Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Pearl Jam - Fall 2013 tour

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-08-13, 09:29 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

from Stereogum:

On July 1, Pearl Jam took to their Twitter with an enigmatic warning: “The countdown is on.”

The tweet referred to an ominous digital countdown clock on a section of the band’s website, and came with a Vine video of the countdown’s launch. The clock has been ticking for some time now, inspiring speculation regarding the release of a new single, a tour, or even the group’s next album.

And so today, exactly one week and two tweets later (“Are you ready?,” the band asked), the countdown is up – revealing the announcement for a mammoth, two-leg North American tour.

While Pearl Jam has continued to perform sporadically, the upcoming tour will see the band embarking on its first official tour circuit since 2010. Hints at a tour, and at new material, have been popping up for the last several months: All Access had at one point registered a new single, “Mind Your Manners,” for release on July 16 (only to quickly remove the listing), and guitarist Mike McCready even spoke with the Bob And Groz show in early May, albeit cryptically, about an upcoming record.

Finally, we’re beginning to get some answers. Just as the the countdown completed, the website launched a brand new clock timed at 3 days and 2 hours; in this light, the announcement of a tour all but confirms the arrival of a new album (or at least a new single), which will likely drop later this year. Only time will tell…

Pearl Jam kick off their tour in Pittsburgh on 10/11. See the tour dates ... below.

10/11 – Pittsburgh, PA @ Consol Energy Center
10/12 – Buffalo, NY @ First Niagara Center
10/15 – Worcester, MA @ DCU Center
10/18 – Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
10/19 – Brooklyn, NY @ Barclays Center
10/21 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
10/22 – Philadelphia, PA @ Wells Fargo Center
10/25 – Hartford, CT @ XL Center
10/27 – Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
10/29 – Charlottesville, VA @ John Paul Jones Arena
10/30 – Charlotte, NC @ Time Warner Cable Arena
11/01-03 – New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music + Arts Experience
11/15 – Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Arena
11/16 – Oklahoma City, OK @ Chesapeake Energy Arena
11/19 – Phoenix, AZ @ Jobing.com Arena
11/21 – San Diego, CA @ Viejas Arena
11/23 – Los Angeles, CA @ Sports Arena
11/24 – Los Angeles, CA @ Sports Arena
11/26 – Oakland, CA @ Oracle Arena
11/29 – Portland, OR @ Rose Garden Arena
11/30 – Spokane, WA @ Spokane Arena
12/02 – Calgary, AB @ Scotiabank Saddledome
12/04 – Vancouver, BC @ Rogers Arena
12/06 – Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
Old 07-08-13, 11:47 PM

Received 547 Likes on 333 Posts
Re: Pearl Jam - Fall 2013 tour

I wasn't feeling well today so I ended up taking an unexpected nap. I woke up, checked my phone, and got the email about this tour. I was so excited! Then I saw it's basically one giant loop around the heartland with no dates in Minnesota or the surrounding states. I groaned, rolled over, and went back to bed.
Old 07-08-13, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 547 Likes on 445 Posts

Yep, I was anticipating this announcement all weekend and was so disappointed to find out that this tour is basically covering the coasts only. I couldn't make it to a show easily at all.
Old 07-09-13, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like the sound in arenas. And they are coming to Oakland in the Bay Area, ugh!

Unless I get floor tickets, I'm not sure if I'm attending.
Old 07-11-13, 03:54 PM

Received 1,634 Likes on 1,129 Posts

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DhODYyZVL6Y?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TIH0GIPQv-E?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 07-12-13, 06:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Yay that they are coming to NC. Double boo since 1) it's in Charlotte and 2) it's only 4 days after the NIN show which I have tickets for.

Hopefully they make another run across the US and play somewhere else.