Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ray Thomas Moody Blues Flautist R.I.P.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-18, 02:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/ray-thoma...060505175.html

Ray Thomas, a founding member of British rock group The Moody Blues, has died at 76, months before the band is due to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

His music label, Esoteric Recordings/Cherry Red Records, said Thomas died suddenly Thursday at his home in Surrey, south of London.

"We are deeply shocked by his passing and will miss his warmth, humor and kindness," the label said Sunday. "It was a privilege to have known and worked with him and our thoughts are with his family and his wife Lee at this sad time."

No cause of death was given, but Thomas disclosed in 2014 that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.
I'm surprised that nobody had started a thread on this musician's passing. Then again, I'm older than most of the members of this forum so many probably have little to no knowledge of him.

The Moody Blues were quite a popular bad in the 60s through the 70s and still tour and fill concert halls. (Although Thomas retired from the group in 2002.)

https://www.hollywoodbowl.com/ticket...ues/2017-06-17

I had almost all of their albums and bought the 5.1 SACDs when they were issued. As a young kid growing up, I used to love their music and album jackets.
Old 01-08-18, 04:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 182 Likes on 155 Posts
Re: Ray Thomas Moody Blues Flautist R.I.P.

That's ashame. RIP

Plus shortly the Moody Blues will be going into the RnR HOF.
Old 01-08-18, 07:24 AM
kd5
DVD Talk Legend

Received 373 Likes on 253 Posts

I grew up listening to the Moody Blues, loved their music, while everybody has to go sometime, Ray will be sorely missed.
Old 01-08-18, 11:25 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Franchot
The Moody Blues were quite a popular bad in the 60s through the 70s and still tour and fill concert halls. (Although Thomas retired from the group in 2002.)
They maintained their popularity through the 80's with #1 and #9 albums that went platinum (and two others that charted well & were gold records in Canada). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mo...es_discography

One of my favorite compositions by Thomas was "For My Lady" featuring his calm voice and amazing flute.

Here's the final track from his second solo album. Very fitting sendoff.

Last edited by creekdipper; 01-08-18 at 11:37 AM.