Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

school me on Hi-Rez downloads

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

school me on Hi-Rez downloads

Old 12-16-15, 09:39 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Re: school me on Hi-Rez downloads

I'm now pairing the 400S with the Pono in balanced mode, and the results are simply magical. This is an even better pairing than the HD600 with the Pono. Say what you will about hi-res, but the Pono in balanced mode is more than worth the asking price of the device. I doubt I'll ever listen to it single-ended again.

The difference between single-ended and balanced on the Geek Out isn't as wide as it is on the Pono. The Pono wins over all in balanced mode, but the Geek Out is better than the Pono in single-ended mode. I picked up a pair of Fidelio X2's on Amazon during the deal of the day sale ($100 off), and in single-ended mode on the Geek Out they sound exceptional. The 400S also sounds very good in balanced mode. I'm debating whether to keep the X2 or not, or if the 400S is enough for both devices.

Last edited by Supermallet; 12-16-15 at 09:46 PM.