Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Charlie Daniels - Country Music Hall of Famer and founder of the Charlie Daniels Band has died

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Charlie Daniels - Country Music Hall of Famer and founder of the Charlie Daniels Band has died

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-20, 11:58 AM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Received 551 Likes on 380 Posts

RIP Charlie.

Guess there will not be a fiddling contest after all.
Spoiler:

Old 07-06-20, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 436 Likes on 298 Posts
Re: Charlie Daniels - Country Music Hall of Famer and founder of the Charlie Daniels Band has died

RIP

Who else are we going to lose today?
Old 07-06-20, 12:22 PM
Suspended

Location: Indianapolis, IN. Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends. We're so glad you could attend. Come inside! Come inside!
Re: Charlie Daniels - Country Music Hall of Famer and founder of the Charlie Daniels Band has died

Originally Posted by Meathead

Who else are we going to lose today?
Sadly we have gone from the "Classics" with Ennio Morricone to Country music.

Old 07-06-20, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 290 Likes on 215 Posts

The Devil finally got his soul. RIP
The following users liked this post:
Mabuse (07-07-20)
Old 07-06-20, 03:43 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

RIP Charlie.

I have a handful of his albums -- I prefer the few he made before he officially formed The Charlie Daniels Band in the mid-70s. I believe he wrote and composed the majority of songs released throughout his career.
Old 07-06-20, 04:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

I live here in Nashville and went to many of the first Volunteer Jams back when Southern Rock was at it's peak with original members of Lynyrd Skynard, Allman Brothers (Duane was killed before), Marshall Tucker, 38 Special, Wet Willie, Barefoot Jerry.....Outlaws and molly Hatchet came later in the 80's....the man could play the Fiddle....whenever he and Marshall Tucker hooked...24 Hours At A Time...was something special....He'll be missed for sure...really took a lot out of the State of Tennessee losing him....

Old 07-06-20, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by movieguru
The Devil finally got his soul. RIP

The Devil went down to Georgia.