DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Has anyone noticed fast food restaurants have pretty good radio? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/624282-has-anyone-noticed-fast-food-restaurants-have-pretty-good-radio.html)

Traxan 12-26-14 07:41 PM

Has anyone noticed fast food restaurants have pretty good radio?

Title says it all. Many fast food joints have their own radio, where they play music non-stop, no DJ, no commercial. I find myself Shazaming some fairly neat songs constantly, and many are not as overexposed as Taylor or Megan Traynor.

The Taco Bell near me likes EDM while the Subway is more general pop. Quiznos is a bit of a mix. Regrettably, Chick-Fil-A has no music. They'd probably play country anyway.

ernestrp 12-26-14 08:14 PM

Re: Has anyone noticed fast food restaurants have pretty good radio?

The Wendys near me had a lot of James Brown tunes but I have not been there much in the last 2 or so years. Moe's has some older tunes and Capt'n D's has strange mix. They recently had a JJ Cale song by JJ Cale himself.

The Infidel 12-26-14 08:42 PM

My Taco Bell played a techno version of Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" with a female vocalist. I am thus inclined to answer the OP's question with "no".

hbilly 12-27-14 12:19 AM

One Burger King in our area screens music videos, celebrity news, BK commercials and movie trailers on a big HDTV. The choice of music is rather annoying, with mostly artists I've never heard before. Then again I don't follow the current music scene.

Traxan 12-27-14 12:37 AM

The BK near me plays nothing but 50s music. Very annoying.

dhmac 01-07-15 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ernestrp (Post 12345078)
Moe's has some older tunes

I think Moe's Southwest Grill has a policy of only playing music from either dead artists or bands with at least one member who has died.

GuessWho 01-08-15 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Infidel (Post 12345093)
My Taco Bell played a techno version of Don Henley's "Boys of Summer" with a female vocalist. I am thus inclined to answer the OP's question with "no".

You know you love it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/bPaG6IX6-eo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hiro11 01-08-15 10:00 PM

The Noodles and Company (local chain) near me has a surprisingly eclectic and obscure playlist. I've heard them play some classic Brian Eno, a Swervedriver song and Ex Hex. They played this song:
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ivFFtakf-70" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
last time I was there. I really liked the song, Soundhound to the rescue. I'd never heard of the artist.

Traxan 01-08-15 11:03 PM

The BK near me played a string of bizzaro tracks. I Shazamed a bunch.

"Hands of Time" - Rachel Diggs
"Loco Legs" - The Fresh Beat Band
"Little Monkey" - Gwendolyn and the Good Time Gang
"La (Beautiful Day)" - Sunshine Collective
"I Like to dance" - Yo Gabba Gabba.