Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

RIP: Steve Soto (1963-2018), bassist of The Adolescents)

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-18, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

They just played in NYC this past Saturday and I missed it.
Friends of mine were there and even took pictures with him.
He was a very nice guy and will be missed.

https://www.punknews.org/article/672...as-passed-away

Steve Soto of the Adolescents has passed away

Sadly, Steve Soto of Adolescents passed away peacefully in his sleep yesterday. Bandmate Dan Root stated, "I'm sorry to break such bad news in such an impersonal way, but the family of Steve Soto would like everyone to know that he passed away peacefully in his sleep today. I'm sure this is a terrible blow to all of you. He will be missed. We will be posting details on a memorial as plans are finalized." Frontier Records stated, "We are shocked & saddened to confirm that our wonderful friend Steve Soto passed away in his sleep. An immeasurable loss to music & humanity, the shock has yet to really sink in…"

The band had just completed an East Coast tour and was planning a European tour for early July. Soto had a long career in punk rock having also played with and contributed to recordings by Agent Orange, Manic Hispanic, 22 Jacks, Joyride, CJ Ramone, and many more. He was 54.
Old 06-28-18, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts
Re: RIP: Steve Soto (1963-2018), bassist of The Adolescents)

Yeah, I just heard about it this morning. I was friends with him via social media - he was very active until the end. I never did see them on their own - they opened up for Offspring 2-3 years ago at the Orange County Fair and they were great.

RIP
Old 06-28-18, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 948 Likes on 722 Posts
Re: RIP: Steve Soto (1963-2018), bassist of The Adolescents)

I never saw The Adolescents, but I've done Punk Rock Karaoke several times with him on bass. Bummer, but not a total surprise; last time I went he was having difficulty standing and was clearly worn out after just a few songs.