Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-17, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 212 Likes on 185 Posts
Re: METALLICA: "HARDWIRED…TO SELF-DESTRUCT" 2CD/3CD Deluxe 11/18/16

<iframe width="880" height="495" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/61dWDizJ4Kc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-20-17, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by VHS?
If anyone wants to see the tribute band, Damage Inc. they are on AXStv right now (at least for me on West coast DirectTV)
I would venture to guess that at this point, their guitarist is better than Kirk. He really just needs to retire at this point.
Old 03-21-17, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

To be honest, yes, yes he is. Dude shreds and plays nearly flawless. Looking like Chum Lee adds to the awesomeness.
Old 05-01-17, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 265 Likes on 168 Posts

http://www.theonion.com/article/meta...ocialMarketing

Metallica Board Of Directors Debates Whether New Riff Will Have Negative Impact On Shareholder Value

LOS ANGELES—Weighing the pros and cons of the palm-muted low-E-string lick, Metallica’s 12-member board of directors reportedly debated Wednesday whether lead guitarist Kirk Hammett’s newest riff might negatively impact the band’s shareholder value. “Frankly, I don’t see any downside—when Kirk drops in after the intro with that feedback-heavy all-out assault on the lower register, it just melts your fucking face off,” said band CEO Don Herbst, rebutting the claim made by some of his colleagues that, given the current business climate, shareholders stood to “lose their asses” on a stripped-back Master Of Puppets–era hook dominated by cleanly picked minor dyads. “I get the argument that you might be able to goose your ROI by a few percentage points with a tremolo groove that gets more and more vicious with each repetition. But to hack its balls off by cutting the tempo to anything less than 180 [beats per minute] would be ludicrous from a cost-benefit perspective.” According to reports, the board later voted to sell off 200,000 units of stock to finance a chest-exploding, Trujillo-driven bass harmony.
Old 05-01-17, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LIVE AT WEBSTER HALL, NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2016 (3LP)
PRE-ORDER $39.98
**This is a pre-order product. Your credit card will not be charged until the item has shipped.**

Live album from Metallica's sold-out Fifth Members-only Webster Hall show on September 27th, 2016! Includes the live debut of “Moth Into Flame.”

Limited edition
Newly mastered for vinyl
140 gram 3LP + digital download
Mixed by Greg Fidelman, recorded by Mike Gillies, digital editing by Dan Monti and Sara Lyn Killion, mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering
Currently only available on Metallica.com and in pop-up stores in select cities on the band’s North American WorldWired 2017 Tour.
Released on Blackened Recordings

Tracklist

Disc One / Side A

Breadfan
Holier Than Thou
Battery
Harvester of Sorrow

Disc One / Side B

Fade to Black
Moth Into Flame

Disc Two / Side C

Sad But True
Orion

Disc Two / Side D

One
Master of Puppets

Disc Three / Side E

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Enter Sandman
Encore Jam
Whiskey In The Jar

Disc Three / Side F

Hardwired
Seek & Destroy

Orders expected to begin shipping before street date on May 5th.

*Limit one (1) per customer.

https://metallica.com/store/music/vi...-27th-2016-3lp
Old 05-02-17, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by gerrythedon

LIVE AT WEBSTER HALL, NEW YORK, NY – SEPTEMBER 27TH, 2016 (3LP)
PRE-ORDER $39.98
**This is a pre-order product. Your credit card will not be charged until the item has shipped.**

Live album from Metallica's sold-out Fifth Members-only Webster Hall show on September 27th, 2016! Includes the live debut of “Moth Into Flame.”

Limited edition
Newly mastered for vinyl
140 gram 3LP + digital download
Mixed by Greg Fidelman, recorded by Mike Gillies, digital editing by Dan Monti and Sara Lyn Killion, mastered by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering
Currently only available on Metallica.com and in pop-up stores in select cities on the band’s North American WorldWired 2017 Tour.
Released on Blackened Recordings

Tracklist

Disc One / Side A

Breadfan
Holier Than Thou
Battery
Harvester of Sorrow

Disc One / Side B

Fade to Black
Moth Into Flame

Disc Two / Side C

Sad But True
Orion

Disc Two / Side D

One
Master of Puppets

Disc Three / Side E

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Enter Sandman
Encore Jam
Whiskey In The Jar

Disc Three / Side F

Hardwired
Seek & Destroy

Orders expected to begin shipping before street date on May 5th.

*Limit one (1) per customer.

https://metallica.com/store/music/vi...-27th-2016-3lp
Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently only two songs from Hardwired from this concert. Thats telling.

I had another opportunity to listen to this this weekend while installing in-walls in my house. My opinion of the album has improved somewhat when listening through large speakers and a subwoofer, especially in NEO:6 through all 7.1 channels. I do think the album has a terrible mix however, and per usual Lars/James mixing does not have enough bass.
Old 05-02-17, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 71 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Correct me if I'm wrong, but apparently only two songs from Hardwired from this concert. Thats telling.
This was a concert almost two months before the album was released. They are playing more songs from the album now.
Old 05-02-17, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Neil M.
This was a concert almost two months before the album was released. They are playing more songs from the album now.
Only in a pure technical sense. According to Setlist.FM recent setlists, it varies between 3 and 4 a night. Otherwise just a greatest hits collection.

I will say Moth is definitely one of the best songs in their entire catalog, and without question the best song they've released since TBA.
Old 05-02-17, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DVD Josh
Only in a pure technical sense. According to Setlist.FM recent setlists, it varies between 3 and 4 a night. Otherwise just a greatest hits collection.
Not really. Check out livemetallica.com for setlists. They've been quite varied. And they've played at least 8 of the 12 songs (i.e. over 50 minutes worth) of music from the Hardwired album on various dates since it's been released.

And if you check out the Mexico City shows, the new songs represented 33-37 minutes worth of material. When an album is typically 40 minutes, that's quite a representation of the new songs being used in the setlist.

I will say Moth is definitely one of the best songs in their entire catalog
Yeah, I can see someone saying that.

and without question the best song they've released since TBA.
I have to say you are wrong on this. Sounds like you are completely neglecting Death Magnetic. But let's say it is better than anything off Death Magnetic (which is wrong, but let's just say...). Since the worst song off Hardwired is better than the best song on TBA, you should be saying that Moth is the best song they've released since Justice.
Old 05-02-17, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

NOW THAT WE’RE LIVE... WATCH REHEARSALS VIA FACEBOOK LIVE

We’re coming down the home stretch before the North American WorldWired tour starts in Baltimore next week and we are beyond excited to see all of you out there on our first proper tour of this part of the world since 2009. To kick off the celebrations, we’re inviting you to get a sneak peek of what to expect this summer by checking out our rehearsal the night before the first show via the magic of streaming video on Facebook Live. In a little show very cleverly titled “Now That We’re Live” we’ll bring rehearsals on Tuesday, May 9th live to your computer, tablet, mobile device or any other way you reach the internet at 9:00 PM EDT.

Tune into Metallica.com or head over to our Facebook page to see a few songs and catch a glimpse of the all-new massive production hitting the road this summer.
Old 05-03-17, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by nodeerforamonth
Not really. Check out livemetallica.com for setlists. They've been quite varied. And they've played at least 8 of the 12 songs (i.e. over 50 minutes worth) of music from the Hardwired album on various dates since it's been released.
I never said they weren't varied. But Metallica has a lot of hits.

And if you check out the Mexico City shows, the new songs represented 33-37 minutes worth of material. When an album is typically 40 minutes, that's quite a representation of the new songs being used in the setlist.
Do you mean a Metallica album or an album in general? But you seem to be right, they did play 5 songs at Mex city.

I have to say you are wrong on this. Sounds like you are completely neglecting Death Magnetic. But let's say it is better than anything off Death Magnetic (which is wrong, but let's just say...). Since the worst song off Hardwired is better than the best song on TBA, you should be saying that Moth is the best song they've released since Justice.
I'm not. I do not care for the record at all.

And I have no idea what you are getting at with the Hardwire/DM/TBA comparisons. TBA is a great record. It has the best solo Kirk has ever done (Unforgiven) and easily one of the top five riffs (Sad But True). It's a great record front to back. Sure its commercial but it's a great record.
Old 05-03-17, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LARS GOES ELECTRIC WITH BEATS1

<iframe width="780" height="439" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Nm0AAkxLX5Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Our own Lars Ulrich now has his very own Beats1 online radio show on Apple Music! Lars' show "It's Electric!" is the most recent weekly addition to the 24/7 online station and begins airing this Sunday, May 7th at 3:00 PM Pacific/6:00 PM Eastern/Midnight Central European Time. Unscripted, unfiltered and featuring NO "genre-fiction" whatsoever, "It's Electric!" will include music that motivates Lars, as well as interviews with artists who inspire him... all wrapped up in some magnificent mindless banter reminiscent of the good 'ole Lars babble. Each week Lars focuses on music that you may not have heard, occasionally throwing in a deep track, but the key word is great music and great music is not genre specific. Expect lots of musical variation and tall tales from the road along with the occasional reflection on life as we know it.

On the debut episode this week Lars plays some of his favorite new music that's turning him on, pulls out tracks you may not have heard from his favorite artists, tells stories from the road, and talks with Iggy Pop about their collaborative performance in Mexico City.

Tune in to "It's Electric!" on Beats1 each week on Sundays at 3:00 PM PDT/6:00 PM EDT/12:00 AM CET to hear more new music that is exciting Lars, catch a few stories, and hear chats with special guests. It's all on Apple Music, so check it out starting Sunday, May 7th.

Old 05-11-17, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

first Show of U.S. tour

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MxWZ3FieWdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAY 10 2017
BALTIMORE, MD, UNITED STATES
M&T BANK STADIUM

TOUR NAME
WorldWired

OTHER ACTS
Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat, Mix Master Mike

SHOW NOTES
This was the 14th time that Metallica performed in Maryland.

Metallica first played in Baltimore on August 9, 1983 at the Seagull Inn during the Kill ‘Em All for One tour with Raven.

The band last played Baltimore on July 4, 2000 during the first Summer Sanitarium tour with Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down & Powerman 5000.

This was the first show of the WorldWired North American Tour.

This was the first time that “Now That We’re Dead” and “Halo On Fire” were performed in the United States.

This was the first time in 25 years that “The Unforgiven” was played in Maryland.

This was the first time in 34 years that “Hit the Lights” was performed in Maryland. It was last played here in 1983 during a show at Coast to Coast.

Metallica performed 18 songs off of seven albums: Kill ‘Em All (2), Ride the Lightning (2), Master of Puppets (2), …And Justice for All (1), Metallica (5), Reload (1), Hardwired…To Self-Destruct (5)

SETLIST

HARDWIRED
ATLAS, RISE!
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
FUEL
THE UNFORGIVEN
NOW THAT WE'RE DEAD
MOTH INTO FLAME
WHEREVER I MAY ROAM
HALO ON FIRE
HIT THE LIGHTS
SAD BUT TRUE
ONE
MASTER OF PUPPETS
FADE TO BLACK
SEEK AND DESTROY

BATTERY
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
ENTER SANDMAN
Old 05-11-17, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

LIVE METALLICA UPDATE

Wow... what an amazing way to kick off the North American leg of the WorldWired tour. A huge shout-out to our friends in Baltimore for making us feel so welcome and getting us started on an absolute high! As you may know, we record every show so that you can digitally download it or spin a good old-fashioned CD and re-live the night or hear what you missed. In honor of the first proper tour of North America in quite some time, we’ve given our little site LiveMetallica.com a small face-lift and even better yet, have made arrangements to have the team that brought you Hardwired…To Self-Destruct mix each and every show to give you maximum sound quality.

It’s all going to work the same as it has for over a decade since LiveMetallica.com first launched in 2004. We’ll walk off the stage and within 72 hours, maybe faster, occasionally a day slower, you’ll be able to download an mp3, high quality lossless (FLAC or ALAC), or HD audio... you can also click to have a CD sent to your house.

We’re excited to take the live site to the next level and will be bringing you all the WorldWired shows this year... and beyond! Check it out at LiveMetallica.com or in the Met Store.
Old 05-11-17, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon
first Show of U.S. tour

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MxWZ3FieWdY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAY 10 2017
BALTIMORE, MD, UNITED STATES
M&T BANK STADIUM

TOUR NAME
WorldWired

OTHER ACTS
Avenged Sevenfold, Volbeat, Mix Master Mike

SHOW NOTES
This was the 14th time that Metallica performed in Maryland.

Metallica first played in Baltimore on August 9, 1983 at the Seagull Inn during the Kill ‘Em All for One tour with Raven.

The band last played Baltimore on July 4, 2000 during the first Summer Sanitarium tour with Korn, Kid Rock, System of a Down & Powerman 5000.

This was the first show of the WorldWired North American Tour.

This was the first time that “Now That We’re Dead” and “Halo On Fire” were performed in the United States.

This was the first time in 25 years that “The Unforgiven” was played in Maryland.

This was the first time in 34 years that “Hit the Lights” was performed in Maryland. It was last played here in 1983 during a show at Coast to Coast.

Metallica performed 18 songs off of seven albums: Kill ‘Em All (2), Ride the Lightning (2), Master of Puppets (2), …And Justice for All (1), Metallica (5), Reload (1), Hardwired…To Self-Destruct (5)

SETLIST

HARDWIRED
ATLAS, RISE!
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS
FUEL
THE UNFORGIVEN
NOW THAT WE'RE DEAD
MOTH INTO FLAME
WHEREVER I MAY ROAM
HALO ON FIRE
HIT THE LIGHTS
SAD BUT TRUE
ONE
MASTER OF PUPPETS
FADE TO BLACK
SEEK AND DESTROY

BATTERY
NOTHING ELSE MATTERS
ENTER SANDMAN
yeah very Black Album heavy but hey i got to hear Battery, HIT THE LIGHTS, and my fave single off the Black album Whenever I May Roam live. Also before Moth Into Flames James halfway joked "i hope the mic works this time"
and video from Hardwired to Self Destruct from an Iphone 6s, which shocked me at how good the audio was given how loud it was
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L3LFPF_gzfM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-11-17, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Old 05-11-17, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

also the setlist posted misses that before Hit the Lights Rob did Anesthesia Pulling Teeth, and during the Kirk solo he and Rob did a 2 man version of I Disappear from the 2nd Mission Impossible movie
Old 05-12-17, 05:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Great setlist for the Baltimore show. I may check it out on live Metallica.
Old 05-12-17, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

Any setlist without Creeping Death and with Unforgiven, Sad But True AND Nothing Else Matters is a poor setlist IMO.
Old 05-12-17, 11:24 AM
Premium Member

Received 692 Likes on 463 Posts

I could really do without Nothing Else Matters, especially in the encore, ugh.

I'll be seeing them a week from Sunday in Columbus, if I last that long (3 day festival).
Old 05-12-17, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Phodg
Any setlist without Creeping Death and with Unforgiven, Sad But True AND Nothing Else Matters is a poor setlist IMO.
Sad But True is one the most brutal riffs in their entire catalog. I love that song. NEM, I could live without.

Creeping Death is pretty damn awesome though.
Old 05-12-17, 12:54 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

I could really do without "Fuel." Yuck.
Old 05-12-17, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieMoney
I could really do without "Fuel." Yuck.
Why? Does it not give you that which you desire?
Old 05-12-17, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 737 Likes on 364 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Why? Does it not give you that which you desire?
Ooh, yeah-heh
Old 05-13-17, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GH7wdOYSN10" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

CREEPING DEATH replaced FUEL
MOTORBREATH replaced HIT THE LIGHTS

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.