Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Hall and Oates just uploaded high quality versions of their music videos to YouTube

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Hall and Oates just uploaded high quality versions of their music videos to YouTube

Old 04-25-15, 12:11 PM
Banned

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

You can see them at https://www.youtube.com/user/hallandoatesVEVO/videos

These are much better quality than the VHS recordings that many fans have uploaded over the years.

It’s not a mistake that they uploaded “Jingle Bell Rock” twice – one version has Daryl singing, and the other one has John.
Old 04-25-15, 05:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Hall and Oates just uploaded high quality versions of their music videos to YouTu

Thanks for posting this. Listened to Maneater and nearly shit me pants when I saw GE Smith and Tom T-Bone Wolk (rip). I never knew or had forgotten that they played with H&O.
Old 04-25-15, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 814 Likes on 569 Posts
Re: Hall and Oates just uploaded high quality versions of their music videos to YouTu

I haven't seen what either Hall or Oates look like nowadays, so for shits and giggles I did some Googling.
They seemed to be ageing well - and then I found out they're 67 & 68, so they're ageing VERY well.
Old 04-26-15, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks for posting this, wonder why there's no Family Man.
Old 04-26-15, 10:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard an interview with Daryl Hall a few years ago, he seems like a genuinely nice and grounded person. Hall mentioned that both he and John Oates don't like the name "Hall & Oates" name and that they've always been careful to credit their albums to "Daryl Hall and John Oates". I guess I never realized that, but looking at their albums not a single one is credited to "Hall & Oates". Hall said that he used to complain about it but then gave up in the early eighties because he realized that it really didn't matter.
Old 04-26-15, 11:40 AM
Premium Member

Received 676 Likes on 456 Posts

Daryl has a show called "Live From Daryl's House" where he brings in other musicians and does a mix of his songs and their songs. I've enjoyed several of the episodes. New season is starting soon, too.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/
Old 04-26-15, 04:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gmanca
Thanks for posting this, wonder why there's no Family Man.

Yes, there is:

Old 04-26-15, 04:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Hiro11
I heard an interview with Daryl Hall a few years ago, he seems like a genuinely nice and grounded person. Hall mentioned that both he and John Oates don't like the name "Hall & Oates" name and that they've always been careful to credit their albums to "Daryl Hall and John Oates". I guess I never realized that, but looking at their albums not a single one is credited to "Hall & Oates". Hall said that he used to complain about it but then gave up in the early eighties because he realized that it really didn't matter.
I had wanted to put "Daryl Hall and John Oates" in the heading but it was too long.
Old 04-26-15, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Fantastic power pop:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aztfVs1epYY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 04-27-15, 12:47 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by grundle
Yes, there is:

Oh ok I'm in Thailand now and it's blocked.
Old 04-27-15, 07:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love Hall and Oates... great pop music
Old 05-06-16, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 325 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by The Cow
Daryl has a show called "Live From Daryl's House" where he brings in other musicians and does a mix of his songs and their songs. I've enjoyed several of the episodes. New season is starting soon, too.

http://www.livefromdarylshouse.com/
Did anyone see the recent episode with Cheap Trick? It was on MTV-Live (formerly Palladia). It was pretty good, especially the reminiscing about how Rick played on an H&O album back in the 70s.
Old 05-07-16, 10:54 PM

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

They need to put up a high quality version of this "She's Gone" video.

I think it might be my favorite music video of all time.

Old 05-08-16, 07:32 AM

Received 134 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by sportsfan64
Did anyone see the recent episode with Cheap Trick? It was on MTV-Live (formerly Palladia). It was pretty good, especially the reminiscing about how Rick played on an H&O album back in the 70s.
Great episode, I really love that show. In a funny coincidence, Rick Nielsen referred to them as "Hall and Oates" and Robin Zander corrected him.