Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Old 06-07-16, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Yea, I did although I didn't know you needed a Citi card AND a passcode. Good thing Google is a thing. Got it in 10 seconds.

Metal fans are annoying. Well, a lot of them. Ghost had Pinkish Black open for them on the last tour and that band is so, so good.
Old 06-08-16, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 111 Likes on 69 Posts

Yea I found the code but don't have a Citi card. Really hoping this isn't hit by scalpers quick so I can grab tickets.

I saw Deafheaven open for Lamb of God and Anthrax in LA a couple of months ago. The crowd was a mix of old school 80s metal fans (Anthrax), younger metal fans (Lamb of God), and fans of all three (about 5 people including myself haha). There were people booing Deafheaven, who didn't let it phase them and played a fantastic (albeit short) set. Randy from Lamb of God is a fan and came out to help sing Dreamhouse to end their set. Very cool moment, glad I got to see it.
Old 06-08-16, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, they will be relesing a new EP of covers this fall and will do an even bigger tour! Awesome!
Old 06-08-16, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,208 Likes on 928 Posts

LEGEND is a code that was sent in an email. VIP and MEET AND GREETS are on sale. Shit, it's $275 if you want to meet the band and take photos with them. That's steep as fuck.
Old 06-09-16, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The general on-sale this morning sucked. Logged on five minutes before 10am, website refreshed right on time, and could only get tickets in the Mezzanine. What a joke. When they played the Mayan last year I got tickets right away with no problem. Fingers crossed they either add another show or maybe make an appearance in Pomona or Orange County...
Old 06-09-16, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Jippy
The general on-sale this morning sucked. Logged on five minutes before 10am, website refreshed right on time, and could only get tickets in the Mezzanine. What a joke. When they played the Mayan last year I got tickets right away with no problem. Fingers crossed they either add another show or maybe make an appearance in Pomona or Orange County...
I don't know if I just got lucky or if servers were overloaded this morning, but I finally managed to score a pair of GA Floor tickets about 2:45pm this afternoon. If any of you are having trouble, just hang in there and keep trying!
Old 06-09-16, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I got Floor tickets. I guess the Pit is closer but I didn't even see that available during presale or regular. It could have been sold out of on both occasions before I had a chance to pick them up though. Glad I got tickets either way and can't wait for the show.
Old 06-10-16, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by beavis69
I got Floor tickets. I guess the Pit is closer but I didn't even see that available during presale or regular. It could have been sold out of on both occasions before I had a chance to pick them up though. Glad I got tickets either way and can't wait for the show.
Correct. Looks like there was pre-sale yesterday which is frustrating since I am supposed to be on their email list. However, when you check their website, it doesn't even list the Wiltern date. You had to be following them on Facebook or other social media to catch it.
Old 06-10-16, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Correct. Looks like there was pre-sale yesterday which is frustrating since I am supposed to be on their email list. However, when you check their website, it doesn't even list the Wiltern date. You had to be following them on Facebook or other social media to catch it.

Ticketmaster had sent me the email and included the code, which I posted a few posts ago.
Old 06-10-16, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I used that code but still didn't see the closer area as an option. The venue looks small so I'm not that worried about it. Anyone happen to know how much they sell their cds for at shows?
Old 06-10-16, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Wiltern is not small, but you still shouldn't have a problem getting a good vantage point.
Old 06-10-16, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I wish I were going to this show, too.

The new poster artwork is pretty cool, too. It was done by David Brinley who has done tons ofwork for the band. He did the famous JAWS/PAPA shirt design.

I wish I could find The Wiltern one online somewhere to post.
Old 06-10-16, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Second date added at the Wiltern for Friday, October 21st. On Sale now...
Old 06-10-16, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Second date added at the Wiltern for Friday, October 21st. On Sale now...
i CAN MAKE IT!
Old 06-10-16, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll see you guys on the floor.
Old 06-10-16, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Old 06-23-16, 05:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,343 Likes on 1,580 Posts

Just picked up tickets to see them again in Toronto in November, nice balcony seats. It's great getting to see them twice in one year. Their website says that each ticket includes a digital download of "new, unreleased" music and I'll get an email that includes instructions. Anyone know how long it takes before I would get that email? I'm guessing it's going to be some live tracks?
Old 06-23-16, 07:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by cultshock
Just picked up tickets to see them again in Toronto in November, nice balcony seats. It's great getting to see them twice in one year. Their website says that each ticket includes a digital download of "new, unreleased" music and I'll get an email that includes instructions. Anyone know how long it takes before I would get that email? I'm guessing it's going to be some live tracks?
Didn't know there would be free music included - at least not here. In fact, I still have not received my tickets via email. When I went into my account it says that they should start to be sent out to folks beginning on June 27.
Old 06-24-16, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
I hope they sell this poster at the show.
Old 06-24-16, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Me too - I even went on the the artists' page of the guy who made it and he's not selling it. I hope it's not part of the VIP package.
Old 06-24-16, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Didn't know there would be free music included - at least not here. In fact, I still have not received my tickets via email. When I went into my account it says that they should start to be sent out to folks beginning on June 27.
That's weird, I got my tickets emailed to me immediately. They mentioned the free music deal when I went to the ticket order page but I haven't received anything about that yet.
Old 06-24-16, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That's weird, I got my tickets emailed to me immediately. They mentioned the free music deal when I went to the ticket order page but I haven't received anything about that yet.
Who was the administrator of the tickets? Ticketmaster or Live Nation? Mine were through Live Nation.

For big events it takes time to ensure all orders are from real fans. We'll email you the minute they're ready to view/print/ship.
Old 06-24-16, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got mine through a site called "Ticketfly" (that's where Ghost's website directed me to when I tried to buy tickets). I got my tickets for Ghost's April show in Niagara Falls through them as well. I had never heard of them before that.
Old 06-24-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I got mine through a site called "Ticketfly" (that's where Ghost's website directed me to when I tried to buy tickets). I got my tickets for Ghost's April show in Niagara Falls through them as well. I had never heard of them before that.
I've used Ticketfly before but only for indie acts and usually out in Orange County, cali.

Last time we saw Ghost I bought them from AXS.
Old 06-27-16, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 579 Likes on 359 Posts

Awesome, they are actually playing here in Oklahoma on Sep 27 so I got my brother and I tickets.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.