DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Temple of the Dog Reunite for First Ever Tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/635270-temple-dog-reunite-first-ever-tour.html)

dex14 07-20-16 12:24 PM

Temple of the Dog Reunite for First Ever Tour

Temple of the Dog has reunited and will tour this November, for the first time since forming in 1990.

The Seattle supergroup featuring Soundgarden’s Chris Cornell, Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament, Stone Gossard, and Mike McCready, and drummer Matt Cameron (drummer for both Soundgarden and Pearl Jam) will play five US cities: Philadelphia, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Seattle. “We wanted to do the one thing we never got to do … play shows and see what it feels like to be the band that we walked away from 25 years ago,” says Chris Cornell.

Ticket pre-sales begin TODAY (July 20) at 10:00 AM PST and ends July 27 at 10am PST – The pre-sale links are listed below (pre-sale password is Phrases and is not case sensitive). Tickets will go on sale to the general public HERE on Friday, July 29th, at 12 noon local time. $1.50 from each ticket sold will benefit the Chris and Vicky Cornell Foundation and an additional $1.50 will benefit Pearl Jam’s Vitalogy Foundation.

The tour marks the 25th anniversary of the release of Temple of the Dog’s first and only album, a self-titled set that was released by A&M Records on April 16th, 1991.

On September 30th UMe will release a special Temple of the Dog 25th anniversary reissue collection of their landmark album, newly mixed by Brendan O’Brien and remastered. The collection will be available in four configurations, including a four disc Super Deluxe, a double LP, a two CD Deluxe, and a single CD. Physical pre-orders are available HERE.

Temple of the Dog’s upcoming tour dates are as follows:
November 4, 2016 Philadelphia, PA Tower Theater Tickets
November 7, 2016 New York, NY Madison Square Garden Tickets
November 11, 2016 San Francisco, CA Bill Graham Civic Center Tickets
November 14, 2016 Los Angeles, CA The Forum Tickets
November 20, 2016 Seattle, WA Paramount Theater Tickets

Obi-Wanma 07-20-16 01:24 PM

Re: Temple of the Dog Reunite for First Ever Tour

No Eddie, no sale. Also, they're not coming anywhere near me.

bunkaroo 07-20-16 01:34 PM

Can't believe there isn't at least a Chicago show.

dex14 07-20-16 01:42 PM

I got 11th row center floor seats on the aisle for MSG.

I don't know why you'd expect Vedder really anywhere other than Seattle. He only really contributed to one song.

bunkaroo 07-20-16 01:47 PM

I wonder if Vedder will be there though. It's only 5 dates spread across 2 weeks.

I mean, unless they have a bunch of other material, they only have the 10 songs from their record, correct? I'm not sure what else they would play. I could see them doing some Pearl Jam, Soundgarden and maybe even Mother Love Bone stuff as well.

dex14 07-20-16 02:00 PM

The reissue is going to have some demos.

TEMPLE OF THE DOG – 25th Anniversary Reissue Box Set tracklist
4 Discs: 2CDs, 1 DVD and 1 Blu-ray Audio.
51 total tracks – counting all audio and video – 48 of which are unreleased tracks and/or mixes.

CD 1:
Original album newly mixed in 192/24 stereo by Brendan O’Brien
Plus 3 Alternate Mixes newly mixed from multi-tracks by Adam Kasper – “Say Hello 2 Heaven”, “Wooden Jesus” and “All Night Thing”

CD 2:
7 demos – 5 unreleased including 2 songs that didn’t make final album sessions: “Angel of Fire” and “Black Cat”
5 Studio Outtakes newly mixed from multi-tracks by Adam Kasper – “Say Hello 2 Heaven”, “Reach Down”, “Pushin Forward Back”, “Wooden Jesus” and “All Night Thing”

Disc 3 (DVD):
11/13/90: Off Ramp Cafe video shot by Badmotorfinger producer, Terry Date (previously unseen/unreleased) – “Hunger Strike”, “Wooden Jesus”, “Say Hello 2 Heaven”, “Reach Down”, “Call Me A Dog” and “Times of Trouble”
12/90: “Say Hello 2 Heaven” originally shot on film and newly transferred to HD (newly edited and never before seen in its entirety)
9/8/92: Lollapalooza, Phoenix “Hunger Strike” surprise performance
Official “Hunger Strike” music video
9/11 PJ20 Alpine Valley fan shot and edited videos including:
9/3/11: “Say Hello 2 Heaven”
9/4/11: “Hunger Strike”, “Call Me A Dog”, “All Night Thing” and “Reach Down”
All HD quality; includes Pearl Jam’s stereo mix from the live multi-tracks from this event plus HD pit footage from the Pearl Jam archives
1/15: “Call Me A Dog” and “Reach Down” from Madseason’s 2015 Benaroya Hall concert (newly edited and never-before-seen)

Disc 4 (Blu-ray Audio):
Newly mixed 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround mix by Adam Kasper (Superunknown 5.1 mixer)
96kHz 24-bit stereo mix by Brendan O’Brien
Official “Hunger Strike” music video in 5.1
HD versions of the bonus videos in stereo only

bunkaroo 07-20-16 02:17 PM

I figured there must be some material that didn't make the album - I'll look forward to hearing that.

Phodg 07-20-16 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 12855234)
Can't believe there isn't at least a Chicago show.

I know, right ? Hopefully they'll add one.

Liver&Onions 07-20-16 04:35 PM

Anyone willing and able to share a presale code for the seattle show they can't make it to?

dex14 07-20-16 05:24 PM

Code is in OP - Phrases

TGM 07-20-16 05:51 PM

I'm going.... hungry.

Liver&Onions 07-20-16 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12855452)
Code is in OP - Phrases

Ah yes, so it is - link however is not :(

Liver&Onions 07-20-16 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12855452)
Code is in OP - Phrases

Ah yes, so it is - link however is not :(

Nevermind - presale in seattle sold out already, not shocked.

story 07-20-16 06:39 PM

Nowhere near me and IDONTWANNATALKABOUTITLEAVEMEALONE.

JZ1276 07-23-16 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by dex14 (Post 12855260)

Disc 4 (Blu-ray Audio):
Newly mixed 96kHz 24-bit 5.1 Surround mix by Adam Kasper (Superunknown 5.1 mixer)
96kHz 24-bit stereo mix by Brendan O’Brien
Official “Hunger Strike” music video in 5.1
HD versions of the bonus videos in stereo only

So has anyone heard the 5.1 Superunknown mix? I have a huge collection of multichannel audio & Superunknown is a terribly mixed. It's just as bad as Core & Pet Sounds.

Mike86 07-23-16 09:20 PM

Nowhere near me which isn't a surprise give my location and the limited amount of dates they're playing or I'd think about going. I'll get the remastered set though.

JeffTheAlpaca 09-25-16 08:07 PM

Best Buy has the remastered CD and Vinyl for $16.99

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/B...0;maxWidth=642

Liver&Onions 10-04-16 12:27 AM

Man, the mixes on this are fantastic.

JZ1276 10-04-16 04:43 AM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 12914017)
Man, the mixes on this are fantastic.

The 5.1 mix is fantastic??

bunkaroo 10-04-16 09:50 AM

I was in a couple Best Buy's in the past few days and didn't see this out anywhere. I'm still curious to hear it but I won't pay more than $10 for it. If it's along the lines of the Tex Redux mix I can easily pass. That mix just took all the magic out of the original recording.

Rocketdog2000 10-06-16 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca (Post 12907591)
Best Buy has the remastered CD and Vinyl for $16.99

http://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/B...0;maxWidth=642

The LP that comes with this offer is single disc version of the album, in no frills packaging, and a plain white sleeve with no insert. Otherwise sound quality has been reported as "fine". You buy the CD at the store (single disc edition, without the added material on the 2 CD deluxe edition), and there is an online code voucher inside, where once entered, they mail the vinyl out to you. Still, it's a fairly cheap way to get both.

The version that will be hitting retail stores next month will be more similar to Music On Vinyl's pressing, which is 2 LP's, with the album spread out over three sides for higher audio fidelity, and a fourth etched side. The new version will also feature the new Brendan O'Brien mix of the album, along with a removable lenticular album cover, while the MOV pressing does not.

JZ1276 10-07-16 10:49 PM

So I just got this set today (DVD/Blu) & the damn BR will not play in either of my BR drives.

Update: Finally got one of my BR drives to read this disc. It seems to be finicky. So far I'm not hating the 5.1 mix which is the reason I purchased this which is good considering the same guy who did Soundgarden's surround mix did this one. Hunger Strike's mix is pretty cool with Cornell's verses coming from the mains & Vedder's coming from the rears.