DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   KATE BUSH live tour dates - first in 35 years (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/618924-kate-bush-live-tour-dates-first-35-years.html)

bearkiss 03-21-14 08:33 AM

KATE BUSH live tour dates - first in 35 years

Having surprised the world by releasing two albums in one year back in 2011 (Director’s Cut and 50 Words For Snow) Kate Bush has arguably just topped that this morning by announcing that she will play a series of 15 live dates at London’s Hammersmith Apollo in August and September 2014.

The concerts are being dubbed Before The Dawn. That title and the image (above) released to accompany the announcement, hints at a performance that will include The Ninth Wave (the seven-track suite that formed side two her 1985 masterpiece Hounds Of Love). The narrative of The Ninth Wave involves an individual forced to spend a hallucinatory night in floating in choppy sea waters before the arrival of ‘The Morning Fog’.

Kate has famously not toured for 35 years, so this really is incredible news, with generations who probably thought they’d never get to see Kate play live now afforded that opportunity.

Kate has promised to keep us updated with “further news” via her website, but in the meantime tickets go on sale on at 9.30 am (GMT) on the 28 March 2014 and will be available exclusively from the following agents:

http://www.eventim.co.uk
http://www.gigsandtours.com
http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk

Before The Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith

AUGUST
Tuesday, 26th August
Wednesday, 27th August
Friday, 29th August
Saturday, 30th August

SEPTEMBER
Tuesday, 2nd September
Wednesday, 3rd September
Friday, 5th September
Saturday, 6th September
Tuesday, 9th September
Wednesday, 10th September
Friday, 12th September
Saturday, 13th September
Tuesday, 16th September
Wednesday, 17th September
Friday, 19th September

Supermallet 03-21-14 10:44 AM

Re: KATE BUSH live tour dates - first in 35 years

That sound you hear is part of me dying inside, because I can't go.

The Black 03-21-14 03:29 PM

I'm going to try for a gig.

atlantamoi 03-22-14 02:48 AM

These tickets are going to be insanely priced when scalpers get them. Surprising news.

Oliver Clothesoff 03-22-14 07:37 AM

there are very easy ways to keep tickets out of the scalpers' hands, but there aren't many artists interested in taking the steps to do it.

bearkiss 03-22-14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by atlantamoi (Post 12053167)
These tickets are going to be insanely priced when scalpers get them. Surprising news.

I got the following email - they may be trying to stop scalping for this one, at least for the presale tickets:

We are contacting you as you are eligible to participate in the fan pre-sale for the "Before the Dawn" concerts in August & September 2014 at Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith 48 hours ahead of the general ticket sale on 28th March 2014.

Please visit www.eventim.co.uk at 9.30am on 26th March 2014, locate the show you’d like to attend, select the fan pre-sale from the drop-down menu and enter the unique access code below for your chance to purchase tickets to one of the shows:

Access code: (removed!)

**ACCESS CODES ARE STRICTLY ONE USE ONLY AND SHOULD BE ENTERED AS DISPLAYED ABOVE IN LOWER CASE. IF YOU LEAVE THE PAGE AND TRY TO USE THE CODE AGAIN IT WILL BE INVALID.**

**THE ACCESS CODE WILL BE INVALID IF YOU HAVE NOT RECEIVED THIS EMAIL DIRECTLY FROM KATEBUSH.COM**

**ALL NEW SIGNEES TO THE KATEBUSH.COM MAILING LIST FROM 00:00AM ON 1ST MARCH 2014 WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE FOR PRE-SALE TICKETS**

This event is for fans only and the following rules are in place to ensure that tickets do not get sold on and fans do not pay a higher price for their tickets.
•Ticket purchases are limited to a maximum of 4 per order. For example, you can try to purchase up to 4 tickets for just 1 of the 15 concerts, or 1 ticket for 4 separate shows. All tickets MUST be purchased in the same transaction in order for the access code to remain valid.
•The name of the lead booker will be printed on each ticket. The name cannot be changed once the booking has been made.
•The lead booker will be asked to present ID to gain entry into the venue. Failure to adhere to the terms and conditions may result in the customer's order being void. There are no exceptions to this rule.
•If you are booking more than one ticket your guests must arrive at the concert at the same time as you. Failure to do so will result in the guests being turned away.
•Tickets cannot be resold or transferred under any circumstances. If the promoter reasonably believes this to be the case the barcode on the ticket will be voided, prohibiting entry to the concert.
•Age Restriction: 14+ (ALL UNDER 16's MUST

The Black 03-28-14 04:40 AM

Got my tickets! Row H stalls on the first night! :D

CRM114 03-28-14 07:48 AM

Groovy.

bearkiss 03-28-14 09:51 AM

80,000+ tickets sold in 15 minutes!

Supermallet 03-28-14 11:07 AM

Damn you all. Damn you all to hell!

Seriously though, good on ya. I am insanely jealous.

dvduser6 03-28-14 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by The Black (Post 12059844)

There are no words in the English lexicon to describe how envious I am of you (and other 79,999 people who will get to experience this series of shows).

I can only hope she considers filiming several nights to assemble a live DVD to commemorate the tour.

hal9000 03-29-14 01:35 PM

WOW! She hasn't toured in 35 years, wtf!?! How does she make a living. I know royalties roll in at a pretty healthy clip but even those have to taper off over the years, that, and after paying a manager/agent (possibly) and the inevitable British income tax it can't possible afford for her to live the high life. Maybe she doesn't need the money/lives a simple life. But it's no secret bands today make almost 100% of all their money form touring and merchandise. I guess I'm more shocked at the fact that she left 35 years of touring income on the table. More power to her, I'm not criticizing her choice. I also on the other hand can't criticize greedy fucks like Depeche Mode and U2 that seemingly tour non stop making 100's of millions of dollars.

jdslater1 04-05-14 07:41 AM

I gave up. Really wanted to see her and take my mum as she is a huge fan.
Hope a bluray will come out.

I get the idea it will be a show very much like the PSB in regards to visuals and having dancers.

Supermallet 04-05-14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by hal9000 (Post 12061281)
WOW! She hasn't toured in 35 years, wtf!?! How does she make a living. I know royalties roll in at a pretty healthy clip but even those have to taper off over the years, that, and after paying a manager/agent (possibly) and the inevitable British income tax it can't possible afford for her to live the high life. Maybe she doesn't need the money/lives a simple life. But it's no secret bands today make almost 100% of all their money form touring and merchandise. I guess I'm more shocked at the fact that she left 35 years of touring income on the table. More power to her, I'm not criticizing her choice. I also on the other hand can't criticize greedy fucks like Depeche Mode and U2 that seemingly tour non stop making 100's of millions of dollars.

She's had her own home recording studio since the '80s which I'm sure saves her a lot of money on production, so her albums are likely more profitable to her from the start.

Also, are Depeche Mode and U2 always touring? Usually it's when they have a new album to promote.

CRM114 04-08-14 09:09 AM

Her neighbours in Berkshire say Kate, worth an estimated £30 million, lives so quietly that there are long periods when they are convinced she has moved out.
From an interesting article... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...sh-hiding.html

Nick Danger 04-14-14 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by The Black (Post 12059844)

We expect a report of the show.

The Black 08-28-14 06:01 AM

I was there, fourth row and really close to her.
She was visibly nervous through the first few songs, but once the "theater" part of the performance started the nerves seemed gone.
Really dissapointed she didn't play Wuthering Heights, and personally thought she could have shaved off some of the "theater" and played some more hits. But I guess I'm lucky enough to have been there.

Also heard a guy constantly boo'ing near the end. I think he wasn't a fan of the "theater" part :D

She said it was because of her son that she was doing these shows, however his song about the moon could have been cut, dreadful :P

If anybody wants to have a listen to the gig, I uploaded this http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...l3plcik/KB.rar

CRM114 08-28-14 08:15 AM

Setlist according to The Internet

Lily
Hounds of Love
Running Up That Hill
King Of The Mountain
Cloudbusting
Sat In Your Lap
Oh England My Lionheart
A Coral Room
The Red Shoes
And Dream of Sheep
Under Ice
Jig of Life
Hello Earth
The Morning Fog
The Sensual World
Love and Anger
This Woman’s Work
Lake Tahoe
Misty
Wildman
Babooshka
Army Dreamers
The Man with the Child in His Eyes

Image:

I'd love to have seen this show. And she played This Woman’s Work.

Supermallet 08-28-14 01:57 PM

I sincerely hope she releases a Blu-ray of these shows. Sounds like she performed pretty much all of side B of Hounds of Love as well.

The Black 08-28-14 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by CRM114 (Post 12214363)
Setlist according to The Internet

That setlist is fake.
If you want the real setlist, please follow this link: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/kate-b...-3bce7c00.html

Supermallet 08-28-14 06:16 PM

No Hammer Horror, no sale!

The Bus 08-30-14 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by The Black (Post 12214296)
I was there, fourth row and really close to her.
She was visibly nervous through the first few songs, but once the "theater" part of the performance started the nerves seemed gone.
Really dissapointed she didn't play Wuthering Heights, and personally thought she could have shaved off some of the "theater" and played some more hits. But I guess I'm lucky enough to have been there.

Also heard a guy constantly boo'ing near the end. I think he wasn't a fan of the "theater" part :D

She said it was because of her son that she was doing these shows, however his song about the moon could have been cut, dreadful :P

If anybody wants to have a listen to the gig, I uploaded this http://www.mediafire.com/download/00...l3plcik/KB.rar

Link's dead. :(

The Black 08-30-14 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 12216427)
Link's dead. :(

Works for me?
I've seen over 600 downloads so far, so that might be the problem?

Supermallet 08-30-14 12:30 PM

File blocked for violation.

The Black 08-31-14 06:15 AM

I'm uploading a new version with a password.
Anybody want it, they can pm me. I'll send you a link The Bus and Supermallet.