DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Avicii dead at age 28 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/643767-avicii-dead-age-28-a.html)

E Unit 04-20-18 01:37 PM

Avicii dead at age 28

I know he's techno of some kind, but never heard anything from him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...tanntp&ffid=gz

Noonan 04-20-18 01:40 PM

Re: Avicii dead at age 28

No details were given....so, the guy OD'd. Sad to see someone with talent go so young.

kenbuzz 04-20-18 01:42 PM

AVICII is A 6 102 in roman numerals.

That's all I've got.

RichC2 04-20-18 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13314670)
I know he's techno of some kind, but never heard anything from him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news...tanntp&ffid=gz

He had a couple songs that you've probably heard around town but wouldn't necessarily be able to place.

Goddamn, 1.4 billion views is a lot.

E Unit 04-20-18 01:47 PM

First song I think was on a commercial? Never heard of the second one. I apparently am not part of that 1.4 billion.

RichC2 04-20-18 01:50 PM

Commercial is probably accurate. I liked a few of his songs. 28 is absurdly young.

beavis69 04-20-18 01:50 PM

Apparently he quite touring in 16 due to health issues.

Wouldn't say I was a fan but did like that "Wake me Up" song.

islandclaws 04-20-18 01:51 PM

My friend took me to see him play at Encore XS Nightclub in Vegas a few years back. Horrible crowd, horrible show. It was an inside joke of our for years so, naturally, we "mourned" today.

Still, sucks to see anyone go at 28.

Mabuse 04-20-18 03:20 PM

His song were inescapable when he was hot. And I really liked them. I think he was Swedish. Sad to die that young.

Geofferson 04-20-18 03:25 PM

Damn, way too young. I wonder what happened.

Josh-da-man 04-20-18 03:51 PM

When a musician dies in their twenties, "misadventure," is a good bet, though it's still possible he had some kind of medical issue.

E Unit 04-20-18 04:28 PM

That’s how Bon Scott died, “death by misadventure”.

And probably the high amount of drugs as well.

Why So Blu? 04-20-18 05:37 PM

Reading up on him -- dude used to get plastered beyond hardcore. He had pancreatitis that eventually led to having his gall bladder and appendix removed. It was hard living it seems. And he was only 28!

VHS? 04-20-18 05:39 PM

Yeah, dude had a serious drinking problem and it's been knows about for a while now.
Really sad at such a young age and the success he had. Being on top has it's evils and a lot of the younger stars cant control it.

Hazel Motes 04-20-18 05:44 PM

"I took a pill in Ibiza, to show Avicii I was cool"

That name drop is all I know about him. Dying at 28 is rough.

Why So Blu? 04-20-18 05:57 PM

And if he was supplementing the alcohol abuse with drugs and pills? Fuhgetaboutit.

Sonic 04-20-18 07:14 PM

A few of his songs I greatly recognized because I have them in various mixes I own. I just didn't know it was him because I'm not great with artist names attached to certain songs.

Damn he died young. :(

:rip:

milo bloom 04-20-18 08:31 PM

I had heard a few singles here and there and really enjoyed them and then I recently borrowed the album True from the library a few weeks ago, and I kid you not I played it maybe 8-10 times in a row in my car. Back and forth to work and home, I just let it keep going over and over.

Damn shame to lose anybody, but he was still so young and could have done so much more.

Groucho 04-20-18 09:32 PM

I thought Wake Me Up was a Mumford and Sons song. Oops!

E Unit 04-20-18 09:36 PM

I just realized Aloe Blac sings it, but I guessed he used the Avicii version? Hell if I know.

RichC2 04-20-18 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13314966)
I just realized Aloe Blac sings it, but I guessed he used the Avicii version? Hell if I know.

Blacc came up with the vocals and lyrics, Avicii and the guy from Incubus did the chord progressions and music. That version gets credited as Avicii.

Blacc does an acoustic version of it as well. That version gets credited as Aloe Blacc.

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 13314959)
I thought Wake Me Up was a Mumford and Sons song. Oops!

The critic piece of wikipedia states "It's like Mumford and Sons on speed." heh

Josh-da-man 04-20-18 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13314787)
That’s how Bon Scott died, “death by misadventure”.

And probably the high amount of drugs as well.

Brian Jones, too.

It's what comes to mind when a musician ODs, chokes on his own vomit, dies in a drunk driving accident, or dies as a result of their reckless lifestyle.

Deadman31 04-21-18 08:42 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pIgZ7gMze7A" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rypro 525 04-21-18 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13314966)

I know Aloe Blacc did a more band oriented version for his solo album

BDB 04-26-18 11:49 AM

This implies suicide from the family statement - so sad.

Avicii's family has released a second statement about their late son this week, saying the famed DJ "could not go on any longer" and that "he wanted to find peace."

The Grammy-nominated electronic dance musician, born Tim Bergling, was found dead last week in Muscat, Oman at age 28. Details about his death were not revealed.

"Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul searching for answers to existential questions. An over-achieving perfectionist who travelled and worked hard at a pace that led to extreme stress," read the statement, released Thursday. "When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to be happy and be able to do what he loved most — music."

"Tim was not made for the business machine he found himself in; he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans but shunned the spotlight," the statement read. "Tim, you will forever be loved and sadly missed. The person you were and your music will keep your memory alive."