul and maybe the rest of the band (Eric and Tommy) do not talk to him anymore after once having a somewhat cordial friendship with them. I know he's mentioned that Eric Carr was a friend and all that.

He's assuming too much on what they will and will not do during the final tour.
Old 11-14-18, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Any word on opening acts? Would be nice to get something other than some random LA group that's going precisely nowhere to open for the big finish.
Old 11-14-18, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Pretty sure the first time I saw them in 94 was a Farewell tour. So this is really the "Final, final, no really-we mean it, it's the end of the road" tour.
Old 11-14-18, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I’m not a huge fan of Kiss, but I do like their hits. Kind of thinking about going to a show near me with my mom as she grew up with them and I think we’d have fun.
Old 11-14-18, 11:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Pretty sure the first time I saw them in 94 was a Farewell tour. So this is really the "Final, final, no really-we mean it, it's the end of the road" tour.
That would be wrong. They had no make-up in '94 - that was probably the "Kiss My Ass" tour they did - various bands covered their tunes and they released the album.

'96 was the "Reunion" tour. They only ever had 1 farwwell tour and that was from Mar 11, 2000 – Apr 13, 2001.
Old 11-15-18, 09:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu? View Post
'96 was the "Reunion" tour. They only ever had 1 farwwell tour and that was from Mar 11, 2000 – Apr 13, 2001.
Which was the last time the original lineup played together. So it was a farewell tour, from a certain point of view.
Old 11-15-18, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who here is bringing their laser pointers with them?
Old 11-15-18, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jason View Post
Which was the last time the original lineup played together. So it was a farewell tour, from a certain point of view.

Old 11-19-18, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Known for their trademark larger-than-life blistering performances, KISS has proven for decades why they are hands down the most iconic live show in rock n roll.

The Rock & Roll Hall of Famers who have sold more than 100 million albums worldwide have said this "End of the Road" Tour is devoted to the millions of KISS Army fans.
Old 11-19-18, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Is Gene in a Witness Protection Program?
Old 11-19-18, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Paul Stanley speaks in "Sound Byte". Always sounds like he has a script memorized that was written by a publicist.
Old 11-21-18, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Eddie Truck is a fucking asshat POS and whines about Kiss anytime he can fuck him. He actually thinks he means something.
Old 11-21-18, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My buddy decided to go all-out on this tour, even though he's not a big fan of the current lineup, but they are his favorite band ever... so he dropped $13K for two VIP Meet-and-Greet tickets for him and his fiancee (who doesn't even care about KISS).

Meanwhile, I'm struggling to find the motivation to pay $200 to see them one last time.
Old 01-30-19, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Ace Frehley Slams Gene Simmons and Claims KISS Frontman Groped His Wife: 'You're a Sex Addict'

Response to some comments Gene made from Ace's FB page Tuesday

My Reaction to Gene’s Post Today

…Gene, your memory is really incorrect!…I was NEVER FIRED from KISS, I quit twice (not 3-times) of my own free will, because you and Paul are control freaks, untrustworthy and were too difficult to work with!

…Your slanderous remarks about my bad habits over the years has cost me millions of dollars and now that I’m over 12-years sober you're still saying I can’t be trusted to play a whole nights show! Well that’s exactly what I’ve been doing for the last 12-years with different configurations of “The Ace Frehley Band” to you and Paul’s dismay!

…I’m also the most successful solo artist to come out of the original KISS lineup , and proud of it!…You and Paul have tried to derail my solo career multiple times over the years unsuccessfully.

…I’ve tried to be nice and friendly by inviting you and Paul to perform on my past albums for eOne Music, give each of you guys one of my prized Gibson Les Paul 59’ models, but today’s comments have made me realize you’re just an asshole and a sex addict who’s being sued by multiple Women, and you’re just trying to sweep it all under the carpet!

…The icing on the cake was when you groped my wife and propositioned her in Los Angeles at the Capitol Records building behind my back, when I was trying to help you out at one of your “Vault Experiences” which I only found out about several weeks later…she was planning on pursuing a suit against you, but I told her to call it off!!!

…Well now the gloves are off after your terrible comments today and I’m thinking that this really may be “The End Of The Road Tour” for you guys!!!

….Without a complete and heartfelt apology, an offer to give me my old job back, and removing Tommy from the Throne that I created… THE SHIT WILL HIT THE FAN AND THEY’LL BE NO STOPPING IT-IT’S ON!!!
Old 01-30-19, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Dramarama. There was also drama with Vinnie Vincent a couple of days ago, as well. He canceled all his tour plans and I think I read something that said Paul did not want to have anything to do with him let alone invite him up to jam or some shit.
Old 02-01-19, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ace's girlfriend wrote that post. It pretty much matches earlier comments she made.

She realized she wasn't getting any of the End of the Road money and lost it. Up until recently she and Ace still hoped he'd get re-hired by the band for the tour.
Old 02-01-19, 02:48 PM
Premium Member

More dramara from Ace's wife...

Ace Frehley's Wife Says KISS Tried to Have Him Killed in the '70s

While recent developments in the Kiss versus Ace Frehley saga might have led you to believe the situation is deteriorating between the two parties, a new bombshell puts things into perspective.

While responding to a friend in a recent Facebook post , Frehley's longtime partner, Rachel Gordon, appeared to claimed that Frehley's fellow Kiss co-founders Paul Stanley and Gene Simmons tried to have the guitarist murdered in the '70s.

"Let me tell you," Gordon wrote. "They tried to have Ace killed in the 70's [ sic ]. Tried sending him to a so-called 'private party' in the Bahamas. Ace is VERY sober now and knows what's happening... He sees things clearly now. He doesn't need a chain of low-brow restaurants ; he plays the guitar. That's what he does."

The most surprising thing about Gordon's claim might be the apparent nonchalance with which she brings it up. This deserves some elaboration!

Even if it's true, Frehley doesn't seem particularly bothered by it. He of course reunited with Kiss for the band's first farewell tour in the early-'00s.

Over the past few years, the Spaceman has gone out of his way to reconnect with Simmons and Stanley, only to have the two of them continually drag him in the press .

Frehley still hopes to return to Kiss one day. He made as much clear in his recent social media tirade against Simmons and Stanley.

Gordon, whom Frehley refers to as his wife, was mentioned in Frehley's own searing Facebook post from Tuesday. Frehley wrote that Simmons "groped and propositioned" her during one of Simmons' Vault Experiences last year in Los Angeles.

Frehley said in the post that he convinced Gordon not to sue Simmons over the incident. The Kiss bassist has been hit with several sexual misconduct lawsuits in recent years.

https://wtue.iheart.com/content/2019...ed-in-the-70s/
Old 02-01-19, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love Ace, but his girlfriend seems kind of nutty. Why the hell would Paul and Gene try to "have Ace killed"?
Old 02-01-19, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cultshock View Post
I love Ace, but his girlfriend seems kind of nutty. Why the hell would Paul and Gene try to "have Ace killed"?
If Gene wanted anyone killed, it would have been Peter. And I'm sure the feeling was mutual.

All this squabbling is one thing I won't miss once they pull the plug once and for all.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.