Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-18, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Originally Posted by Obi-Wan Jabroni
The remainder of last nights Ritual in Milwaukee was cancelled during intermission because a fan died during the show (apparently of natural causes).

http://www.themetalvoice.com/single-...ee-Performance
On that note, very shitty thing, but I will say it is a very classy move by Ghost to see on their social media to keep the fan in thoughts and prayers. Its shitty seeing everyone give Ghost shit for using prayers - ugh.
Old 06-01-18, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Apparently there are alot of exclusive vinyl variants out there for this release. I just got that smoky one from Amazon. Its sitting at home while Im at work. But Best Buy has a Wood variant - real curious what that looks like (if not just a smear of brown lol)

I saw that one and it looked really good. I'll see if I can find the pic.

EDIT

Old 06-01-18, 03:28 PM

Nice! That looks better than I thought it would.

For anyone getting the vinyl, are you getting download codes? Loma Vista seems good about giving them but I am hearing its not coming with this release. WTF?!?
Old 06-01-18, 04:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

My vinyl is still on an Ontrac delivery van somewhere. Should be here by 8 tonight.
Old 06-01-18, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Just got my vinyl from Amazon and there is NO digital copy of the album included.
Old 06-02-18, 09:22 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I got the clear smoke vinyl off Amazon and it didn't include a code. So I ended up getting Target's exclusive version of the CD that includes a poster. I have all their other releases on vinyl and CD, I guess it makes sense that I would do the same for this one too.
Old 06-02-18, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 740 Likes on 366 Posts

Is there any way to legally buy the deluxe edition with bonus tracks digitally? I want the 2 bonus tracks, but I have no interest in owning any CD's or vinyl.
Old 06-02-18, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Just got my vinyl from Amazon and there is NO digital copy of the album included.
For Fucks Sake...... I better not have to buy the MP3s. Not everything I get on vinyl I need on my iPod. But this is a must....not cool.
Old 06-02-18, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Ravenous
For Fucks Sake...... I better not have to buy the MP3s. Not everything I get on vinyl I need on my iPod. But this is a must....not cool.
Yep, I ended up buying the digital album for $7.99.
Old 06-03-18, 12:20 PM

Yep, I ended up buying the digital album for $7.99.
Yea will probably do that too - fuck me I just herd the album and its genius. So goddamn good!
Old 06-04-18, 08:47 AM

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

When I preordered Popestar it didn't include AutoRip, but it was added to my digital library about 2 weeks after release. I don't know if that will happen with Prequelle, but I didn't want to wait around for it. Plus if I'm going to have to pay for it again I think I'd rather have a physical object. That was a big reason why I bought the physical cd rather than just the mp3 version of the album.
Old 06-04-18, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Miasma is creeping in there as my #2 favorite track of the album right behind Dance Macabre. Miasma has a guitar, keytar, and saxophone solo all in one track. And it's an instrumental! How fucking cool is that?
Old 06-04-18, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

I love that a band with this high a profile is doing instrumentals. I love the production of this album, and I wasn't surprised to find out it's the same guy who produced the last two Opeth records. He definitely knows how to get a band to sound retro and modern at the same time.

Besides the singles which are great, really loving "Faith" and "See the Light".
Old 06-04-18, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,202 Likes on 1,506 Posts

Well that friggin' sucks.

Originally Posted by flansered
When I preordered Popestar it didn't include AutoRip, but it was added to my digital library about 2 weeks after release. I don't know if that will happen with Prequelle, but I didn't want to wait around for it. Plus if I'm going to have to pay for it again I think I'd rather have a physical object. That was a big reason why I bought the physical cd rather than just the mp3 version of the album.
Hopefully you're correct about that. I don't remember if my Popestar vinyl had AutoRip, but there was a download code included with the record. Plus I had two other downloads for it because I bought tickets for their Popestar tour, so I was all set with that EP at least. Luckily Prequelle is on Spotify if I want to listen to it digitally, but I'd rather have my own digital copy.
Old 06-04-18, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My pre-order hasn't shipped yet but Loma Vista sent along a digital copy at midnight on release day. Weird the vinyl doesn't include a dl code.
Old 06-04-18, 04:04 PM
Premium Member

Received 694 Likes on 464 Posts

They sent me digital album codes for each ticket we bought for their show last month.
Old 06-04-18, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't get that, Amazon had AutoRip for Popestar, and as I said earlier, a download code card with the vinyl, plus a download link when I bought concert tickets. But with Prequelle, you only get a digital copy if you order it from Loma Vista directly or buy concert tickets? That sucks. Of course, if they were playing in a city near me this time, I would have bought tickets and I would have been good for a free album download, but they aren't playing near me. I'm not paying $7.99 for an MP3 after already paying $25 for the vinyl.

That wood colored version is pretty slick. I got the smoke variation from Amazon and it looks pretty nice too. Unfortunately there is a couple small splits on my inner sleeve, oh well, at least the outer sleeve is ok.
Old 06-04-18, 08:02 PM

I bought 2 concert tickets to see them last month, there was no download code included. I also saw them in the same venue on the Popestar tour and didn't get a download code. I've bought the new album from Amazon already, but I wish there was a way to get the bonus tracks legally without buying a physical copy that I'm never going to use.
Old 06-04-18, 08:40 PM
Premium Member

I bought 2 concert tickets to see them last month, there was no download code included. I also saw them in the same venue on the Popestar tour and didn't get a download code. I've bought the new album from Amazon already, but I wish there was a way to get the bonus tracks legally without buying a physical copy that I'm never going to use.
Weird. I don't recall it being advertised when we purchased our tix, but it showed up in my email the day before the release. I'd share a code, but they were both used. Here's what the email looks like (it's from [email protected]):

Old 06-04-18, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's weird. From what I recall, when I bought my tickets, I received an email saying that I would receive a download code once Popestar was released. And sure enough, I received an email with the link on release day.

Originally Posted by The Cow
Weird. I don't recall it being advertised when we purchased our tix, but it showed up in my email the day before the release. I'd share a code, but they were both used. Here's what the email looks like (it's from [email protected]):
I'm not sure, but I think he just needed the two bonus tracks and I don't know if the copy you get when buying concert tickets would include those?
I'm kinda in the same boat. I have the bonus tracks on the 7" included with my deluxe set, but it's a pain in the ass to change my turntable to play at 45 rpm, so I wouldn't want to have to play them that way very often. Plus those two songs aren't on Spotify with the rest of the album, so I'd love digital copies but would hate to go down the illegal route.
Old 06-04-18, 10:28 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by cultshock
I'm not sure, but I think he just needed the two bonus tracks and I don't know if the copy you get when buying concert tickets would include those?
Ah, yeah. And you are correct, the email codes were just for the standard album (I gave them to family members). I picked up the Target version.
Old 06-04-18, 11:07 PM

The main thing I'm looking for is the bonus tracks, as I did already purchase the album digitally, but yeah, I was also saying that I received no download vouchers for the tickets that I purchased (and if I had, probably wouldn't have bought it again). I purchased the tickets from LiveNation/Ticketmaster and never saw anything about the album being included and never got an email like the one above.
Old 06-08-18, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pleasant surprise, I just received an email from Amazon, and the digital version of Prequelle has now been added to my music library, there must have been a delay for the AutoRip to kick in. One bad thing, the two bonus songs from the 7" aren't included. Oh well, if I have to find those two by other means, so be it.
Old 06-08-18, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The cover of "It's A Sin" is excellent. One of their best covers. I'm pretty meh on the other one.
Old 06-08-18, 11:38 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

I really like Dance Macabre though was rather lukewarm on the album as a whole at first listen. I need to give it another pass or two. I did like the instrumentals.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.