Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

80s Classic Metal Shop radio show on tape

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 03-17-18, 02:56 PM
rld

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found 2 cassette tapes that were carefully stored away since the 80s. They still look as if I recorded them yesterday.

About 90 minutes total on the 2 tapes. "Classic Metal Shop", aired on KGB-FM San Diego in June of 1986. I haven't listened to them, but if I recall correctly this was a very special presentation of "Metal Shop" that focused on "Classic" metal, the roots, like Black Sabbath and such.

All I'd like to know is if anyone would be interested in a copy of this show. I don't yet know how I would copy them, but I think it would be either one continuous MP3 file - or 3 files according to the number of tape sides that are used for this show. I can be reached either through here or by email at [email protected].

I don't know if I'm interested enough to convert the tapes unless somebody wants a copy. I might want to get compensated a reasonable amount for my time in doing so, not much, but my time is valuable.

If nobody is interested then I'll just let it lie and put them away for another third of a century.....
Old 03-18-18, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 477 Likes on 350 Posts
Re: 80s Classic Metal Shop radio show on tape

1986, huh. So Pat Martin may have been the host at that time. Keith Larsen was the co-host for a couple years, too. If it wasn't Pat, it would have been Bryan Schock.

That was a GREAT show. Ron Garrett was the original host in 1983-84, and then Pat Martin took over, with Bryan Schock following him sometime in 1986 or 1987 (I can't remember the year for sure).

This show pre-dated the nationally syndicated show by at least 6 months.

I taped the show every week, but I foolishly used cheap tapes, so most of them are pretty bad. But I listened religiously every week.