Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Lindsey Buckingham no longer in Fleetwood Mac

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Lindsey Buckingham no longer in Fleetwood Mac

Old 02-11-20, 08:32 PM

Received 4,689 Likes on 3,177 Posts
Re: Lindsey Buckingham no longer in Fleetwood Mac

Lindsey Buckingham Announces First Solo Tour Since Suffering Heart Attack

Ex-Fleetwood Mac member will return to the stage after undergoing open heart surgery

Lindsey Buckingham 2020 Tour Dates:
04/25 – Las Vegas, NV @ Smith Center
04/28 – Boulder CO @ Boulder Theater
04/30 – Kansas City, MO @ Uptown Theater
05/01 – St Louis, MO @ The Pageant
05/03 – Memphis, TN @ Beale Street Music Festival
05/05 – Atlanta, GA @ The Woodruff Arts Center
05/06 – Knoxville, TN @ Bijou Theatre
05/07 – Huntsville, AL @ Von Braun Center Arena
05/09 – Wichita, KS @ Orpheum Theatre
05/10 – Oklahoma City, OK @ The Criterion
05/12 – Tucson, AZ @ Fox Tucson Theatre
05/13 – Cajon, CA @ Magnolia Performing Arts Center
Old 02-11-20, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

The fuck? Where are the major cities on the east coast!? Specifically New York City, Philadelphia or Washington D.C.? I'm in D.C. and could have easily gone to any.
Old 02-11-20, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 799 Likes on 567 Posts

I hope he has an album in gestation.
Old 02-12-20, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/Moderator

Location: Formerly known as L. Ron zyzzle - On a cloud of Judgement
Received 1,906 Likes on 1,272 Posts

Not playing close to me, I'm just glad he's up and running again!
Old 02-12-20, 04:19 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 402 Likes on 269 Posts

Mick Fleetwood recently did an interview where he said that he'd love to do a Fleetwood Mac Farewell tour, but that there is no chance Lindsey Buckingham would be a part of it. Which, as far as I'm concerned, makes the last tour they did with him, their farewell tour.
Old 02-12-20, 05:45 AM

Received 4,689 Likes on 3,177 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Mick Fleetwood recently did an interview where he said that he'd love to do a Fleetwood Mac Farewell tour, but that there is no chance Lindsey Buckingham would be a part of it. Which, as far as I'm concerned, makes the last tour they did with him, their farewell tour.
Agreed.
Old 02-14-20, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 293 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazel Motes
Originally Posted by dex14
Agreed.
Agree as well. It's really sad that everyone can't put aside their differences for one last tour. I didn't see the last one with Neil Finn (as much as I love him) and Mike Campbell (great with Tom Petty). But I'm sorry, that is not Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-14-20, 05:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,496 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytripper
The fuck? Where are the major cities on the east coast!? Specifically New York City, Philadelphia or Washington D.C.? I'm in D.C. and could have easily gone to any.
You'll notice he also skips Phoenix for Tuscon, Denver for Boulder, Los Angeles for Cajon, and all of Texas. It looks like he wanted to go to smaller cities.
Old 02-14-20, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 963 Likes on 734 Posts

That's EL Cajon, thank you.

And yeah, it's not a great place. But I might go to the show anyway!
Old 02-14-20, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
That's EL Cajon, thank you.
"It's Spanish for The Cajon." - Dawn Patrol (or, more recently DSC show), KGB radio

It's the first city I lived in when I moved to San Diego back in the late 80s.
Old 02-14-20, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 963 Likes on 734 Posts

Originally Posted by TomOpus
"It's Spanish for The Cajon." - Dawn Patrol (or, more recently DSC show), KGB radio
Did they steal that joke from Michael Kelso on That 70's Show, when he wanted to buy an El Camino? DSC have never been terribly original in their material...
Old 02-14-20, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,310 Likes on 954 Posts

Originally Posted by Paff
Did they steal that joke from Michael Kelso on That 70's Show, when he wanted to buy an El Camino? DSC have never been terribly original in their material...
I don't know, never watched the show.
Old 07-30-21, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New eponymous Buckingham album coming on 9/17. I'm looking forward to it!

1. Scream
2. I Don't Mind
3. On The Wrong Side
4. Swan Song
5. Blind Love
6. Time
7. Blue Light
8. Power Down
9. Santa Rosa
10. Dancing
The following users liked this post:
Kurt D (07-30-21)
Old 10-27-21, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Did anyone end up buying this album? I finally got around to listening to it today. It continues in his tradition of solid albums going back to 1992's Out of the Cradle, which I think remains his best. (The only album of his I don't care for is his first solo venture, the unmelodic Law and Order.) This latest self-titled outing is probably his most consistent work, and I give it 4.5/5, but it lacks a really rousing standout track or two. The only song that I thought was close to not belonging because it wasn't good enough was "Swan Song", and the only one I found a shade better than the "fine" level of the others was "Blue Light". "Time" and "On the Wrong Side" just missed the cut in that regard.

As far as I'm concerned, Fleetwood Mac can rot. Several of Buckingham's songs are better than anything ever produced by the band.
Old 10-27-21, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Did anyone end up buying this album? I finally got around to listening to it today. It continues in his tradition of solid albums going back to 1992's Out of the Cradle, which I think remains his best. (The only album of his I don't care for is his first solo venture, the unmelodic Law and Order.) This latest self-titled outing is probably his most consistent work, and I give it 4.5/5, but it lacks a really rousing standout track or two. The only song that I thought was close to not belonging because it wasn't good enough was "Swan Song", and the only one I found a shade better than the "fine" level of the others was "Blue Light". "Time" and "On the Wrong Side" just missed the cut in that regard.

As far as I'm concerned, Fleetwood Mac can rot. Several of Buckingham's songs are better than anything ever produced by the band.
I've yet to buy this one. I went on a weird stretch over the last few weeks where I listened to nothing but Out of the Cradle while driving, which was a lot.
Norm de Plume (10-27-21)
Old 10-27-21, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Def worth buying, Kurtie, but not as good as that great album, imo, though some deem it even better. O.o.t.C., at 16 tracks, has several filler tracks, but then there's "Don't Look Down", "You Do or You Don't", "Turn It On", and "Countdown", which are all superior to anything on the current album.
Old 10-27-21, 07:59 PM

^Def worth buying, Kurtie, but not as good as that great album, imo, though some deem it even better. O.o.t.C., at 16 tracks, has several filler tracks, but then there's "Don't Look Down", "You Do or You Don't", "Turn It On", and "Countdown", which are all superior to anything on the current album.
the last Buckingham I got was the McVie collab, which I liked plenty but felt was mildly underwhelming. The thing about listening to Out of the Cradle exclusively for so long was that it brought me back to the times when I would listen to LPs and gradually come to like or respect most songs on an album because getting up to skip a track was too much trouble!

That said, I no longer feel there are any filler tracks on Out of the Cradle, they are all great, but just seem to come from 2 or 3 different albums: a great rock album, a wonderful classical guitar vanity album, and a work of genius pop album. I even love This is the Time and Wrong. Wrong is actually really deep, and funny, and it's great to feel Buckingham's anger during the solos on those rockers.
Norm de Plume (10-28-21)
Old 10-28-21, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Perhaps I should give it a fresh front-to-back listen. Actually, the two songs you cited are among those that, according to my personal music-rating log, I could have lived without, along with the three forgettable instrumentals and "Say We'll Meet Again".

I thought Buckingham/McVie was pretty good, but not up to the level of his solos. Same holds true for his 1973 collaboration with Nicks, which brought them to the attention of F.M. Let's face it, he's simply better off on his own, with his songwriting left undiluted by the input of lessers. At least, that's my stance. I have treasured all of his albums since Cradle, and, owing to a severe shortage of space on my CD racks, he's one of the only musicians remaining whose albums I buy outright, along with Bob Seger and Willie Nile. All of them are geezers.
Old 10-28-21, 08:27 PM

Perhaps I should give it a fresh front-to-back listen. Actually, the two songs you cited are among those that, according to my personal music-rating log, I could have lived without, along with the three forgettable instrumentals and "Say We'll Meet Again".

I thought Buckingham/McVie was pretty good, but not up to the level of his solos. Same holds true for his 1973 collaboration with Nicks, which brought them to the attention of F.M. Let's face it, he's simply better off on his own, with his songwriting left undiluted by the input of lessers. At least, that's my stance. I have treasured all of his albums since Cradle, and, owing to a severe shortage of space on my CD racks, he's one of the only musicians remaining whose albums I buy outright, along with Bob Seger and Willie Nile. All of them are geezers.
Geezers have honed their craft!

I love Say We'll Meet Again and definitely used to Not Like the songs I mentioned. They still don't exactly fit, but dozens of listens have made me appreciate their construction etc.
Norm de Plume (10-29-21)
Old 10-29-21, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot that Tom Cochrane is another musician whose albums I buy unquestioned, but his releases are few and far between nowadays.
Kurt D (10-29-21)