Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

PRINCE: new unreleased music album coming

Old 03-21-19, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: PRINCE: new unreleased music album coming

I did not, but I will pick up the Rave set as I was never able to find the remix album at a reasonable price, so I just have a burned version of it.
Old 03-21-19, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I remember in 2000 when the Rave concert was on pay per view
Old 04-25-19, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Prince Estate to Release New ‘Originals’ LP Featuring Previously Unreleased Songs

The Prince estate is releasing a 15-track album comprising previously unreleased songs. Originals will first stream on Tidal from June 7th – 20th before receiving a physical release via Warner Bros. on June 21st.

The album comprises songs from Prince’s “Vault” recordings, which were selected by Troy Carter on behalf of the late singer’s estate alongside Jay-Z. The set hails from recordings the artist made from 1981 through 1991 that he primarily composed and wrote for others, many of which became hits, such as Sheila E.’s “The Glamorous Life” and the Bangles’ “Manic Monday.” There are also deeper cuts, such as Vanity 6’s “Make-Up” and Kenny Rogers’ “You’re My Love.” It closes with Prince’s original version of “Nothing Compares 2 U,” which was released in 2018 as a standalone single. It first appeared on the Family’s self-titled 1985 album and was also a hit for Sinead O’Connor in 1990.

On June 21st Originals will be available via all download and streaming services as well as on CD. A 180 gram 2-LP plus limited edition deluxe CD and 2-LP versions will be released on July 19th. The physical releases are available for pre-order.

Originals Track List
1. “Sex Shooter” – Recorded by Prince in 1983, appears on Apollonia’s Apollonia 6(1984)
2. “Jungle Love” – Recorded by Prince in 1983, appears on the Time’s Ice Cream Castle (1984)
3. “Manic Monday” – Recorded by Prince in 1984, appears on The Bangles’ Different Light (1985)
4. “Noon Rendezvous” – Recorded by Prince in 1984, appears on Sheila E.’s The Glamorous Life (1984)
5. “Make-Up” – Recorded by Prince in 1981, appears on Vanity 6’s Vanity 6 (1982)
6. “100 MPH” – Recorded by Prince in 1984, appears on Mazarati’s Mazarati (1986)
7. “You’re My Love” – Recorded by Prince in 1982, appears on Kenny Rogers’ They Don’t Make Them Like They Used To (1986)
8. “Holly Rock” – Recorded by Prince in 1985, appears on Sheila E.’s Krush Groove (OST) (1985)
9. “Baby, You’re a Trip” – Recorded by Prince in 1982, appears on Jill Jones’ Jill Jones (1987)
10. “The Glamorous Life” – Recorded by Prince in 1983, appears on Sheila E.’s The Glamorous Life(1984)
11. “Gigolos Get Lonely Too” – Recorded by Prince in 1982, appears on The Time’s What Time is It?(1982)
12. “Love… Thy Will Be Done” – Recorded by Prince in 1991, appears on Martika’s Martika’s Kitchen (1991)
13. “Dear Michaelangelo” – Recorded by Prince in 1985, appears on Sheila E.’s Romance 1600 (1985)
14. “Wouldn’t You Love to Love Me?” – Recorded by Prince in 1981, appears on Taja Sevelle’s Taja Sevelle (1987)
15. “Nothing Compares 2 U” – Recorded by Prince in 1984, appears on The Family’s The Family (1985)

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-songs-827084/
Old 04-25-19, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Who knew he wrote "Manic Monday"?!?!?
Old 04-26-19, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite View Post
I did. I think he was trying to get with Susanna Hoffs. Which I wouldn't blame him for, she's still super hot, even to this day.

I sure as hell hope whatever vault version they have is better than this.
Old 04-26-19, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Could have included "Sugar Walls" (for Sheena Easton) as well. But maybe he never recorded that one on his own.
Old 04-26-19, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is fine and commercially, probably a wise choice, but you do have to wonder if the vault is as legendary as it was always claimed. So far since his passing we've had the Purple Rain bonus material released that he had been sitting on for years, a collection of raw demos that had apparently already been heavily bootlegged, a single track, "Moonbeam Levels," on a greatest hits compilation, and now this. Prince loved creating a myth and mystery about himself, so doubtful he would have ever shot down the rumors of a massive vault teeming with classics even himself if they weren't exactly accurate.
Old 04-26-19, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I thought everyone knew that. Were you not around in the '80s? I think even when the Bangles' song came out, it was widely known that Prince wrote it.
Old 04-26-19, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by windom View Post
I thought everyone knew that. Were you not around in the '80s? I think even when the Bangles' song came out, it was widely known that Prince wrote it.
I didn't learn that until many years later, but once I knew it, every time I listen to the song I can hear the Prince styles in it.
Old 04-26-19, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 05-02-19, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Artwork for the new album

Old 05-02-19, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't either but I was too busy listening to heavy metal in the 80's to care.
Old 05-04-19, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JeremyM View Post
This is fine and commercially, probably a wise choice, but you do have to wonder if the vault is as legendary as it was always claimed. So far since his passing we've had the Purple Rain bonus material released that he had been sitting on for years, a collection of raw demos that had apparently already been heavily bootlegged, a single track, "Moonbeam Levels," on a greatest hits compilation, and now this. Prince loved creating a myth and mystery about himself, so doubtful he would have ever shot down the rumors of a massive vault teeming with classics even himself if they weren't exactly accurate.
I think the vault is like an otter's underwear. Big things were said to be in there, but when it comes down to it, there's very little inside.

Old 06-16-19, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Spoiler:
Old 08-01-19, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Prince estate is reissuing three mid-Nineties Prince albums — The VERSACE Experience (PRELUDE 2 GOLD), Chaos and Disorder and Emancipation — on September 13th via Sony’s Legacy Recordings.

The three titles will be available individually and in bundled CD+LP formats via the late artist’s website.Chaos and Disorder and three-hour triple-album Emancipation, his out-of-print 18th and 19th records from 1996, will be available on CD for the first time in two decades.

Both will also make their vinyl debut, with Chaos and Disorder pressed on a single disc and Emancipation as a 6-LP package. All three of the reissued albums will also be issued on limited-edition purple vinyl.
https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...PcQPUZQJvE2kkg