Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Killing Joke announce “Laugh At Your Peril” 40th Anniversary Tour including US Dates

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Killing Joke announce “Laugh At Your Peril” 40th Anniversary Tour including US Dates

Old 03-29-18, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I plan to attend the NYC show

http://www.post-punk.com/killing-jok...ding-us-dates/
Old 03-29-18, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Killing Joke announce “Laugh At Your Peril” 40th Anniversary Tour including US Da

Nice! A band I somehow have never managed to see despite being a long-time fan. I finally hope to rectify that this September!
Old 04-02-18, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Killing Joke announce “Laugh At Your Peril” 40th Anniversary Tour including US Da

Love Killing Joke. Seen them a bunch of times. I'll be there in September.

Crap. Just saw the date. Looks like they're playing Riot Fest. I refuse to overpay for 600 bands I have no interest in to see Killing Joke play a 30 minute set. Fuck that.

Last edited by Phodg; 04-02-18 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-02-18, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well crap, no shows near me.
Old 04-02-18, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Killing Joke are an odd band for me, in that I absolutely love about 1/3rd of their catalog, I'm okay with another third, and I really dislike the other third. I love the sound of the band from about '82 to '87, their "lighter" period, where Geordie had more of a clean, new wave guitar sound, and Jaz actually sang instead of growling. I'm not a big fan of industrial or metal, so when their sound veers towards that, it's not really my thing--although sometimes their songwriting is so good I'm still on board, like with the awesome 2004 album.

I've seen them twice, once was awesome, but the second one not so much just because I didn't like the set list. If you like all their music, they are indeed a great live band.

This is the Killing Joke sound I love (from 2010):

Old 04-05-18, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I like everything they did from their debut album up to 1990's Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions. Then with Pandemonium they veered off into more of a metal sound that I wasn't too crazy about. I also like the 3 albums they've made after reuniting with the original line up starting with 2010's Absolute Dissent.
Old 04-06-18, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by inri222 View Post
I like everything they did from their debut album up to 1990's Extremities, Dirt & Various Repressed Emotions. Then with Pandemonium they veered off into more of a metal sound that I wasn't too crazy about. I also like the 3 albums they've made after reuniting with the original line up starting with 2010's Absolute Dissent.
Yeah, I did not care for the sound of Pandemonium either. I did like a lot of Democracy, though, like this one:

The one earlier album I couldn't get into was Revelations. It was just too harsh and non-melodic to my ears. But the next one, Fire Dances, is one of my favorites. I give them credit for trying something new on almost every album, even though I don't like them all.

I haven't kept up with the last couple--I'll have to check them out.