DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   MP3 Panda... Anyone know about this? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/614871-mp3-panda-anyone-know-about.html)

Ravenous 10-31-13 09:22 PM

MP3 Panda... Anyone know about this?

So a buddy of mine recommended this site to me as a great way to get albums on iTunes! Only thing is that it looks kinda shady lol. Im all for cheap albums but anyone ever used this site before, or even better know other sites that offer ways to get whole albums for around a buck?

bunkaroo 10-31-13 11:08 PM

No site selling albums for a dollar is going to be legit, so might as well not beat around the bush and just steal the music you want. It's not the like the artist is going to see any money from a site like that anyway.

EddieMoney 11-01-13 02:28 PM

Re: MP3 Panda... Anyone know about this?

Originally Posted by Ravenous (Post 11891516)
So a buddy of mine recommended this site to me as a great way to get albums on iTunes! Only thing is that it looks kinda shady lol. Im all for cheap albums but anyone ever used this site before, or even better know other sites that offer ways to get whole albums for around a buck?

There used to be a lot of Russian sites, but shit's all illegal. Stay away if you don't wanna be locked up with a BBC in your ass.

cungar 11-01-13 02:37 PM

It's one of those sites you can tell just by the design it's hosted in some Southeast Asian internet cafe'

Hiro11 11-01-13 04:27 PM

Piracy is so 2007. Just get a Spotify subscription and call it a day.

wishbone 11-01-13 04:31 PM

It's true. Del Monte.com kills mp3 pandas.

Dan 11-01-13 04:51 PM

I couldn't find a sad panda wearing headphones, so here's a happy one:
http://i.imgur.com/Jmb9PiQ.jpg

Also yeah... just get a Spotify subscription.

chino77 11-04-13 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hiro11 (Post 11892617)
Piracy is so 2007. Just get a Spotify subscription and call it a day.

yea pretty much this. i was a huge music pirate with over 4k cds. recently i got spotify because its just so much easier.

My Other Self 11-04-13 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ravenous (Post 11891516)

Nothing legitimate offers that kind of stuff. Spotify is well worth the money, IMO.

Ravenous 11-11-13 06:48 PM

Isnt Spotify something I need the internet for, like I can get the songs on my comp but it has to be over the net to play them? Also I cant put them on my ipod or burn them or something?

My Other Self 11-11-13 07:00 PM

Yes, Spotify is a streaming service.

If you need the mp3s you're going to have to buy individual songs or full albums depending on your needs.

Dan 11-12-13 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenous (Post 11905162)
Isnt Spotify something I need the internet for, like I can get the songs on my comp but it has to be over the net to play them? Also I cant put them on my ipod or burn them or something?

If you're using a computer or mobile device, you CAN make songs available offline so you don't need to be connected to the internet to play them. That's only if you pay $10/month for Premium, which includes other benefits (and is totally worth it). If you're just using a standard iPod, then you might be out of luck in that regard, but even iPod Touch supports the Spotify app... and I think you can still get a Premium free trial when you sign up.