DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   INXS - Kick (30th Deluxe Edition, 3CD's/1 Blu-Ray) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/641999-inxs-kick-30th-deluxe-edition-3cds-1-blu-ray.html)

Kedrix 11-02-17 03:17 PM

INXS - Kick (30th Deluxe Edition, 3CD's/1 Blu-Ray)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0767R8M69/

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....XL._SY355_.jpg

Looks pretty nice, Original Remastered CD, 2 discs of B-Mixes & Rare Stuff and then a Blu-Ray of the original CD in ATMOS sound & "all" the music videos. Also get a very nice booklet from the looks of it. And it's not $100 like a lot of these Deluxe Sets. $40 seems reasonable honestly. Drops Thanksgiving time.

Alan Smithee 11-02-17 03:18 PM

Re: INXS - Kick (30th Deluxe Edition, 3CD's/1 Blu-Ray)

Not my favorite album from them, but Atmos is tempting given how few music releases have used that so far.

DVD Josh 11-02-17 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee (Post 13196925)
Not my favorite album from them, but Atmos is tempting given how few music releases have used that so far.

There's really no question it's their best album.

What's strange is there already is a super deluxe edition of this album. I wonder what more this is going to bring to the table.

cdollaz 11-02-17 03:48 PM

If it had a full-length concert from that tour I might be interested, but a bunch of demos and remixes do not do it for me.

Kedrix 11-02-17 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 13196958)
If it had a full-length concert from that tour I might be interested, but a bunch of demos and remixes do not do it for me.

Full Length concert, that would be nice. My old cd is probably pretty beat up by now(I have it ripped of course for the car and other devices but still)...so I could easily gravitate towards this, especially for the blu-ray.

Once I saw this, I started thinking, has there been anything else INXS-y I've missed and I came across this:

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/INXS-N...Blu-ray/96342/

It goes for about $20 on Ebay (and you have to wait for Australian shipping)...but has anybody seen it?

Daytripper 11-03-17 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13196956)
There's really no question it's their best album.

No question? It might be their biggest album. But calling it their best is a matter of taste. While I like it a great deal, it's not my favorite. That honor goes to "The Swing" with a close second to "Listen Like Thieves".

DVD Josh 11-04-17 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 13198156)
No question? It might be their biggest album. But calling it their best is a matter of taste. While I like it a great deal, it's not my favorite. That honor goes to "The Swing" with a close second to "Listen Like Thieves".

You are talking about different things. Best and favorite are dichotomous.

It doesn't have to be your favorite to be their best.

hdnmickey 11-04-17 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 13198156)

I would definitely put Listen Like Thieves ahead of Kick despite Kick having sold more copies, and getting more airplay. Both are awesome albums, as is The Swing. That's a pretty great 3 album run.

Daytripper 11-04-17 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Josh (Post 13198380)
You are talking about different things. Best and favorite are dichotomous.

It doesn't have to be your favorite to be their best.

Let me rephrase. I think "The Swing" and "Listen Like Thieves" are their best albums.

Kedrix 11-06-17 08:05 AM

I'd probably go Swing, Kick and X to be frankly honest. As in "favorites" since we seem to be distinguishing, lol.

cdollaz 11-06-17 08:24 AM

Kick is easily my favorite of their albums, but determining the "best" is subjective and cannot really be done.

Supermallet 11-06-17 10:49 AM

Kick is their most consistent album, and their most popular, and it has their all time best song in “Mystify”.

bluetoast 11-06-17 11:44 AM

Mediate still remains one of the most hilarious/entertaining videos ever. Some of those guys just cannot keep up with the cards, but then two of them do it perfectly.

milo bloom 11-06-17 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Supermallet (Post 13199604)
Kick is their most consistent album, and their most popular, and it has their all time best song in “Mystify”.

Y'all keep reminding me of these great songs that were the soundtrack of my youth and I just may have to spring for this.

VHS? 11-06-17 01:45 PM

One of the first cassette tapes I got for 1˘ from Columbia House :)

Kedrix 11-06-17 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast (Post 13199649)
Mediate still remains one of the most hilarious/entertaining videos ever. Some of those guys just cannot keep up with the cards, but then two of them do it perfectly.

Every once in a while on Sirius (never hear it on regular radio) we get the two songs, Need You Tonight and Mediate back to back. I cheer every time, loudly. My younger wife (she was a grand total of 1 when this album came out) sighs and wonders why she has to listen to 2 1/2 minutes of them talking.

Originally Posted by Supermallet (Post 13199604)

Best song, I'm a sucker for Suicide Blonde off X. Don't get me wrong, I love Mystify, but just something about SB that gets me going every time.

Supermallet 11-06-17 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kedrix (Post 13199841)
Best song, I'm a sucker for Suicide Blonde off X. Don't get me wrong, I love Mystify, but just something about SB that gets me going every time.

That’s a good one but from X I prefer “The Stairs”.

jpcamb 11-06-17 05:32 PM

Listen Like Thieves is arguably better than Kick although Kick was as previously indicated more commercially successful. I'll take "Falling down the mountain" or "what you need" over most of Kick....

I had a number of the b-side tracks off the special edition of Kick on cassette single. LOL

parrotheads4 11-06-17 06:18 PM

No love for Shabooh Shoobah?
Lol. I liked them all.

hdnmickey 11-06-17 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by parrotheads4 (Post 13200073)
No love for Shabooh Shoobah?
Lol. I liked them all.

I don't think it's as good as the others, but I still enjoy "Don't Change" and think it's one of the their better songs. For me it doesn't gat any better than "Original Sin" or "Listen Like Thieves" and "Suicide Blonde". one of which are off Kick. Maybe it's just because everything off Kick got far too overplayed between the radio and MTV. That said, my favorite off Kick will always be "Devil Inside".

dolphinboy 11-08-17 04:49 AM

I wish the deluxe R.E.M. set was priced this reasonably.

Kedrix 11-13-17 12:16 PM

I found a much cheaper option ($29.44) for those who are interested:

http://www.importcds.com/kick/603497862948

Plus, take off 10% with TAKE10 (expires 11/20)

Finally, if you need a refresher of some of their other catalog items they are pretty competitive on those too. I've ordered from them before, they are basically a sister site of www.deepdiscount.com. Good stuff.

Kedrix 11-20-17 09:04 AM

Just a quick bump, I did order it today from ImportCds, probably get it sometime next week or the following perhaps with slow shipping n all. I will let you folks know how it sounds (mostly in relation to the blu-ray) so to speak. BTW, for those on the fence...the 10% coupon does expire today from ImportCds (which mostly covers shipping). *fingers crossed*

statcat 11-21-17 03:52 PM

Shabooh Shoobah is their best album to me. Kick is their most popular album no doubt but the best? No way, not to me. That version they did of "The Loved One" sucks compared to the earlier one they recorded. No idea why they wanted to retread. I'd say Welcome to Wherever You Are is even a better album than Kick.

I heard this remaster of Kick is horribly loud btw, so I'm passing.

GuessWho 11-24-17 07:54 AM

Now on Spotify

https://open.spotify.com/album/76WqCsxS7fRE2xx1h9bUzN