DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Music Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk-28/)
-   -   Goblin planning a mini U.S. tour (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/music-talk/611586-goblin-planning-mini-u-s-tour.html)

islandclaws 06-24-13 02:58 PM

Goblin planning a mini U.S. tour

From Death Waltz Records:

We are very excited to be working with one of the most influential Italian bands of all time Goblin. This October they head out on their first ever tour of the USA and are releasing a tour EP featuring four brand new versions of the Goblin classics Suspiria , Tenebrae, Profondo Rosso & Roller exclusively through Death Waltz. These re-recorded versions by the recently reunited band not only manage to capture the spirit of the original recordings but instill them with an urgency and intensity that is truly representative of their recent live performances. The EP will only be available on the US tour and will be pressed on blood red 180g vinyl featuring exclusively comissioned artwork by legendary poster artist Graham Humphreys (Evil Dead, A Nightmare On Elm Street).

If this wasn’t excitement enough we have also teamed up with our friends at Amity to program a night of live music from Goblin complete with a 35mm screening of Dario Argento’s classic Deep Red at the World famous Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Blvd.

The live performance / screening will kick off Amity’s first ever ‘Beyond Fest’ a festival that aims to deliver the elite in horror, sci-fi, fantasy, and badass cinema, Beyond Fest runs for two weeks throughout October exclusively at the legendary Egyptian Theater on Hollywood Boulevard. Globally sourced and comprising of a diverse and eclectic mix of gala premieres, rare retrospectives, and special events, Beyond Fest programming is anchored in bringing firsts to the community of genre fans in Los Angeles.

We’ll be hosting several other nights during Beyond Fest. Annoucement soon.

The screening with Deep Red is on 10/23. And you had better believe I'll be there.

inri222 06-24-13 03:03 PM

Re: Goblin planning a mini U.S. tour

They are playing October 6 in Brooklyn, NY.
I am going to try to see them

Toddarino 06-24-13 04:54 PM

Might have to try and catch that show in Chicago.

Boba Fett 06-24-13 05:00 PM

Oct. 19th in Portland.

Trout 06-24-13 06:06 PM

Damn, this would be sweet to see.

asianxcore 06-24-13 06:40 PM

Definitely going to pick up a ticket this Friday for the San Francisco date.

Oct 1 Atlanta, GA/ The Loft
Oct 3 Asheville, NC/ The Orange Peel
Oct 4 Baltimore, MD/ Otto Bar
Oct 5 Philadelphia, PA/ Underground Arts
Oct 6 Brooklyn, NY/ The Music Hall of Williamsburg
Oct 9 Boston, MA/ Sinclair
Oct 10 Montreal, QC/ Le National
Oct 11 Toronto, ON/ Opera House
Oct 12 Pontiac, MI/ The Crofoot
Oct 13 Chicago, IL/ Metro
Oct 15 Denver, CO/ The Gothic Theatre
Oct 18 Seattle, WA/ Neumos
Oct 19 Portland, OR/ Hawthorne Theatre
Oct 20 San Francisco, CA/ The Regency Ballroom
Oct 22 Los Angeles, CA/ Beyond Fest @ The Egyptian Theater (with a screening of Deep Red)
Oct 25 Austin, TX/ Housecore Horror Film Festival
Oct 27 Austin, TX/ Housecore Horror Film Festival

Lastdaysofrain 06-25-13 07:41 AM

Definitely going to try and snag tickets to the Boston show

Groucho 06-25-13 08:06 AM

Only the Mini US? I live in the Big US!

SethDLH 06-28-13 04:21 PM

Got my VIP ticket for Baltimore. Can't wait to meet them, get some autographs, and then see the show.

zaphod2467 06-29-13 07:38 PM

Just picked up my ticket for SF; I guess I need to check the music forum more often as I had heard nothing about this tour. Got to see (and meet) Simonetti and Daemonia about 10 years ago, and thought that would be the closest I would ever get to seeing Goblin live. Glad I was wrong :banana:

Supermallet 06-29-13 10:21 PM

The LA show was sold out by the time I tried to get a ticket. The Cinematheque is saying they're going to try and schedule a second show.

asianxcore 06-30-13 09:28 AM

Got my ticket for the San Francisco show!

Ugh. So excited!

islandclaws 06-30-13 11:09 AM

I grabbed 6 tickets for L.A. Scalping heaven, here I come!

Just kidding, they're all for friends. Personally, I'd rather see Secret Chiefs 3 opening than watch Deep Red. I'll be bummed if they announce a second show with Tenebre screening. That's my favorite Argento film, and one of their best scores.

Supermallet 06-30-13 12:49 PM

Deep Red is my favorite Argento film. :(

islandclaws 07-01-13 12:30 PM

Just as I figured, 2nd show added for 10/23 and they're screening Tenebre. Tix on sale Wed @ 10am.

Set your alarm, Super.

Supermallet 07-01-13 12:35 PM

Why the shit are these all on weekend nights? I work nights, damn it.

inri222 07-01-13 06:14 PM

New York show sold out and I didn't get a ticket.
Son of a Bitch!!!

Lipid 07-02-13 01:08 AM

I'll be there for Portland. Can't wait to see how these translate live. I'm anticipating an awesome light show as well.

Lastdaysofrain 07-02-13 07:03 AM

Tickets for Boston show obtained.

asianxcore 07-24-13 06:30 PM

To anyone who bought tickets for the San Francisco, CA date, the venue has been moved from The Regency Ballroom to The Warfield.

I'm still figuring out how seating will be honored, possibly emailing or calling the venues.

The Regency Ballroom is all GA while The Warfield has GA Floor + Assigned Balcony.

zaphod2467 07-25-13 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by asianxcore (Post 11776762)
To anyone who bought tickets for the San Francisco, CA date, the venue has been moved from The Regency Ballroom to The Warfield.

I'm still figuring out how seating will be honored, possibly emailing or calling the venues.

The Regency Ballroom is all GA while The Warfield has GA Floor + Assigned Balcony.

Thanks for posting this. I sent an e-mail to the Warfield asking how to exchange/upgrade as I would rather be seated for this.

Supermallet 07-27-13 01:29 PM

Tickets for Suspiria at the Egyptian in Hollywood are on sale. I just bought mine.

asianxcore 07-30-13 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by zaphod2467 (Post 11777029)
Thanks for posting this. I sent an e-mail to the Warfield asking how to exchange/upgrade as I would rather be seated for this.

No problem! Post up if you get a response. I'm curious how this is going to be handled too.

asianxcore 08-01-13 02:09 PM

The only response back I got regarding the Venue change in San Francisco was:

"If you had GA Floor Tickets at the Regency, you will have GA Floor Tickets at the Warfield"

Still doesn't make sense because the Regency is GA. If you have a GA ticket there, you can either go Upstairs and sit or enjoy the show from the Floor.

EDIT: I got an answer after the CS realized they didn't really answer my question.

If you would like to switch to an assigned balcony seat you can contact AXS at [email protected] or 888-9-AXS-TIX to upgrade. Thanks!

Geofferson 10-04-13 01:20 PM

FYI, additional tour dates were recently added. Just got my tix for the Minneapolis show :up:

11/29 Chicago, IL @ The Empty Bottle (Zombi only)
11/30 Minneapolis, MN @ The Varsity Theater
12/1 Milwaukee, WI @ Turner Hall
12/3 St. Louis, MO @ 2720 Cherokee
12/4 Cincinnati, OH @ Taft Theatre
12/5 Cleveland, OH @ Beachland Ballroom
12/6 Pittsburgh, PA @ Carnegie Music Hall
12/8 Albany, NY @ Upstate Concert Hall
12/10 Boston, MA @ Sinclair
12/11 New Haven, CT @ Center Church on the Green
12/12 Philadelphia, PA @ Trocadero
12/13 Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
12/14 Carrboro, NC @ Cats Cradle