Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Ennio Morricone LIVE in L.A. this March

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 10-30-13, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

http://www.nokiatheatrelalive.com/ev...nnio-morricone

I just nabbed two orchestra seats. And I thought seeing Goblin last week was surreal. The Maestro live? My body may not be ready.
Old 10-30-13, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 76 Likes on 56 Posts
Re: Ennio Morricone LIVE in L.A. this March

Wow, would love to see him...almost $800 for the pit tickets that just came up for me...
Old 10-30-13, 04:25 PM
Banned by request

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ordered. Loge tickets, $75 after fees. Worth it.

Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-30-13, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 449 Likes on 362 Posts

Very nice!
Old 11-05-13, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know, I was planning on taking a vacation early next year that would split my time between Vegas, San Diego and LA, but couldn't decide on a time to go.

Well, looks like I'm locked in for vacationing in March since I just bought a ticket for this. And I also just paid off a major credit card bill a few days ago; with Black Friday and Xmas presents on the horizon, I really shouldn't even be purchasing this. I REGRET NOTHING.
Old 11-05-13, 10:10 AM

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

This would be amazing to go. I may have to make the trip to CA for this...the wife was already asking about visiting some relatives early next year in Long Beach. Hmm...
Old 11-05-13, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 139 Likes on 89 Posts

Also playing in NYC 3 days later. I want to go but it's too expensive. Nosebleed seats are $92.30.
Old 12-20-13, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 163 Likes on 114 Posts

Just wanted to say thanks to the OP for posting this. I have been meaning to get out to L.A. to see a friend who lives out there and this was the perfect excuse!

Got the tickets and we shall be there. I just wish I could have seen John Barry like this before he died.
Old 03-12-14, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The show and interview with QT have been postponed due an injury he sustained:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-events-687996

Ennio Morricone, the great Italian composer known for scoring such Sergio Leone films as The Good the Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West, has suffered a back injury that has forced the postponement of his March 20 concert in Los Angeles.
our editor recommends
European Film Awards: Ennio Morricone Wins Best Composer Honor
For a Fistful of Euros: Did Ennio Morricone Cheat Guitarist Behind Famous Spaghetti Western Riffs?

An Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences’ Los Angeles event scheduled for March 18, "Ennio Morricone in Conversation With Quentin Tarantino" at the Bing Theatre at the L.A. County Museum of Art, also has been postponed.

The concert at the Nokia Theatre in L.A. Live has been rescheduled to June 15. Morricone still plans to conduct an ensemble of 200 musicians and singers.

Morricone, 85, has undergone an operation to repair a slipped disc, and his doctor has advised him not to travel long distances for a period of time to ensure a full recovery, according to a news release issued Wednesday.

“It saddens me deeply to have to postpone this concert. I am very much looking forward to my first Los Angeles performance,” he said in a statement. “Hollywood has been instrumental in bringing my work to American audiences, and my 2007 performance in New York was one of the high points of my career to date. I’m grateful and sorry to my fans for having to delay this show. I look forward to seeing you in June.”

Morricone has composed the scores for more than 450 films, including five Westerns helmed by Leone. He is the recipient of five Oscar nominations and an honorary Oscar.
Old 03-12-14, 06:20 PM
Banned by request

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got an email about that. I'm going to have to ask for a refund, because I most likely will be in Costa Rica by June 15th.
Old 03-12-14, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, was not happy at all to receive the email since he was the main reason I booked a trip to LA. Should have enough leftover vacation time in June to cover this, thankfully; June 15th is a Sunday, so if worse comes to worse I can make it a quick weekend trip (live in the Bay Area, so flight is pretty short).
Old 03-13-14, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had to change my flight times but it was no biggie with Southwest. The weekend in June actually works better for me. I just hope he doesn't croak before then. He is 85 years old!
Old 05-21-14, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Might want to check your email if you haven't yet...not the best news to read this morning--concert has been officially canceled:

HEALTH ISSUES FORCE ENNIO MORRICONE
TO CANCEL JUNE 2014 U.S. TOUR

Due to complications from a back injury, 85 year-old Italian composer is forced to cancel his highly anticipated U.S. tour, including his performance on June 15 at Nokia Theatre L.A. LIVE in Los Angeles.

Morricone has been in recovery since March, when he suffered a back injury that forced the postponement of these concerts from March to June. He was expected to make a fast recovery, however his doctors have now found further complications. His lawyer explains, "He has been affected by a back injury that prevents him from conducting orchestras and traveling by plane." Under very strict medical orders, Morricone has had to cancel the U.S. and other concerts and turn down offers until he is fully recovered, which could take up to eight months of rest. Until then, he will continue to compose film scores. Morricone remarked, "I apologize to my fans for having to cancel these shows, and hope that I am able to make it back soon."

If you purchased your tickets on AXS.com or via the AXS Call Center, your credit card will automatically be credited. For all other purchases, refunds will be provided at point of purchase.
This really sucks...was so looking forward to this, and considering Morricone's age, it might very well be a once in a lifetime thing. Hoping he'll recover enough to play in the States at a later date.
Old 05-21-14, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fuck. I was afraid of this when I saw the bump. That really fucks my trip up.
Old 06-14-14, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, looks like the June shows are canceled. Ennio is still sick. James Gunn just posted that he was going to see him tomorrow and that's done.

Here's the official PR:

http://www.nokiatheatrelalive.com/ne...e-2014-us-tour
Old 06-14-14, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Haven't checked this thread in a while, have ya?

See two above you.
Old 06-14-14, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

D'oh! Yeah, I was going by Gunn's post TODAY.

Carry on.