DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll HOF (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/637535-name-1-punk-band-1-metal-band-glaring-omissions-rock-n-roll-hof.html)

Hiro11 10-01-16 09:21 AM

Re: Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll

This will never happen but:

Minor Threat / Slayer

majorjoe23 10-01-16 11:15 AM

Re: Name 1 punk band and 1 metal band that are glaring omissions from the Rock n Roll

This thread needs a whole lot more mentions of Black Flag.

statcat 10-01-16 11:30 AM

I tried to think of something but the idea of a "punk" act being put into a pretentious museum seems like the antithesis of punk. At least Johnny Rotten had the right idea when the Sex Pistols were inducted.

TerryW 10-01-16 12:00 PM

New Model Army/Queensr˙che

Paff 10-01-16 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 12911022)
Yes and Yes to Sonic Youth. It will never happen.

I wouldn't call Yes heavy metal

cultshock 10-01-16 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by inri222 (Post 12911229)
The Misfits will be a tough one because they were more of a cult/underground band in late 70's to early 80'. They were lucky if 100 people showed up to one of their gigs, now everyone loves them.

Yeah, they were a band that got bigger after they broke up. Not sure if that would disqualify them though.

Originally Posted by EddieMoney (Post 12911428)
The Dead Boys

I'm not a huge fan of a lot of their songs, but my god, "Sonic Reducer" is a monster, that song alone should get them in.

In the "Never gonna happen" category for metal bands, I've recently been on a Diamond Head kick, holy crap, they were so ahead of their time. Far from a "glaring omission" but I'd certainly vote them in.

inri222 10-02-16 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by majorjoe23 (Post 12912141)
This thread needs a whole lot more mentions of Black Flag.

After The Damned my next choices would be the godfathers of hardcore punk : Black Flag and Bad Brains.

Nick Danger 10-02-16 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by statcat (Post 12912153)
I tried to think of something but the idea of a "punk" act being put into a pretentious museum seems like the antithesis of punk. At least Johnny Rotten had the right idea when the Sex Pistols were inducted.

I'd like to hear what Jello Biafra would have to say while standing on their stage. I doubt that the museum would risk it.

I don't pay any attention to the RnR HOF except for the annual mockery of their selections. But I am surprised that Maiden and Priest aren't already in there.