Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

SHAKIRA: new [English-language] album -3/25/14

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 01-14-14, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Shakira, Rihanna's 'Remember' Roars At Radio

The pair's new single, from Shakira's forthcoming album, is off to a fast start at pop and Latin pop radio after its first day of release

Shakira's new single, "Can't Remember to Forget You," featuring Rihanna, has received a warm welcome at radio following its release yesterday (Jan. 13).

After its first day of availability, the lead track from Shakira's first RCA Records album, due March 25 (her first English-language set since 2009's "She Wolf"), has vaulted into the top 20 of the Nielsen BDS-based Pop Songs and Latin Pop Songs building charts. Airplay has been boosted by hourly plays yesterday on participating Clear Channel Media + Entertainment-owned English-language pop stations. The song received 1,172 first-day plays on 143 U.S. stations, amounting to 11 million all-format audience impressions.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o3VMyHr1gIg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radio programmers say that, while it's too early to forecast the song's long-term fortunes, early returns are encouraging for the reggae-tinged "Remember."

"When I heard that Shakira would be collaborating with Rihanna on her new single, I couldn't wait to hear it," says Clear Channel-owned WHTZ (Z100) New York program director Sharon Dastur. "After I first heard it, it exceeded my expectations in a great way. Their voices sound wonderful together." Z100 played the song 16 times yesterday.

"Listener reaction on the phones and our social media has been great. Shakira is back."

"My first impression of [hearing] the track was excitement," echoes Alex Tear, WHYI (Y100) Miami VP of programming and Clear Channel national top 40 brand coordinator. "I couldn't wait to find out our listeners' reactions, as they are the ultimate judge and jury. Response was immediately positive and curious. Shakira's ties with Miami and South Florida are very tight and Ri's track record speaks for itself.

With Y100 also having played the song 16 times yesterday, "We expect this pair of dynamic females to do well," Tear says. "We're looking forward to more tracks from Shakira to make 2014 big for her."

In addition to its swift radio launch, "Remember" ranks in the top 10 of the iTunes Store. Stay tuned to Billboard.com for exclusive first-week sales projections and a forecast of where the song might debut on the airplay/sales/streaming-based Billboard Hot 100 to be refreshed next Wednesday (Jan. 22).

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...roars-at-radio
Old 01-15-14, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 445 Likes on 319 Posts
Re: SHAKIRA: new [English-language] album -3/25/14

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-27-14, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Target Partners With Shakira for Upcoming Album...

Target’s first music partnership for 2014 is with Colombian pop star Shakira, who will provide the retailer with an exclusive deluxe edition of her self-titled upcoming album, due out March 25. Shakira’s new Target TV spot will premiere during the 56th GRAMMY Awards on Jan. 26, the same day fans will be able to preorder the album only at Target and Target.com.

The TV spot, which will feature Shakira doing her trademark hip-shaking, was directed by Marc Klasfeld and was shot at a small town outside of Barcelona, Spain, where the singer currently lives.

The Target edition of "Shakira." features three exclusive tracks that the artist says she penned specifically for the retailer.

"With three special bonus songs on our exclusive album, Shakira joins an unparalleled group of remarkable artists that partner with Target to give our guests more music," Anne Stanchfield, divisional merchandise manager of entertainment, Target, said of the partnership. "Shakira is an international icon with an enormous following of fans that love her distinctive voice, boundless energy and hallmark dance moves. Guests will be thrilled with the three bonus tracks that can only be found at Target."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...-will-premiere
Old 01-30-14, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

reason for self-titled https://www.facebook.com/shakira/pos...?stream_ref=10

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o3mP3mJDL2k?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Old 01-31-14, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Old 01-31-14, 12:18 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,174 Likes on 875 Posts

How many English language albums does Shakira have? I've only recently gotten into her and I like a lot of her stuff. I think I saw a few of her older albums for under $5 used.

She's awesome on The Voice. Looking forward to seeing her again next month.

Hard to believe she gave birth to her 1st child about 1 year ago. I mean she's got an amazing set of curves.
Old 02-03-14, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

I will watch the videos as they are released. Don't need the album.
Old 02-03-14, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
How many English language albums does Shakira have?
Laundry Service
Oral Fixation vol 2
She Wolf
Old 02-07-14, 06:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 236 Likes on 145 Posts

That video with Rihanna is just insane. I think a million views are mine alone.
Old 02-09-14, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I will watch the videos as they are released with the volume turned down. Don't need the album.
Fixed
Old 02-09-14, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 445 Likes on 319 Posts

Originally Posted by gerrythedon View Post
Laundry Service
Oral Fixation vol 2
She Wolf
Isn't Sale El Sol a good mix of English/Spanish? I don't personally listen to it, but I swear I've heard a decent amount of English when my daughter has it on.
Old 02-10-14, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Isn't Sale El Sol a good mix of English/Spanish? I don't personally listen to it, but I swear I've heard a decent amount of English when my daughter has it on.
Nah, its a Spanish album with the typical (bonus) last 3 songs are English versions of Spanish song. And one song the title is English but Spanish lyrics.

I'm sure the new album will be the same but opposite, Full English album with 2-3 Spanish bonus tracks. She's done it since Laundry Service on both English/Spanish albums.
Old 03-10-14, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Shakira Returns With New Album, Steamy Rihanna Video, Country Duet: Cover Story

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...ice?page=0%2C0

Shakira Goes Country on New Blake Shelton Duet
http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...e-shelton-duet
Old 03-25-14, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QapfTGTXbxc?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 03-26-14, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was surprised when I liked a couple of songs from her last album (not really a fan). With that in mind I listened to this new album and I'm back off the bandwagon. Boring.
Old 04-02-14, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Loved her first few Spanish language albums. Haven't been extremely fond of her English language stuff, but that's probably because she went from being kind of indie to a pop sex goddess.
Old 05-07-14, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/XkYAxGt-aUs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>