Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Michael Jackson - Scream 9/29/17.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-17, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

On September 29, Epic/Legacy Recordings will release Michael Jackson SCREAM, a collection of 13 of his all-time most electrifying and danceable tracks including Ghosts, Torture, Thriller, and Dirty Diana.

Additionally, SCREAM includes a newly created bonus track, “Blood on the Dance Floor X Dangerous” (available now), a high-energy five-song mashup from the acclaimed remixer The White Panda who created a seamless new musical experience.

Fans are able to access the “Blood on The Dance Floor X Dangerous” mash-up of “Blood on the Dance Floor”, “Dangerous,” “This Place Hotel,” “Leave Me Alone,” and “Is It Scary”.

The mash-up by The White Panda premiered exclusively on Shazam where for the two hours between 7am-9am ET fans were able to Shazam any Michael Jackson song and unlock the newly imagined track.

The track is also be offered as an instant grat track when you pre-order SCREAM digitally and will be available on all streaming platforms.

The choice of tracks for SCREAM reflects The King of Pop’s affection for this time of the year and its themes of costumes and disguise, darkness and light, character transformations and surprise.

The album will be available in two physical formats, CD and glow-in-dark vinyl (available October 27) each containing a poster unique to the format. Fittingly, the poster and cover art conceal the first ever AR (augmented reality) experience created for a Michael Jackson project.

Each track on SCREAM is remarkable in its own way. For example, “Dirty Diana,” was the fifth consecutive No. 1 song from the album Bad which shattered records for consecutive chart topping singles off a single album; “Thriller”, penned by Rod Temperton, was the seventh of an unprecedented seven Top 10 singles from Thriller, the biggest-selling album of all time; and the Top 5 hit “Scream” is the only duet between Michael Jackson and his sister Janet.

Also included are fan favorites from The Jacksons’ albums – “Torture” and “This Place Hotel” (the first single to be written, composed, and arranged solely by Michael); and, making its first appearance on a Michael Jackson album, “Somebody’s Watching Me,” the international 1985 hit by Rockwell featuring an iconic hook sung by Michael.

OFFICIAL SCREAM TRACKLISTING:

1. This Place Hotel
2. Thriller
3. Blood On The Dance Floor
4. Somebody’s Watching Me
5. Dirty Diana
6. Torture
7. Leave Me Alone
8. Scream
9. Dangerous
10. Unbreakable
11. Xscape
12. Threatened
13. Ghosts

Bonus Track: Blood On The Dance Floor X Dangerous (The White Panda Mash-Up)

http://clizbeats.com/epic-records-pr...on-album-1366/
Old 09-30-17, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Re: Michael Jackson - Scream 9/29/17.

Did anyone pick this up yesterday?
Old 09-30-17, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not even a tiny bit of interest in this. Who is the target audience for this? People that must have everything with his name on it?
Old 09-30-17, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

Yeah, this is a depressing release. I know the Estate signed a 10-album contract with Sony and it feels like this is a sign that they've given up on anything of interest and are just trying to finish the deal now. Bad 25 was great (bonus tracks, demos, a full concert on CD and DVD), but now we've had a really mediocre Off the Wall re-release and this. My guess is Xscape didn't sell as well as they expected and they've thrown in the towel.

I didn't buy Scream, but I'm a big Michael fan and I've gone a little nuts in the past--if I did buy it, that would make it the 8th time I've purchased the song "Thriller" on disc. (Original album, re-release, Thriller 25, History, Number 1s, The Essential Michael Jackson, and his box set.) Obviously I didn't buy those for that song, but that shows how much product they've churned out. Anyway, this project really has nothing to offer even the die-hards.
Old 09-30-17, 09:10 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts

I love MJ. Like love his music and performances, but that dance album was an abomination. It is in fact the only album of anyone's that I just gave away. I heard it once and it was just awful. Don't miss it for a second. But, this does have a couple good tracks, especially Dirty Diana. Will not come close to me buying this. He's dead to me (and most of the world), but his stuff will live on in glorious memory...
Old 10-03-17, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

This is laziness and Sony knows hardcore fans will buy it regardless of it's crappiness.
This is supposed to be a Halloween themed release, is it not? Not much of this sounds 'Halloween'
Old 10-04-17, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's the point of releasing the same songs over and over again. This release is essentially a ready made Halloween themed playlist. Anyone who wanted to hear these songs can easily go to YouTube or they probably already own them.
Old 10-04-17, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
This is laziness and Sony knows hardcore fans will buy it regardless of it's crappiness.
This is supposed to be a Halloween themed release, is it not? Not much of this sounds 'Halloween'
Given the album cover, it's definitely supposed to be a Halloween theme. Probably as much as it could be within the catalog of available songs.
Old 10-08-17, 01:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

'Scream" might be the most generic album title there is & the worst.
Old 10-08-17, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Already own all these songs. So many companies just keep releasing the same music.
Old 10-21-17, 11:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Such a pointless release. The vinyl edition looks cool, though.

Sony really has some guts with this release. They snubbed us by not giving us a proper Dangerous 25 release (rather, a laughable "online celebration"), and now this?
Old 10-22-17, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 398 Likes on 266 Posts

man, fuck "best of" records.
Old 10-22-17, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by rjh_54
Such a pointless release. The vinyl edition looks cool, though.

Sony really has some guts with this release. They snubbed us by not giving us a proper Dangerous 25 release (rather, a laughable "online celebration"), and now this?
Not the first time Dangerous has been ignored, either--back when they released the "Special Editions" they decided to cancel the bonus songs/disc that were originally supposed to be included with it like had been done with his first three Epic solo albums (in those cases, a bonus disc wasn't needed since the original albums were made to fit LPs and not CDs like Dangerous).