Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Old 10-21-16, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The 'Ghost B.C.' Thread

Originally Posted by islandclaws
Just got back from their first show at the Wiltern. Splendid, as usual. My pit seats afforded a killer view of the stage. I think Black to the Future had better production but this was nearly even with that tour.

I got covered in glittery confetti and managed to snag a grip of Papa $666 bills.

Bought a tour shirt ($40, but it was a one-off for this show) and a coffee mug. That Square Hammer pic disc vinyl was longgggg gone.
I have pit tickets for tonight. Can't wait! Sounds like I should hit up the merch booth as soon as I get inside in case there are some rare items.
Old 10-21-16, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Yeah, that sounds like good advice. That's the first place I head to when I see them next month.
Old 10-21-16, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,161 Likes on 892 Posts

Just got back from their first show at the Wiltern. Splendid, as usual. My pit seats afforded a killer view of the stage. I think Black to the Future had better production but this was nearly even with that tour.

I got covered in glittery confetti and managed to snag a grip of Papa $666 bills.

Bought a tour shirt ($40, but it was a one-off for this show) and a coffee mug. That Square Hammer pic disc vinyl was longgggg gone.
Seeing them tonight. What time did they go on?
Old 10-21-16, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

9:15PM sharp. They played until about 11:00PM.

Also, if you want to save money on shirts the bootleggers outside had some cool designs. I saw three different ones, all for cheap.
Old 10-21-16, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend & 2021 TOTY Winner

Received 734 Likes on 361 Posts

9:15PM sharp. They played until about 11:00PM.

Also, if you want to save money on shirts the bootleggers outside had some cool designs. I saw three different ones, all for cheap.
If you don't mind the print washing off after 3 washes
Old 10-21-16, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have bootleg shirts I bought ages ago and they're still holding up quite well. Honestly, considering the perceived quality most are very impressive. I got a boot shirt after a Faith No More show that was better than anything the band was selling!
Old 10-22-16, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

It was a great show last night and it was also sold out. Got me a bacon wrapped hot dog from the vendors outside and then we went to Monty's Bar where Jeordie White (Twiggy from Marylin Manson) was spinning a guest DJ set. He had posted on his IG and called it the Popestar after party. It was pretty cool and he spun a lot of eclectic shit. Good times were had by all.

Last edited by Why So Blu?; 10-22-16 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-22-16, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Very good show last night. I saw them last year when they were touring behind "Meliora". They upped the production element of their show even more, if that's even possible for a band like this. Sound mix was fairly good, but maybe that is because I wear hearing protection to cut out the high frequencies. The band was super tight. I still have to wonder how everyone can still manage to play and perform while wearing those outfits and masks. I'd trip and fall down within the first few minutes if I had to that in front of an audience .
Old 10-22-16, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
As some of you may or may not know Ghost has a new female Ghoul on bass. Aether (Omega) is not currently on this tour due to working on another project, so Water (the main bassist) is on Omega's guitar duties and they got this young lady to fill in on bass. They also have already figured out who she is:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gho...lly-confirmed/

Spoiler:
I have to say she did an amazing job and fits in very well with the rest of the band. I really thought the bassist on "Meliora" did some excellent work on the album and she was flawless at the Wiltern last night. The cool thing is if you look at Youtube performances of her with Lez Zeppelin and then footage from the recent Ghost tour, it's very easy to tell it's her.
Old 10-22-16, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Jippy
Very good show last night. I saw them last year when they were touring behind "Meliora". They upped the production element of their show even more, if that's even possible for a band like this. Sound mix was fairly good, but maybe that is because I wear hearing protection to cut out the high frequencies. The band was super tight. I still have to wonder how everyone can still manage to play and perform while wearing those outfits and masks. I'd trip and fall down within the first few minutes if I had to that in front of an audience .

Yeah, they definitely added more to the production - explosions and flames along with the confetti.
Old 10-22-16, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Dubs? I bought a pair last year and they're amazing.
Old 10-22-16, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Dubs? I bought a pair last year and they're amazing.
Nothing that fancy right now, but they've worked pretty well for a number of years. However, I think it's time to step up and get something higher quality.
Old 10-23-16, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nothing that fancy right now, but they've worked pretty well for a number of years. However, I think it's time to step up and get something higher quality.
Dubs only cost about $25 on Amazon. I can't recommend them enough.
Old 10-23-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 106 Likes on 65 Posts

I've been debating earbuds for shows. Would the dubs fall out getting pushed around in a crowd? Tend to go to metal shows only and want something to help eliminate the massive headaches I get after.

On the topic of Ghost I had tickets to the first night of the Wiltern shows up in LA and had to sell them because I had duty on Friday and it would have been too much to drive up and back from San Diego the same day. Really disappointed but I'm sure they will come back through at some point.
Old 10-24-16, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 199 Likes on 132 Posts

The bootleg shirt talk makes me sad. Ghost is such a great band and regardless of how successful they seem, I guarantee you they need the money from merch sales. If you're buying the bootlegs as well as official merch that helps, but just keep in mind it's expensive for European metal bands to tour the US.
Old 10-31-16, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 902 Likes on 558 Posts

My Halloween costume from our party Saturday night. The only thing I didn't do was the contact for the one eye. I wanted to but you needed a prescription nowadays which is expensive and I didn't know if I should trust cheap ones from some ebay seller with a feedback value of 2 when putting something in my eye all night.

Priest outfit. Papa hat from Trick Or Treat Studios. Patch and rosary beads straight from the Ghost website. Make-up by my wife.

I figured you guys would appreciate. Almost all the people at the party didn't know who I was but I freaked out several people the entire night. We have some South American nuns who live next door and my friends wanted me to trick or treat them but I didn't want them to move.

Old 10-31-16, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Nice!

I thought of doing that but I live in a predominately Latino/Black neighborhood. I don't think I would have made it down the street before being killed. hahaha
Old 10-31-16, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great job Spider!
Old 10-31-16, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Very nice costume Spider, but why do you have an outside door installed inside?
Old 10-31-16, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 167 Likes on 118 Posts

Old 10-31-16, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 902 Likes on 558 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
It's not an exterior door. It is one of those shitty cheap interior doors that all contractors put in houses nowadays.
Old 10-31-16, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Spiderbite
It's not an exterior door. It is one of those shitty cheap interior doors that all contractors put in houses nowadays.
I was joking - it was a reference to another thread.
Old 10-31-16, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Great costume
Old 11-02-16, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,009 Likes on 1,382 Posts

Awesome costume!

Originally Posted by bunkaroo

One week to go until I can see Ghost in Toronto, can't wait!
Old 11-02-16, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Here are two relatively new acoustic clips - man, Papa has at remendous singing voice and it's on full display here.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.