Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll HOF

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll HOF

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-16, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll

This will never happen but:

Minor Threat / Slayer
Old 10-01-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Re: Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll

This thread needs a whole lot more mentions of Black Flag.
Old 10-01-16, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to think of something but the idea of a "punk" act being put into a pretentious museum seems like the antithesis of punk. At least Johnny Rotten had the right idea when the Sex Pistols were inducted.
Old 10-01-16, 12:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New Model Army/Queensr˙che
Old 10-01-16, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 945 Likes on 719 Posts

Originally Posted by cdollaz
Yes and Yes to Sonic Youth. It will never happen.
I wouldn't call Yes heavy metal
Old 10-01-16, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,192 Likes on 1,497 Posts

Originally Posted by inri222
The Misfits will be a tough one because they were more of a cult/underground band in late 70's to early 80'. They were lucky if 100 people showed up to one of their gigs, now everyone loves them.
Yeah, they were a band that got bigger after they broke up. Not sure if that would disqualify them though.

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
The Dead Boys
I'm not a huge fan of a lot of their songs, but my god, "Sonic Reducer" is a monster, that song alone should get them in.

In the "Never gonna happen" category for metal bands, I've recently been on a Diamond Head kick, holy crap, they were so ahead of their time. Far from a "glaring omission" but I'd certainly vote them in.
Old 10-02-16, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by majorjoe23
This thread needs a whole lot more mentions of Black Flag.
After The Damned my next choices would be the godfathers of hardcore punk : Black Flag and Bad Brains.
Old 10-02-16, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,457 Likes on 927 Posts

Originally Posted by statcat
I tried to think of something but the idea of a "punk" act being put into a pretentious museum seems like the antithesis of punk. At least Johnny Rotten had the right idea when the Sex Pistols were inducted.
I'd like to hear what Jello Biafra would have to say while standing on their stage. I doubt that the museum would risk it.

I don't pay any attention to the RnR HOF except for the annual mockery of their selections. But I am surprised that Maiden and Priest aren't already in there.