Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett Reveals He Has Cancer.

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-15, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts

Poison drummer Rikki Rockett has revealed that he is is battling oral cancer.

The 54-year-old opened up about his diagnosis on SiriusXM’s Eddie Trunk Live. on Monday and revealed that he was diagnosed over the summer.

"[In] June, I kind of got sick. I had this horrible cold, sore-throat thing, and they were scoping me and they were doing biopsies, and nothing was coming up," he told Trunk.

"Finally a doctor at USC did a biopsy and took a look and he said, 'I believe you have oral cancer.' And what it was is a tumor at the base of my tongue."

He added of his diagnosis: "This is very similar to Bruce Dickinson (of Iron Maiden), very similar to Michael Douglas, similar to Tom Hamilton (of Aerosmith), as far as I know; I don't know the details of his. And two adjacent lymph nodes that it kind of… Normally, it does spread to the lymph nodes; that's typical. That's how you find out you have it ninety percent of the time."

Rockett – whose real name is Richard Allan Ream – said that he has done nine rounds of chemotherapy and 35 rounds of radiation which his mother-in-law brought him to.

He also revealed that he had been keeping the diagnosis a secret to keep it out of the media because – amongst other reasons – he didn't want people coming up to him telling them "anybody's horror stories" about cancer.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/...L&ocid=U305DHP
Old 12-16-15, 01:49 PM
RIP

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett Reveals He Has Cancer.

Fans...please give this man something to believe in.
Old 12-16-15, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Re: Poison Drummer Rikki Rockett Reveals He Has Cancer.

Not afraid to admit I'm a Poison fan. Great party band, did a lot of drinking, smoking, and other things with these guys on in the background. Rikki is an underappreciated drummer, I feel he kept the band tight live wise. I hope he can get healthy and the boys go out again.