DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Phil Collins - Not Dead Yet - North American Tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/643956-phil-collins-not-dead-yet-north-american-tour.html)

dex14 05-07-18 09:38 AM

Phil Collins - Not Dead Yet - North American Tour

https://static.stereogum.com/uploads...61-640x800.jpg

Phil Collins is bringing his Not Dead Yet! tour back to North America. This October the pop icon — a personal favorite of Stereogum founder Scott Lapatine — will play 15 shows from coast to coast, dipping into Canada twice along the way. According to a press release, his band will include his 16-year-old son Nicolas on drums in addition to guitarist Daryl Stuermer, keyboardist Brad Cole, bassist Leland Sklar, percussionist Luis Conte, and a horn section and backup singers.

Collins retired from touring in 2002, but he has been gradually returning to the stage in recent years. He toured Europe and the UK last summer, although some shows were delayed due to Collins falling and hitting his head.

As for acquiring tickets: Citi cardholders get first dibs from this Friday, 5/11 at 10AM until this Sunday, 5/13 at 5PM. Starting this Friday at noon local time you can register to become a Verified Fan here, which will allow you access to the Verified Fan sale this Monday, 5/14 from 10AM to 11:50PM. General sales begin Tuesday, 5/15 at 10AM.

Find the dates below, and read our Phil Collins x Action Bronson interview here.

10/05 Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ BB&T Center
10/07 Washington, DC @ Capital One Arena
10/08 Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
10/09 Boston, MA @ TD Garden
10/11 Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
10/13 Newark, NJ @ Prudential Center
10/14 Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
10/16 Montreal, QC @ Centre Bell
10/18 Cleveland, OH @ Quicken loans Arena
10/19 Columbus, OH @ Nationwide Arena
10/21 Minneapolis, MN @ Target Center
10/22 Chicago, IL @ United Center
10/25 Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
10/27 Las Vegas, NV @ MGM Grand Garden Arena
10/28 Los Angeles, CA @ The Forum

Decker 05-07-18 09:50 AM

re: Phil Collins - Not Dead Yet - North American Tour

I'm in! :up:

dex14 05-07-18 10:04 AM

If you get a code.

hippie68 05-13-18 08:52 PM

Got my ticket! Opening show.

story 05-13-18 09:00 PM

I am tempted.

jpcamb 05-14-18 12:07 PM

how is his voice holding up these days?

Also I've got to say the title of the tour is sort of in poor taste and very well could come back to bite him at that age... :( I get its supposed to be ironic or funny but we have lost a lot of people I would call his peers lately and that ain't going to end anytime soon...

dex14 05-14-18 01:38 PM

I see he just sits in a chair for most of the show now.

Decker 05-14-18 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13326553)
I'm in! :up:

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13326565)
If you get a code.

I got a code. And I'm in.

I got upper bowl tickets. Couldn't see spending 300+ fees per ticket for this show ($178 + fees is plenty in my book). I genuinely wonder if there are enough rich, loyal Phil Collins fans who consider it worth $650 to take a date to see Phil in 2018. I guess I'll find out by looking down on the lower bowl and floor.

Decker 05-14-18 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by jpcamb (Post 13331332)
Also I've got to say the title of the tour is sort of in poor taste and very well could come back to bite him at that age... :( I get its supposed to be ironic or funny but we have lost a lot of people I would call his peers lately and that ain't going to end anytime soon...

I hate the tour title as well.

Back in the Eighties, my father (who always speaks with a proper British accent) said he really liked Phil Collins because "he's just a regular guy" (as opposed to Prince and Michael Jackson, I suppose). It's been a running joke in my house for over 20 years now and my daughter was very disappointed that Phil isn't calling this " The Regular Guy Tour".

hippie68 05-14-18 04:10 PM

I am super excited for this show. I just looked up his setlist from shows he has been doing overseas and if he keeps it the same we are in for quite a show. Great mix of his songs and Genesis. I got lower bowl tix for 188 including fees.

Decker 05-14-18 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13331448)

Yeah, I guess you're right. It's a shame.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fMDNLZuiMbs" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Doubt I'll be missing much sitting up high then. Glad I got to see him once in his prime (in that Carousel staging tour that they released a Live album for).

musick 05-14-18 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13331627)
Yeah, I guess you're right. It's a shame.

it's just a shame That's All

Decker 05-14-18 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 13331649)
it's just a shame That's All

:up:

dex14 05-14-18 05:50 PM

I got a ticket for the cheapest price. Not spending a lot on this.

cdollaz 05-14-18 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 13331627)
Glad I got to see him once in his prime (in that Carousel staging tour that they released a Live album for).

That was a great show/tour. I've got the dvd of it somewhere. I need to pull it out and watch it.

whotony 05-17-18 12:51 PM

How long ago was the Genesis reunion tour, ten years?

I didn’t get to see any of that, saw them in ‘85 but really hoped they record one more album from that reunion.

I’m out priced from these big name big arena concerts these days.
Not paying hundreds of dollars for my wife and I to go to one of these.

Oh well.

Sid Ceaser 05-24-18 12:13 PM

Picked up some balcony seats for his show in Boston. Been a fan of Phil since I was a teen in the 80's. Never got a chance to see him or Genesis live. This is my last chance I'm guessing.

I hate when idols get old. I recently re-watched his Going Back documentary, and the scenes of him gaff-taping the sticks to his hands started to tear me up.

tommyp007 05-24-18 02:24 PM

I saw him live in ‘94 on his Both Sides tour. He was great, and I’d like to go again, but he’s not coming near me. And that’s too pricey.

dex14 10-08-18 08:13 AM

Anyone go to the first few dates? I’m going tonight. Wondering what time he’s going on/playing until.

Sid Ceaser 10-08-18 10:58 AM

I'm seeing him tomorrow night in Boston. Excited!

Decker 10-08-18 11:28 AM

My dad is flying in from HI and I am taking him to the 10/27 show. He's always loved Phil.

Sonny Corinthos 10-08-18 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 13331448)

Does he have some health problems that prevents him from standing? If he was coming around here, I wouldn't care. I have always been such a huge Phil Collins fan.

kd5 10-08-18 12:05 PM

And to think I saw Genesis in concert (Lamb tour in '74) for about $10 a ticket.

dex14 10-08-18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 13421963)
Does he have some health problems that prevents him from standing? If he was coming around here, I wouldn't care. I have always been such a huge Phil Collins fan.

Yes.

On 8 June 2017, Collins announced he would postpone two scheduled tour stops, on the 8th and the 9th of June. According to his official Facebook page, "Phil suffers from ‘drop foot’ as a result of a back operation which makes it difficult to walk. He rose in the middle of the night to go to the toilet and slipped in his hotel room, hitting his head in the fall on a chair. He was taken to hospital where he had stitches for a severe gash on his head close to his eye."

In 2018, reports indicated that Collins walked with the assistance of a cane and had performed recent concerts while sitting in a chair.
It looks like he stood for a few songs on these latest dates, but not much.

Sonny Corinthos 10-08-18 04:29 PM

I hate to hear that about him. :(